UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Just to Clarify

I didn't have a thing to do with her training other than to walk along with my bud sometimes when he took her out. He put most all the work in on her.

It's great she made a nice dog for you. I will be hunting her littermate down here for awhile. Also, her mother is still down at my buddys house and is still one tough coondog.

Keep up the good work with her.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-2009 03:28 PM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Good hunt

Dave took Yank and Leinie out again earlier this week and had a pretty good hunt. He left around 7:00 PM and was back home by 9:00 PM and had made 3 trees and I think he said he saw 5 coons with two in a couple of trees and one in another tree.

Yank and Leinie together.

Leinie

Couple of decent shots of Yank...

It has been above freezing during the day now for about a week. The snow is mostly gone on the southern exposures but a lot yet behind the house which faces north. The coons have been moving pretty good since the ground opened and Dave said that he could see rubs on the coons way up in the trees so they haven't been out of the den for too long. It was a good night and we hope to be able to keep at it now and maybe start getting some of these youngsters back in the woods...stay tuned...

Hey Chris, I'm glad to hear that Silk is still keeping you interested...that's great. Every time you spend time with her, it's an investment into what can turn out to be a real nice little hound. I know you said the kids liked her a lot and that helps, especially if they want to tag along now and then. Continued good luck with her Chris...

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Last edited by topdog on 02-13-2009 at 01:16 AM

Old Post 02-13-2009 01:12 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jesse Bedward
UKC Forum Member

chris

cant wait to see how smoke hunts for you down there this spring. he is getting to be a pretty seasoned dog, im excited for the opportunity u guys are going to give him. see u saturday!!

Old Post 02-13-2009 04:40 AM
Jesse Bedward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jesse Bedward Click here to Send Jesse Bedward a Private Message Click Here to Email Jesse Bedward Visit Jesse Bedward's homepage! Find more posts by Jesse Bedward Add Jesse Bedward to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Yank and Leinie

Tom the pictures sure look nice. In my 50 years of coon hunting they have always told me to try and line bred to a dog that came out of a littler where all the pups were pretty good and not just to a great hound with no other littler mates getting it done and the point I am making here is Dagger,Leinie, and Yank are full brother and sister and just pretty nice young hounds. I know Yank is a little younger but full brother. I think these three dogs should all reproduce well. Dave*** Nice pictures Dave.

Old Post 02-13-2009 01:24 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Leinie

Hey Scott...You put some good time on her and got great results considering that you didn't have a pup trainer to get her pointed in the right direction. You made her ready for the next phase in her career. She's a nice, personable dog and she loves to hit the woods. She has a GREAT mouth and has been accurate and honest to this point. If she gets after trash we'll straighten her out and if she makes mistakes we'll get her back on track and when she needs good, experienced company to help her work through a tough spot, we've got her in the woods with good company.

She's close to home and you know you're welcome any time to come and hunt just like before. Leinie has taken to me around the pen and she hunts good for Dave. I think he corrected her once since he's been putting her out and she hasn't given him another reason to do it again since that one time. We hope we can keep her moving forward and finish her to Dual Ch and maybe more if she can handle it but she's going to have the chance to get it done. Somewhere down the road we'll hope to match her right and then she can show what she can do to maybe help our breed or at least our program to get better. She's not a puppy factory, that's not what his is all about. She'll get plenty of opportunities to prove herself before we try to make good crosses with her.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 02-14-2009 12:51 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A.Kath
UKC Forum Member

Tom - got out a couple times this past week with 3 coon and 3 dens.

Hopefully this pic works...my first time posting one.

Baker off Rabble & Mya

Andy

Old Post 02-14-2009 04:15 PM
A.Kath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A.Kath Click here to Send A.Kath a Private Message Click Here to Email A.Kath Find more posts by A.Kath Add A.Kath to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Great picture

Hey Andy, Baker looks good and I'm glad to see that the weather has changed enough to allow some time in the woods. It was a tough winter in the north country this year...heck...I guess it was a tough winter all across the country come to think of it but up here, it was as cold a winter as we've seen in a few years so it was tough on people and dogs.

It sure feels good to be able to get out and get back in the woods. Baker will see his second birthday in a couple of weeks but he's already looking pretty good Andy...a real nice young hound and something to look forward to for a long time.

I'll hopefully see you at a hunt somewhere down the road.

Last edited by topdog on 02-19-2009 at 12:25 AM

Old Post 02-14-2009 06:06 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Sweet Cherry

I heard from Dave Woofter tonight and he said that he took Cherry out and had a great hunt. She took the first track almost out of hearing and then back and treed out behind a farm house. He got in to her and while at the tree, the farmer hollered up to him and wanted him to bring down that loud mouth dog so he could take a look at it. Dave said he went down and the farmer couldn't believe that all that racket was coming from such a little female like Cherry...

Cherry treed hard....

Dave made another track and tree and found Cherry treed in a creek with her back end in the water and up on a branch going from the creek up into a big tree on the bank...she had the meat again. He said it was raining and snowing so he didn't take the camera but sure wished he had it along when he found her treed the way she was.

Cherry is by way of the Mya and Rabble Rouser cross.

Old Post 02-15-2009 04:46 AM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Training has commenced...

Dave and I did some good training today with some real nice prospects. Forgive all the pictures but it was a good opportunity to actually show the matamorphasis of a young dog from being along up to showing the interest we're looking for...and then there is MOOSE

Red and Flirt...

These next pictures show the transition of Rufus from being there to getting with the program...Rufus has a yellow collar

And finally what we're looking for...this is a great start for first exposure

And then there is Moose...run alone...

Moose doesn't need this kind of work anymore and neither does Flirt or Red but...we like to get them fired up just a little bit before we start giving them their repetitions and that will be coming up soon.

I've said this before but I can't help but say it again...Moose has special traits and if he continues to progress like he has to this point...this is a big time hound...BIG TIME!

Old Post 02-15-2009 09:30 PM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Moose

Tom,

Moose is definately my favorite out of all your young dogs I've seen. He has the pedigree, the volume and looks.

With the Rabble x Mya cross there is Cherry, Baker and Sis. Weren't there two others?

Old Post 02-15-2009 11:21 PM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CX3
UKC Forum Member

Tom, he is a good looker. How loud is Red dog?

John 3:16
You'd better believe it!

Old Post 02-16-2009 12:17 AM
CX3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CX3 Click here to Send CX3 a Private Message Click Here to Email CX3 Find more posts by CX3 Add CX3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Looking great tom. must be nice to get them out and mess around like that. I showed my pups a dead coon this evening and they went bazerk....it was cool. I need to catch one and see what they'll do with that......i have a feeling they would be all over it......

nice pics.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 02-16-2009 12:49 AM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Mya litter...

Chris, there is another female here in Wisconsin that I think was used mostly on bear although she might have some experience on coons also. There is male that went to another guy here in Wisconsin and the last time I saw him, he was a very good looking hound, looking a lot like Shaker from the Rabble and Page cross. I haven't gotten an update from that guy for awhile so I'm not sure how that's turning out or if the dog is even used on coons. I will try and follow up on that one but he's not registered yet according to the Offspring report we had put together for Rabble.

I guess I've always had a pretty good feel for how pups stack up but...in the case of prospects like Moose, you can't help but get excited because at this stage, he pretty much fits the script that folks would write when putting together that wish list of attributes we'd all like to see in a hound.

And then there's Moose... Raw talent, natural ability, BIG mouth, dark color, dark eyes, very good conformation, desire, intelligence, trainability and a good disposition...I guess that it's enough to say that I would put a female under this pup at 11 months old with just the hope that I could reproduce his trainability, physical attributes and desire to get after a coon...that's a good place to start with any male

Red has a very good voice, in the tenor range, that will carry for a mile and that can be heard above the crowd. He is a good looking hound and has a pretty good disposition to go with it. He will sit back in the kennel but not when you snap a lead on him.

Old Post 02-16-2009 01:03 AM
CARL GUDGEON
UKC Forum Member

looks good

Tom looks like you where out having fun with the dogs they look good. Wish i could have joined in on the fun and have a redbone roundup lol Carl

NT CH GR F CH CH'PR' RED FEVER CHIEF -

'PR' GUDGEON'S TAKE A CHANCE - POINTS TOWARDS CH and WCH

Nt Ch GR CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S CLYDE "JUNIOR" AND POINTS TOWARD FT CH

'PR' GUDGEON'S LIVING THE DREAM (Dreamer) 2 1st place wins
PR GUDGEON'S MAGGIE
CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S WILD WILLY
PR GUDGEON'S Fog Horn
PR GUDGEON'S JACK
'PR'GUDGEON'S SING ALONG DANCE

Old Post 02-16-2009 01:08 AM
CARL GUDGEON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CARL GUDGEON Click here to Send CARL GUDGEON a Private Message Click Here to Email CARL GUDGEON Find more posts by CARL GUDGEON Add CARL GUDGEON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redbone Crazy
UKC Forum Member

great dogs!!

Keep the hounds on the trails...

Old Post 02-16-2009 02:14 AM
Redbone Crazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redbone Crazy Click here to Send Redbone Crazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Redbone Crazy Visit Redbone Crazy's homepage! Find more posts by Redbone Crazy Add Redbone Crazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Cherry

Tom thanks so much for posting the picture of Sweet Cherry. The young dogs look great you are working. The Moose dog is sure a looker for 11 months. He already has an adult dog's body. Dave

Old Post 02-16-2009 02:19 AM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kim Causey
UKC Forum Member

Nice pics

Hi Tom,

Long time, no talk. GREAT pictures! Congratulations.

We lost our Jessie female we got from you about two months ago. She really was a special dog. Thank you for all that you do and did for us. You're the best.

Kim Causey

Old Post 02-18-2009 03:57 AM
Kim Causey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kim Causey Click here to Send Kim Causey a Private Message Click Here to Email Kim Causey Find more posts by Kim Causey Add Kim Causey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Sorry

I'm sorry to hear about losing Jessie, it's been a long time since that cross was made. I know it's tough to lose a good one especially when they have worked their way into the whole family. I hope everything else is going OK for you folks.

It's cold winter again here in Wisconsin with a couple of inches of snow and the wind blowing 25 MPH. It's supposed to get down to or below zero tonight and tomorrow night so with this wind, we'll have 15-20 below zero wind chills. We're lucky to have gotten a few days of training and hunting in over the last couple of weeks because it's going to stand still again for a little while.

Old Post 02-19-2009 12:22 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Kim Causey

Sorry to hear about Jessie.

Tom, I was looking at some pictures and found one of Hernie. There will be more to come as we get her hard for the hunt's.

Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 02-19-2009 02:35 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redbone Crazy
UKC Forum Member

sorry to hear about Jessie!!

Cherry looks great!!

Old Post 02-19-2009 02:39 AM
Redbone Crazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redbone Crazy Click here to Send Redbone Crazy a Private Message Click Here to Email Redbone Crazy Visit Redbone Crazy's homepage! Find more posts by Redbone Crazy Add Redbone Crazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

Well Tom, I may not have a DIRECT "next generation" Rabble, but grandson's count right?? =)

I have a male I got 2 years ago off the Childers whose a direct grandson to Ol' Rabble (CH 'PR' Tree Rizin' Rocky Road). Over the course of the summer and fall, me and tom talked about every possible way to get this hound to tree coon, too no avail =( but just recently he has come into himself. He's becoming a great, first strike, everything u want in a redbone kinda dog. Look for him at all the redbone sectionals and hopefully redbone days this year!

Corey!

Rock winning champion male @ the Mercer County Coonhunters 02/08/09

Rock with a coon we got last nite of the season, shoulda got a tree pic but I was too worried about getting the coon down to him =/

Old Post 02-21-2009 04:26 PM
Blue Boy Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Boy Rebel Click here to Send Blue Boy Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Boy Rebel Find more posts by Blue Boy Rebel Add Blue Boy Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redbone Crazy
UKC Forum Member

all these red dogs look wonderful!!

Old Post 02-21-2009 07:10 PM
Roger Hall
UKC Forum Member

Tom

That's a very nice pack of pups you have up there to work with. I have to say I really like the looks of Moose. Looks like you and Dave have your work cut out for you when the weather brakes.

Best of Luck to you and Dave, you have a great program going on up there and I wish you the best. You guys are doing the breed proud.

Roger

Old Post 02-21-2009 08:25 PM
Roger Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Hall Click here to Send Roger Hall a Private Message Find more posts by Roger Hall Add Roger Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Rock

Hey Corey, Rock looks good and I'm glad he's keeping you interested. Give them a chance and sometimes they pay you back the way you like to see it happen.

Roger...I enjoyed our conversation the other night...enjoyed it a lot. I also believe that you're keeping up a real nice program with good young dogs to back it up. It's our mutual goal to FIRST and FOREMOST produce good young hounds that are easy to get along with as well as good ability in the woods...

You go about your business the right way, letting the dogs speak for themselves and I respect that a lot.

Continued success Roger and like I said, we're going to hook up in the not so distant future when I feel like we once again have something worthy to put on or bring to one of your good males or females.

I'll look forward to seeing some of those nice young CD dogs in the winner's circle in the not so distant future.

Old Post 02-21-2009 09:46 PM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

SOUTHERN NATIONAL REDBONE DAY'S

NITECH GRCH SOGGY BOTTOM T-TOP MIDNIGHT HAZE

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 02-23-2009 02:37 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote