UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Autumn Oaks 2022
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Peterbilt379
UKC Forum Member

Autumn Oaks 2022

This year is my first time going to autumn oaks. I’m looking for hotel recommendations and just recommendations in general. I’m from the mountains of Swva so I’m gonna try to get up there on Wednesday and hunt two of the slam hunts to try to get my dog familiar with that terrain. Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-24-2022 09:26 PM
Peterbilt379 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Peterbilt379 Click here to Send Peterbilt379 a Private Message Click Here to Email Peterbilt379 Find more posts by Peterbilt379 Add Peterbilt379 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trevor / UKC
Administrator

There is a list of hotel and camping recommendations on page 7 of this ad: https://www.ukcdogs.com/docs/huntin...ent-ad-2022.pdf

I haven't stayed at a bulk of them them to give you any specific details, but I do know that the ones in Richmond, in particular, will go quick.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have. Hope to see you there!

Old Post 07-25-2022 03:03 PM
Trevor / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trevor / UKC Click here to Send Trevor / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Trevor / UKC Find more posts by Trevor / UKC Add Trevor / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

There is also camping on the grounds. A sticky for golf cart rentals is on the top of this page. They are not cheap but many my husband included think it's the best money they will spend all week.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-25-2022 05:01 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H DOG
UKC Forum Member

Autumn oaks is a great event I would recommend staying the whole week starting Sunday pleasure hunt during the week and hunt in the hunt on Friday and Saturday and if you have a dual champion I would also hunt in the dual hunt and take plenty of money for ice cream 🍦

Last edited by H DOG on 07-26-2022 at 12:04 AM

Old Post 07-25-2022 11:58 PM
H DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H DOG Click here to Send H DOG a Private Message Find more posts by H DOG Add H DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterbilt379
UKC Forum Member

What about the camping set up there? Would there be spots available on Wednesday and price?

Old Post 07-29-2022 10:18 PM
Peterbilt379 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Peterbilt379 Click here to Send Peterbilt379 a Private Message Click Here to Email Peterbilt379 Find more posts by Peterbilt379 Add Peterbilt379 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Peterbilt379
What about the camping set up there? Would there be spots available on Wednesday and price?

Yes, there are lots of spots. The grounds are huge. All have electric some have water. Idk what it is this year but typically $35 a night for early week campers and free Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-29-2022 10:31 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BuckeyeBoys
UKC Forum Member

THE GOLDEN INN

THERE IS A OLDER MOTEL THAT IS VERY WELL KEPT RIGHT ON THE OHIO-INDIANA LINE CALLED THE GOLDEN INN. IT'S OWNED BY A LOCAL COUPLE THAT IS VERY NICE NAMED JEFF AND LEA GOLDEN. MOTEL SITS ON OVER 11 ACRE PROPERTY WITH PLENTY OF TREES AND SHADE TO TIE DOGS OUT. ROOMS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN NEAT AND CLEAN. VERY AFFORDABLE. IT'S RIGHT OFF INTERSTATE 70 AT EXIT 156B. LOCATED ABOUT 15-20 MINUTES FROM THE FAIRGROUNDS. SEVERAL RESTUARANTS CLOSE BY. CALL: 937-437-0722 OR LOOK IT UP AT TheGoldenInn.com

Old Post 08-03-2022 03:04 PM
BuckeyeBoys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BuckeyeBoys Click here to Send BuckeyeBoys a Private Message Find more posts by BuckeyeBoys Add BuckeyeBoys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HuntressKate
UKC Forum Member

Autumn Oaks

Last year was our very first Autumn Oaks. We brought a 5th wheel camper. There were TONS of spots available when we arrived Friday mid-morning. The shady spots were all taken so having something that will create shade is recommended. (Camper awning or pop up tent). There is electric and water hook ups. I also recommend bringing a splitter for the water hook up.
There were 3 food trucks there last year. BBQ/Amish/Ice Cream. Many vendors and many puppies. There's bleachers inside where they do the conformation and bench shows, it's fun to cheer on your favorite breed or guess who you think is going to win. They have live music performing throughout the week in another building.
We really enjoyed A.O. and look forward to being back for a second year.

Old Post 08-10-2022 10:57 PM
HuntressKate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HuntressKate Click here to Send HuntressKate a Private Message Click Here to Email HuntressKate Find more posts by HuntressKate Add HuntressKate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

Cast wins

If your dog gets a cast win but doesn't place does that count toward the dogs championship lvl?

Home of Gr. NITE Ch. Backwoods Lockdown Sam
423-253-5439

Old Post 08-14-2022 06:56 PM
tnredman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tnredman Click here to Send tnredman a Private Message Click Here to Email tnredman Find more posts by tnredman Add tnredman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Cast wins

quote:
Originally posted by tnredman
If your dog gets a cast win but doesn't place does that count toward the dogs championship lvl?

I don't know what the lvl is but any plus point cast wins at slams or Autumn Oaks nite hunts count as wins toward the dogs degrees.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 08-14-2022 11:50 PM
travis keeton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Cast wins

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
I don't know what the lvl is but any plus point cast wins at slams or Autumn Oaks nite hunts count as wins toward the dogs degrees.

i think he is meaning levels

PERFORMANCE SIRE
NT.CH. BUBBAS BUCKEYE BEAMER
740-601-2944

Old Post 08-15-2022 08:38 PM
travis keeton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travis keeton Click here to Send travis keeton a Private Message Click Here to Email travis keeton Find more posts by travis keeton Add travis keeton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Cast wins

quote:
Originally posted by travis keeton
i think he is meaning levels
Are we starting a war against vowels? Last week I saw mdl for model. Or should I have written vwls?

Old Post 08-15-2022 08:52 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote