UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Old Prospectors Cabin
Pages (19): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
smartin0022
UKC Forum Member

Chuck Eagle Creek is in Grant County, KY. Elkhorn is in Scott County, KY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-01-2013 05:22 PM
smartin0022 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smartin0022 Click here to Send smartin0022 a Private Message Click Here to Email smartin0022 Find more posts by smartin0022 Add smartin0022 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Shayne ,I've got listings for "possible" buried treasures/loot in Ballard ,Bell,Floyd,Grayson,Greenup,Hart,Henderson,Hickman
,Kenton ,Laurel,Letcher,Lewis,Lincoln,Logan,Madison and McCracken,,thats is take your pick of those and I will relate to you the info I have,,,Do you want the info in PM or on here ? I would prefer to put it on here instead of a PM.

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 04-01-2013 05:30 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smartin0022
UKC Forum Member

Ill take Kenton and laurel. You can post it on here

Old Post 04-01-2013 05:33 PM
smartin0022 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smartin0022 Click here to Send smartin0022 a Private Message Click Here to Email smartin0022 Find more posts by smartin0022 Add smartin0022 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

In Kenton County a big time Prohibition bootlegger supposedly buried $ 4 million in gold coins and paper money near Covington on the banks of the Ohio River.

In Laurel the McNitt party back in 1784 was attacked by Indians near the Little Laurel River ,, The site is said to be near the town of London in the Levi Jackson wilderness state park,,like I said this would all be detector work alot of arm swinging and leg work ,,Good Luck .!

Last edited by chuck west on 04-01-2013 at 05:52 PM

Old Post 04-01-2013 05:48 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smartin0022
UKC Forum Member

Sweet nectar! Thanks

Old Post 04-01-2013 05:51 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by smartin0022
Sweet nectar! Thanks
Shayne ,Like any other hobby / sport You will need to get more info and permission before you can dig on anyones land or a State Park .

Old Post 04-01-2013 05:54 PM
smartin0022
UKC Forum Member

Yeah thats important. I've been thinking about a metal detector since I saw that show. There are some old 1800 home sites I know of and and old stage coach rd near the ky river I have a hunch will have some valuables.

Old Post 04-01-2013 05:57 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Cool Man ,,, Best of luck .

Old Post 04-01-2013 05:58 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Dang, Any secret treasures in my parts?

Old Post 04-01-2013 11:36 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Dang, Any secret treasures in my parts?
Dawg ,Have you ever been to gold museum in Dahlonega ? Forsyth County ,,, 2 boys in 1932 found 2 of 8 known clay pots of gold nuggets/and gold dust buried by the Cherokees between Frogtown and Silver City. I'll check for more later.

Old Post 04-02-2013 12:08 AM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

No I've never been. Panned some up there yrs ago in one of those pay to pan places. Just so happens. I live dang near right between frogtown and coal mountain in matt!!!! I need to find me one of them clay pots.

Old Post 04-02-2013 12:51 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
No I've never been. Panned some up there yrs ago in one of those pay to pan places. Just so happens. I live dang near right between frogtown and coal mountain in matt!!!! I need to find me one of them clay pots.
Ga.Dawg did you get you a detector ? Do you know where White Bubbling Springs is at in Cherokee Co. ?

Old Post 04-03-2013 07:25 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://outdoorchannel.com/article.a...13&id=12585 LOL Nice little find , Only in my dreams ,lol.

Old Post 04-03-2013 07:43 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
Ga.Dawg did you get you a detector ? Do you knows where White Bubbling Springs is at in Cherokee Co. ?
Never heard of it. We must call it something different. I know where some indian made fish traps are in the river. I've not got a metal detector yet. Still wanting one though.

Old Post 04-04-2013 12:41 AM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

iam going to look for me some gold around here in the creeks as soon as it gets a little warmer.cant never tell i might just hit the mother load.

Old Post 04-04-2013 09:04 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by skeets
iam going to look for me some gold around here in the creeks as soon as it gets a little warmer.cant never tell i might just hit the mother load.
Skeets ,Yes sir there are several reports of gold in Tenn. Best of luck to you !

Old Post 04-04-2013 01:23 PM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

thank you mr.west,it sure want hurt trying.

Old Post 04-04-2013 02:22 PM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Skeets ,what counties were you planning on prospecting in ? I know there is a nice gold vein deposit in the Coker Creek area .

Old Post 04-04-2013 09:59 PM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

mr west i live in north hamilton co, were there used to be a old indian village, called falling water.thank you for your help.

Old Post 04-05-2013 02:16 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.buckeyegold.com/images/4-14-07/2.jpg

I'm in the camo shirt at one of our club meetings .

Old Post 04-05-2013 03:00 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.buckeyegold.com/images/4-14-07/01.jpg

Boys you wouldn't think about any gold being in that stream when you were out coonhunting ,,,but shes there .

Old Post 04-05-2013 03:03 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.buckeyegold.com/images/4-14-07/6.jpg

It's me again Margret ,,,lol.

Old Post 04-05-2013 03:05 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://goldpanner.tripod.com/

Here ya go Ga. Dawg !! lol I've not read up on it yet myself ,,lol.

Old Post 04-05-2013 05:29 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.gatewaygold.org/

This is for some of you Mo. boys ,,I've found some really nice stuff there ,I'll be back .

Old Post 04-06-2013 05:58 PM
marpal
UKC Forum Member

How about Oklahoma, other than the black variety .

Old Post 04-07-2013 02:22 AM
marpal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marpal Click here to Send marpal a Private Message Click Here to Email marpal Find more posts by marpal Add marpal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote