UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Old Prospectors Cabin
Pages (19): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by skeets
mr.west i have a fisher m-scope metal detector i got from my uncle when he passed away.so far ive found plenty of cans and nails but no gold.is this metal detector any good for finding gold?thank you
Mr. Skeets .I'm not familiar with that detector ,but here is a way to check your detector out . Take a gold ring tied to a heavy monofilament line. Dig you a nice hole about 8 inches deep ,put the ring in the hole ,backfill it keeping a nice tight line ,then fire up you detector. If it sounds of on the ring you got a winner . I f doesnt sound off pull the ring up an inch or so til it does sound off . But here is the thing with detectors ,In really hard packed ground the signal my be weak,loose dirt you will get a harder/loud signal . Hope this helps you with your machine but I will do a little research for you. Hey ,do you know where Coker Creek is in Tenn.? Nice gold in that area . Post your reply here if you would sir ,thanks .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-15-2013 02:58 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
mr.west i have a fisher m-scope metal detector i got from my uncle when he passed away.so far ive found plenty of cans and nails but no gold.is this metal detector any good for finding gold?thank you
Mr. Skeets we need some more number off your detector to see what it is, Is it a gold bug ? or a gold bug2 ,,see what markings is on it ,OK . Thanks .

Old Post 05-15-2013 03:51 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.metaldetector.com/garret...CFchM4AodDUwAfw

GA DAWG is this the one you bought ?

Old Post 05-15-2013 03:56 PM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

mr.west sorry about not giveing you the numbers,they are 1 2 3 5 h.i dont see anything on it that says goldbug that i can find.thank you

Old Post 05-16-2013 06:06 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
mr.west sorry about not giveing you the numbers,they are 1 2 3 5 h.i dont see anything on it that says goldbug that i can find.thank you
Skeets ,I found one fisher that the model number was 123sk found another that was 1236,forgot the letter ,,lol, anyway those 123 designated number were gold detectors, Can you take the cover off and see any labels with serial numbers or model in there ?,,well heck just check it out with a gold ring above ground and go from there .

Old Post 05-16-2013 08:00 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
http://www.metaldetector.com/garret...CFchM4AodDUwAfw

GA DAWG is this the one you bought ?

That's it. I played with it. Had some lil gold flakes in a bottle. Didn't pick em up. May not have it set right yet. I found the quarter I hid in the yard lol.

Old Post 05-17-2013 06:34 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

mr.west here are some more numbers ive found on the metal detector 1235x and 17824.i just got in from hunting and i dont think it would be a good ideal to try my medal detector on my wifes gold ring while shes asleep.lol.thank you and have a good day.

Old Post 05-17-2013 09:25 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
That's it. I played with it. Had some lil gold flakes in a bottle. Didn't pick em up. May not have it set right yet. I found the quarter I hid in the yard lol.
DAWG ,more than likely that glass is insulating your small amount of gold from sounding off,,,, check it out with a gold ring ,bet she screams at it ,lol

Old Post 05-17-2013 03:17 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
mr.west here are some more numbers ive found on the metal detector 1235x and 17824.i just got in from hunting and i dont think it would be a good ideal to try my medal detector on my wifes gold ring while shes asleep.lol.thank you and have a good day.
Not a good idea pointing that contraption at her in the dark ,She might think its a shotgun and then she pulls her little gun from under the pillow ,,,and that mess up your day ,,,lol ,lol.

Old Post 05-17-2013 03:21 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Been setting out on the deck at my tub doing a little panning,, getting a little not a whole lot,but gold is gold .

Old Post 05-19-2013 08:37 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Top for an interesting post

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 05-20-2013 04:00 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

[url]http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Gold_Inflation.asp Here is some interesting reading about inflation an the price of gold,It does have a graph or 2 in it and I now that you guys don't like them . lol

Old Post 05-21-2013 08:31 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.greatlandofalaska.com/pi...CreekValley.jpg

Panned gold out of the creek way down in the bottom of that valley .

Old Post 05-25-2013 03:07 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Boys , all I've got to say about all this rain is that it is moving a lot more gold down the creek and depositing it in a nice honey hole ,wish i could find one ,,,lol.

Old Post 06-01-2013 05:12 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Boys , all I've got to say about all this rain is that it is moving a lot more gold down the creek and depositing it in a nice honey hole ,wish i could find one ,,,lol.

I know where one may be at LOL

Old Post 06-02-2013 03:35 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

if the creeks ever go down enough iam going to try a place right below the house here.during the summer when the water goes down, right in the middle of the creek theres like a little island and iam thinking maybe some gold could have washed there on the little island.on the banks of the creek there is a lot of iron ore and ive heard thats a good place to start looking,now i just got to wait for the creeks to go down.lol

Old Post 06-03-2013 12:00 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Mr.skeets ,why don't you take a pic of your honey hole when the water goes down ,so we can see it and don't forget to use your magnet on the black sand . It is a good indicator of having some gold nearby it,,might need to dig down some to get it ,gold is about twice as heavy as the black magnetic sand .

Old Post 06-03-2013 07:07 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...intcmp=trending

I was setting out on my deck panning some gold out ,then it started raining ,ran me inside . I read this article ,I know gold has dropped some over the last 7 monthes or so ,but I've read reports of it rising up again like this one Heck one report I read says it going to be at the 6 to 8 thousand dollar range by 2018!! I don;t know what its going to be , all I know is that it don't eat anything,won't rust and you don't need to keep it lubed up ,,,lol,,so I will keep on panning ,its pretty much free ,just go out and dig it up ,keep it stashed away ,,,lol Gold Fever there is no cure for it ,other than going on to meet your Maker .

Old Post 06-05-2013 09:06 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...intcmp=trending

I was setting out on my deck panning some gold out ,then it started raining ,ran me inside . I read this article ,I know gold has dropped some over the last 7 monthes or so ,but I've read reports of it rising up again like this one Heck one report I read says it going to be at the 6 to 8 thousand dollar range by 2018!! I don;t know what its going to be , all I know is that it don't eat anything,won't rust and you don't need to keep it lubed up ,,,lol,,so I will keep on panning ,its pretty much free ,just go out and dig it up ,keep it stashed away ,,,lol Gold Fever there is no cure for it ,other than going on to meet your Maker .

Old Post 06-06-2013 01:53 PM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

mr.west i just got back from the creek and i thought i would try to learn how to pan for gold,but everything is flooded around here.i dont think ive ever saw it rain so much here as it has in the last few month,but my garden is comming on strong.lol

Old Post 06-06-2013 09:35 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.buckeyegold.com/images/4-14-07/01.jpg

There be gold here boys and some really nice brown trout too. Build you up a little campfire fry those trout and some taters ,,,Oh yeah ,put the dutch oven in the coals and cook up a pot of beans ,,dang I'm getting hungry .

Old Post 06-06-2013 11:33 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.prospectingchannel.com/indexPC.html

You can watch videos here and pick up some tricks of the trade . Heck add this link to your favorites and watch it whenever .

Old Post 06-07-2013 05:12 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Speaking of dutch ovens. I got one for christmas. I however don't know how to use it either lol.

Old Post 06-07-2013 07:40 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Speaking of dutch ovens. I got one for christmas. I however don't know how to use it either lol.
Dawg ,to me its the only thing to cook in,Ya just can't beat the old cast iron .

Old Post 06-08-2013 12:16 AM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

You use charcoal under it an on top it? I've saw people do that.

Old Post 06-08-2013 06:16 PM