UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Loud strange noises and red lights ... it must be aliens
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Loud strange noises and red lights ... it must be aliens

Last night coons were moving well, and my night was going rather well. First drop, cut my pot licking biscuit eater into a large section. She struck at the 2 minute mark and proceed to move the track to the northeast. She started getting out of hearing so I jumped into my truck and drove ˝ mile down the road. I got and I could hear her treed back to the west a bit and pretty deep to the north. Well, I was right by one of the few paths in that area. So I opted to take the easy way. She had to coon. So I leashed her and started back to the truck.

As we were getting near the truck she opened hard. I cut her, and she was treed just before the 2 minute mark. She was in a large white pine, and I actually saw the coon. So my night is still going well. I load her up and head to one of my familiar spots.

This spot is on the north side of a swamp on the east side of the road. There is a finger of hardwoods that goes south into swamp. During deer season hunters often camp on the point of the finger. I cut my girl into the east. She immediately strikes and starts running a track that starts north, but then turns and heads southeast. She makes fairly quick work and slams a tree. I go walking into the tree with my red light on, and I notice a light out on the point.

At first I didn’t think anything of it. I leashed her up and quickly find the coon. Then I noticed a truck with its head lights and dome light on. Then several lights start popping up all around a tent. There was also a hand held light that was bouncing all around the camp and frequently pointed at me and the dog treeing. So I lead my dog back to the truck, and I noticed the different lights being turned off. I load up my dog, and yell towards the camp. I am sorry if I woke you up. Then I hear a guy yell back, “I was just trying to figure what the #311 was going on!”

I replied back, “just running a coon hound.” I will admit I had a smile on my face as I wondering what the camper really thought was going on.

Aim small miss small

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-2020 06:23 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

Lights

Enjoyed your post pertaining to your good hunt sounds like you have a nice hound,amazingly enough coons moved here last nite also enjoyed treeing a couple myself with my young gyp, thanks for posting...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-2020 07:55 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote