UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Repair/Replacement Info and Pricing.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Garmin Repair/Replacement Info and Pricing.

As most of you know. Garmin has a repair/replacement program on the items they sell. The process can be handled through several channels.
All Garmin Products have a one year warranty. I highly encourage if you have any issues with your product, don't let it set on a table broke and the warranty run out. In most cases warranty repair can be handled two ways. If you purchased from a Garmin Dealer, that would be the place I would first go to. It would probably be quicker and a lot easier. If you want to go through Garmin then you can call them at one of several numbers. I prefer 1-800-800-1020. Easy to remember and always got good service. Be prepared to give the serial number of the item you are having issues with.
Next thing is many think they repair your product and send it back. I don't think I have every had the same product returned to me or a customer. It has always been product with a different serial number and it looks brand new. That is important because when dealing with Garmin you don't want to send in anything with new collar straps on it or map cards in it or any accessories. You won't get them back. Ask the representative you're working with about stripping the item down and they can share with you what to do. The cost to repair/exchange items has just went up the 1st of March 2020. I will attach a copy of the new pricing to this thread. Now these are Garmin's pricing but sometimes circumstances allow the representative on the phone to work with you some.
Also some dealers offer repair/exchange on items out of warranty. So you can check with your favorite dealer before going to Garmin if you prefer.
Some items over a period of time, Garmin will remove form the repair/exchange list. Then outside repair is needed. The list attached includes the items they currently exchange and repair along with pricing.
Hopes this helps some understand the process.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 03-04-2020 at 01:26 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2020 12:26 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Bruce that's quite a jump in prices. One of the reasons I have stayed with the Alpha has been the fact that I could exchange collars and units for a good price. At these prices If I have a couple collars go out I could really look at the dogtra system.

Old Post 03-04-2020 04:07 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I am just sharing information so people can make an informed decision on what they need to do and understand the process.

I have been fortunate. I have an ALPHA with 4 tt15's and one T5. Until 30 minutes ago I have not had a problem with them and they are old. But I took my ALPHA out of my truck and noticed a dark line running across the screen. Time for some repairs.

Old Post 03-04-2020 04:32 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Didn't mean to imply in any way that you had anything to do with the price increases. I was fortunate and had to replace/repair my handheld a couple months ago. Bruce thanks for all you do to help us use these products.

Old Post 03-04-2020 08:55 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tom I understand. When I looked at my ALPHA and saw the dark line across the screen it didn't make me happy. I have over 200 of these things in the store so getting one isn't the problem. The darn cost of getting one is. Guess I got attached to the one I had. We had been through a lot of swamps together.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 03-05-2020 at 11:46 AM

Old Post 03-05-2020 11:40 AM
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

they really dont have no new technology that they can put into the system and collars now so they had to make money somehow.

Old Post 03-06-2020 02:32 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Called Garmin last month about sending my alpha in for a refurbished one. Was quoted $117. Was more than I thought I could spend at the time and season about out I opted to wait. Now that same swap is $200. That's a big jump and makes me wish I had sent it in last month

Old Post 03-06-2020 04:19 PM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote