UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Coon moving?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

Coon moving?

I went out at midnight. treed 7 and seen 3 sitting up, only hunted 2 woods, seen deer all over, one coyote in a person's front yard. Game was moving. 2nd time my 6 month old pup out of pen and he struck first track and hunted out good. Think I'm going to like him, hope everyone is getting their exercise and staying healthy, and safe.

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-01-2020 07:28 AM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I got out about 2:30, treed 3 seen, last track which was my favorite, I reset my Garmin when she struck, after little while she was only Ave 3.2 miles an hour, she took it .6 miles and got up to 5.4 miles an hr. ended in a den. I got a speed demon in the kennel, but much prefer the good open dog that will take the older tracks and put an end to em

Old Post 04-01-2020 09:52 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Seemed like they moved really early here. Made 5 trees 2 LONG cold track ended in den. Treed layup with coon bawled up in first fork about 15 ft. Had another feeder track with coon on outside. And 1 tree dog open once or twice on ground dropped hammer treed like he looking at it got there could been hole in high fork but on my score card it was slick as gut. Not order that things went but them was results. Hunted from 9:30 to 1 clock. Dog had just over 11 miles on him.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 04-01-2020 10:00 AM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

We got our first rain in several weeks yesterday evening. It rained for about 45 minutes. Had plans to go about 9pm but waited for the rain to quit and at 9:30 we cut loose. First drop was a lay up. No track barks, just fell treed about 900 yards from us. Second drop at about 600 yards he trailed around just a little and came treed. This dog hadn't been out in 7 months and I am thankful the coon made it easy for him last night.

Old Post 04-01-2020 12:43 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Hunted from midnite till 3am, moon was bright...took two males alternating dumps, each treed twice for plus.
Longest race was a mile+, crosseing 1 road then 2 open fields and through a wooded lot, parked 50 yds into an adjoining wooded lot.
Seen other coons moveing to and from my drops also.....
All in all it was a good nite "social distancing" !

Old Post 04-02-2020 02:19 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Hunted from 10 until 1 only struck 3 tracks all night. First dog treed lil over mile with double in cedar tree. Super easy coon find. If been hunt would got either to look. Then he cold track dog got up and goin and about time got highway truck stopped and guys got out. I headed around in truck and they took off. So just caught dog off and moved. Made another drop slammed coon about 200 yards from truck. I generally have good hunting but it's been tough last 2 nights.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 04-02-2020 05:24 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

Didn't have great hunt but did have fun hunting with cliff and Scott Oney. Got plenty of exercise and laughs. That's what it is about!!

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 04-03-2020 04:56 AM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Hunted for 2 hours tonight. My son(12 yrs) said he wanted to go so I took my old female whose 11 almost 12 now and my young female. Old dog put 2 coins up in 45 minutes and the young dog was out for exercise I guess.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 04-03-2020 07:08 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote