UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Allen something eating at me.
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
awolf
UKC Forum Member

Tar.. I agree with you. The kc's need to get together on this. If you can't hunt at any kc it might cure the situation!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-13-2018 11:56 PM
awolf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for awolf Click here to Send awolf a Private Message Find more posts by awolf Add awolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
awolf
UKC Forum Member

Tar.. I agree with you. The kc's need to get together on this. If you can't hunt at any kc it might cure the situation!

Old Post 06-13-2018 11:56 PM
awolf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for awolf Click here to Send awolf a Private Message Find more posts by awolf Add awolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Chuck the bad thing is intimidation and bullying is part of the game for the advanced handlers now. Mix that with a hot head and unfortunately you don't know it's happened till it's over that's when that person needs to be taken out of the game across the board and be made an exzample of I know a lot of good folks that don't hunt in the hunts just because of this. Where I grew up in south Texas all time was hard time gatesville youth penitentiary, Huntsville the big house where you got a white suit and a hoe on the side of the road in the hot sun you thought about that before you messed up jmo.

Tar

Old Post 06-13-2018 11:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Chuck the bad thing is intimidation and bullying is part of the game for the advanced handlers now. Mix that with a hot head and unfortunately you don't know it's happened till it's over that's when that person needs to be taken out of the game across the board and be made an exzample of I know a lot of good folks that don't hunt in the hunts just because of this. Where I grew up in south Texas all time was hard time gatesville youth penitentiary, Huntsville the big house where you got a white suit and a hoe on the side of the road in the hot sun you thought about that before you messed up jmo.

Tar

All true there Tar, do you think we are making progress as coon hunters or are we regressing. My opinion is we have way better technology and equipment. But man our people skills and the way we treat others is in the toilet. Now I am very blunt and brutally candid most of the time but that has always been my nature. I do not go out of my way to offend others. But a good example is look at little leauge all the way through high school sports not just how the kids treat each other but the parents as well. Heck this may even need to be a seperate thread,

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 06-14-2018 12:51 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Chuck Allen

We may not be able to fix the World, but the KC`S can and should take strong action against CHEATERS and BULLIES assaulting someone. It's only a matter of time before something real bad happens at a hunt due to someone assaulting another person. Talk about liability to the KC`S then, if it is proven that this kind of behavior was condoned in the past! All of the KCS should immediately implement a POLICY that bars CHEATERS and BULLIES that physically assault another person for LIFE, ZERO TOLERANCE. Dave

Old Post 06-14-2018 02:16 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I said this on anouther forum but I will say it again :

You go to a big hunt you see that old man setting over there by himself can y'all see him ? He just is there just because he wants to be a part of it he probly fought for your freedom, he might have built that nice clubhouse your in he might have been a part of breeding that dog your hunting and he might not have a very good dog to hunt now because of health issues but he enters because loves it he don't care if he wins you getting the picture can you see him now ? And Sombody goes out there and disrespects that man in the woods !! When all you got to do is at the hunt go up and talk dogs with him or buy him a cup of coffee and he is happy. Yeah right now ole tar is mad and it's enough. I don't care who stops it as long as it stops.

Respectfully

Tar

Old Post 06-14-2018 02:19 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
This very topic was one that I was personally adamant about when I came to work at UKC in 2004. After a special meeting on this topic and listening to all the legalities of it, it became apparent that it would not be in the best interest of any kennel club to suspend people for something that isn't directly related to your own affiliated events.

Sure wish we could as it would likely be a huge positive for the sport overall.

Seems if it was written in the rules area or any area for that matter then the guilty participants wouldn’t have a leg to stand on!

Old Post 06-14-2018 02:48 AM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Well stated, it's time we all got mad and put a stop to ALL BULLYING. Chuck said it, we all need to police our own ranks, the registries can not do it alone. Legal action should be taken against anyone assaulting another person. In addition, the offense must be reported to the registry involved, that puts the registry on notice regarding the person involved. Failure to take action on their part, would indeed create liability for that person's future actions at one of their events. Dave

Old Post 06-14-2018 02:49 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l p w
UKC Forum Member

Barring

I was raised to respect all people and I do not agree at all with cheating anyone. I can not believe that people would get into a fist fight over a competition coon hunt. People will do anything to get a win and on the other hand will do anything to keep someone else from winning if they can’t win. I personally like seeing good dog work whether it’s mine or someone else’s. I have a boy 12 years old that is starting to get a taste of the hunts and he likes them and they shouldn’t have to put up with cheats. I hope the kc,s get a hold on this before someone gets seriously hurt. It’s hard to believe people could take a competition that serious. Tar I don’t know you at all but I enjoy reading your posts and have a lot of respect for you for being straight forward with people on this board. My grandpa always told me don’t mess with old men they will hurt you.

Old Post 06-14-2018 03:06 AM
l p w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l p w Click here to Send l p w a Private Message Click Here to Email l p w Find more posts by l p w Add l p w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Tar and Dave good posts and I am now up too speed on things , Coon hunting is and should be fun for everybody. Tolerating this kind of behavior is exactly the kind of silver bullet the anti's will use against us, worse than you tube/facebook etc. This is a PR nightmare in the making of BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS! I do not care what breed or kind of dog one hunts or ones KC of choice either. This HAS to stop! RIDICULOUS is putting it Mildly! I stay in contact with some of my buddies back east and if even 1/4 of what they hear is true much less what they have actually seen with their own eyes! Well we have a problem , that will have a very negative effect on the sport we all love. JMHO

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 06-14-2018 03:18 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

There was a 16 year old kid barred for 6 months for questioning a call at a Youth World Hunt last weekend. He lost the question and was barred for 6 months. So do you want to bar this same kid from all KCs for questioning a call?

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2019 Southern National Redbone Days Champion
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Old Post 06-14-2018 03:52 AM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

QUESTIONING A CALL THAT IS KINDA STEEP AIN'T IT?

Old Post 06-14-2018 04:00 AM
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Allen
QUESTIONING A CALL THAT IS KINDA STEEP AIN'T IT?

i thought so too. Funny thing is the kid was right and the panel was wrong. lol

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2019 Southern National Redbone Days Champion
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Old Post 06-14-2018 04:04 AM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
awolf
UKC Forum Member

Only in Ada Oklahoma

Old Post 06-14-2018 04:38 AM
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

Logic

Tar, by your logic, if I get a speeding ticket from the Louisiana State Police then I should receive one from each state. It's going to be hard to bar/suspend an individual for something they haven't done. The big payouts at the hunts today are causing a big part of the problem. When people can go hunt and win more at a big hunt than they make in a year they are going to do whatever it takes to win. But, when you have a dying sport things have to be done to draw interest.

Old Post 06-14-2018 04:43 AM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by ahallada
There was a 16 year old kid barred for 6 months for questioning a call at a Youth World Hunt last weekend. He lost the question and was barred for 6 months. So do you want to bar this same kid from all KCs for questioning a call?

No all kc's should not follow the position that if you are barred in one you should be barred in all. Each kennel club comes with it's own rules and regulations. I also find it ridiculous what happened to this youth to save face for a judges actions. Yes we all know that if you loose a panel decision on questioning whether a tree is circle or minus to cut out frivolous questions was put in with good intentions , no one counted on it being abused like it was during a youth world hunt.
Tar is talking about a good man that was blindsided by an actual physical assault during hunt time of a cast this week (same kc as youth)This did not happen off the grounds or while pleasure hunting afterwords but during cast both of which have had different rulings in other kc's with no consistency and in one case overstepped boundaries by the ruling. With the lack of consistency of suspensions across the board a broad policy of being barred in one making you barred in all I would never recommend. What I would recommend is a narrow policy that those guilty of the most extreme circumstances that instead of competing for customers the various kc's actually communicate with each other for the better of the sport.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-14-2018 05:07 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Anyone

Anyone ever hear of Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact??
Google IWVC to find out more
This is an agreement between most of the states where if ones hunting privileges are suspended in one state you won't be able to buy a hunting license in the other states, most states are into this now.

So maybe the powers at the KC's could use their methods and figure something out to combat the Bullying being done in our great sport of comp hunting coonhounds.

this IWVC is fairly new, but maybe we could convert their methods to our sport

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 06-14-2018 05:20 AM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
No all kc's should not follow the position that if you are barred in one you should be barred in all. Each kennel club comes with it's own rules and regulations. I also find it ridiculous what happened to this youth to save face for a judges actions. Yes we all know that if you loose a panel decision on questioning whether a tree is circle or minus to cut out frivolous questions was put in with good intentions , no one counted on it being abused like it was during a youth world hunt.
Tar is talking about a good man that was blindsided by an actual physical assault during hunt time of a cast this week (same kc as youth)This did not happen off the grounds or while pleasure hunting afterwords but during cast both of which have had different rulings in other kc's with no consistency and in one case overstepped boundaries by the ruling. With the lack of consistency of suspensions across the board a broad policy of being barred in one making you barred in all I would never recommend. What I would recommend is a narrow policy that those guilty of the most extreme circumstances that instead of competing for customers the various kc's actually communicate with each other for the better of the sport.

You said it where anybody could understand it you always make sense !!

Tar

Old Post 06-14-2018 01:15 PM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

like most of you i viewed the fight that was posted on face book that involved the 2 from the sambo incident . what i found shocking was the amount of people that stood by and watched it going on . this is the kind of society will live in now days. so i guess if you go to a hunt better be prepared to defend your self or take a beat down like the guy in oklahoma.

Old Post 06-14-2018 02:20 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Another question that i find puzzling about the $KC hunts where does the money come from , I have only been to 1 $KC hunt, and I am not against them not my thing is all , just curious about the business model is all , but it seems to me that certain KC'S have defied the odds and continued to grow and have even added another KC from 2008-2016 during the worst economic downturn since the 1970's at least then coon hides were worth something and a lot of people where able to stay afloat due to that.

Old Post 06-14-2018 02:51 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by thomasg
like most of you i viewed the fight that was posted on face book that involved the 2 from the sambo incident .

Are you kidding me.....

Old Post 06-14-2018 03:25 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I am sure glad that I don't hunt in that Kennel Club's hunts. I would hate to have to fight to win a hunt. It is bad enough when your dog has to fight to stay treed but having to fight another handler is ridiculous. It would be awful if we had to start carrying a firearm to protect ourselves while on a comp hunt. Thank goodness that kind of thing doesn't happen in UKC hunts.

Old Post 06-14-2018 03:42 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Ladies and Gentlemen and I use that term loosely and far too often! It sounds to me like Marcells monkey may have to start carrying 2 pistols one for the dogs and one for the handlers. WOW who'd of thunk it! LOL

Seriously though these type incidents are not good for our sport its reputation and those that truly love it. JMHO

Old Post 06-14-2018 04:19 PM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Are you kidding me.....
its a violent crazy world we live in today . trade towers .school shootings . las vegas . who would have thought 30 years ago such things could happen? look over seas at europe now . gangs mobs and criminals are taking over . i would hate to be shot at the coon club drinking my coffee cause some wacko went off his rocker .

Old Post 06-14-2018 05:21 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

90% OF COON HUNTERS AND PEOPLE IN GENERAL TRY THEIR BEST TO DO THE RIGHT THING. BUT EVERY ORGANIZATION HAS THEIR 10%. Out of any platoon of Marines I ever had there were always 2-3 that got extra special attention from their squad and team leaders and when they gave up on them , they got some extra, extra special attention from the command group. The point is sometimes on the spot counseling works and sometimes it doesn't. Bad news never gets better with time. JMHO

Old Post 06-14-2018 06:30 PM