UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tar here is something to think about. $100,000
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar here is something to think about. $100,000

Please don't shoot the messenger(ME). LOL.
I am just sharing something I saw on Facebook a few minutes ago.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:35 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If it sounds too good to be true.......

Let's see, 120 teams X $5000 = hmmmm, I can't count that high.

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:47 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I saw that wonder if it will fill ? They already had one $150 non sanctioned hunt down here it filled in 30 minutes. Got one here sat night about 25 miles from me sat night it's filled. We are thinking about having one in May it will fill too. Use the rules you want, hunt any dog you want they are gaining momentum here.

That ones out of my reach lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:49 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

SIGN ME UP !!! WHO NEEDS A TEAMMATE??!!??

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:51 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I would love to but Mrs tar wouldn't let me I am still trying to get her let me have a new light after she let me buy a new dog lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Where will they get 120 judges? With $100,000 on the line, how honest are they going to be? Doesn't Ohio have a bag limit.

Old Post 01-18-2018 02:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Where will they get 120 judges? With $100,000 on the line, how honest are they going to be? Doesn't Ohio have a bag limit.
No bag limit in ohio !!

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:06 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Will there any coon left in that area?

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:14 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

120 teams X 10-15 coons (3 or 4 per night) = ? I can't count that high either. Since they aren't buying hides, what will they do with all of those coons? And who in the world is going to skin them?
I wonder how many will start now and put their coons in a freezer to thaw out when the hunt gets here. How many coons can 4 people kill in 3 nights? And it doesn't say your dog has to tree them or only one coon per tree.

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:29 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

The line that caught my eye was " No cheating possible".

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:41 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cyoung
UKC Forum Member

Yea theres something fishey about this it says its bulletpruff and there cant be no cheating . theres more ways to cheat in this than a licensed night hunt

Piney Creek Kennel
Pkc ch Grnitch Pr Hardtime Sue
(2018 St Jude 2nd over all hunt winner
High scoring grand nite Friday night
2018 Tennessee state hunt 2nd over all opposite sex winner high scoring grand night Friday night)
2020 Winter Classic overall winner.2nd Friday night 5th Saturday night.

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:45 PM
Cyoung is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cyoung Click here to Send Cyoung a Private Message Click Here to Email Cyoung Find more posts by Cyoung Add Cyoung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Guns and beer included I might should stay home lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2018 03:46 PM
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

This is right close to my house. Already some teams forming. Entry is $1666.66 for each guy. Couple teams have been sponsored by places they work.

Old Post 01-18-2018 05:53 PM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

What a waste.

Old Post 01-18-2018 06:31 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

I saw a comment the other day on fb about the only hunts left worth going to are these invitational hunts, and i see tar is saying there clubs are having non sanctioned hunts, is that the wave of the future? I would say the above add is a take off from some of these predetor competitions they are having now.

Old Post 01-18-2018 09:26 PM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dean jamerson
I saw a comment the other day on fb about the only hunts left worth going to are these invitational hunts, and i see tar is saying there clubs are having non sanctioned hunts, is that the wave of the future? I would say the above add is a take off from some of these predetor competitions they are having now.
Sure does look that way doesnt it..Lots of those popping up with varied entry fees and you dont have to invite someone that has beaten you a bunch

Old Post 01-18-2018 10:13 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dean in my little world I don't care what hunts they have my time is up ! But my explanation is they started out as by invitation only so they could control who entered did not want any trouble makers just a buisness mans hunt. Then with any buisness if you leave an opening where sombody can steal your ideas and not have to pay you your fees but still use your rules scorecards ect they will. Back in the day we always had our licensed hunts then we had our club vs buddy hunts for good prizes it just put more money in the club account. The way I see it the kcs have left theirselves wide open for this by being a little slow to evolve I don't know how everything will turn out but my time to worry is done what time I got left I am going to enjoy the torch is passed.

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2018 10:15 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Your time hasn't passed, you are still helping others in these hunts. You may have passed the torch, but you are very much wanted and needed by these younger hunters. Keep on doing good things, the reward is priceless. You know how much they depend on your help, every club needs a Tar! Dave

Old Post 01-18-2018 10:36 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Tar lets you and I team up on thissn.

On second thought, they prolly wouldn't allow us cheaters within a hundred miles of there.

Old Post 01-18-2018 10:54 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Elvis we got a year to get enough coon s to win but that would be cheating but me and you drunk , with a shotgun on a pheasant hunt sombody might pay our entry to see that lol.

You order your stuff yet It works

Tar

Old Post 01-18-2018 10:59 PM
Logan Coffman
New UKC Forum Member

Just a quick run through to cover some of the basics that I got from attending the meeting, only one dog will be down at any given time, you may alternate any of the 3 dogs on your own time, coon must be treed, if you tree with multiple coon, only one coon can be killed. And if you retree on the same tree within the 6 hours you may not kill another coon off that tree. Tree will be marked with tape. Judge/guide will be a random draw each night , and you will not draw same judge/guide in the 3 nights! Judge will ear tag each coon shot at the tree, document time , and weight from portable scale. I can try to help with any basic questions but you will be better off contacting mr. McConnell . Hope this gives you somewhat of an idea

Old Post 01-19-2018 12:07 AM
Logan Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Logan Coffman Click here to Send Logan Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Logan Coffman Find more posts by Logan Coffman Add Logan Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the details.

Old Post 01-19-2018 12:22 AM
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Well if I can't cheat Then I ain't got a chance. I'll just stay at home.

Old Post 01-19-2018 12:39 AM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

OK to verify some things about this hunt.

1) you may have a 3 man team with up to 4 dogs, but you can only hunt 1 dog at a time.

2) there has to be the judge at your tree before you can kill the coon.

3) you can only kill 1 coon per tree.

4) no one but the judge can handle the coons

5) if you're from out of state your chances of hunting public ground are very very high. Even if you bring your own guide it won't matter because your name gets drawn lottery style.

I've talked a great deal about this hunt today with the guys hosting it. I don't think they'll get very many entries personally. Not many can come up with 5k. And since your name gets drawn lottery style there's no telling where you'd be hunting. I can see a couple ways there's going to be cheating no matter the rules.

Old Post 01-19-2018 12:54 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimbob_walker
UKC Forum Member

Jeremy kid, Cadiz is a little over 1:30 from my house

Old Post 01-19-2018 01:18 AM
jimbob_walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimbob_walker Click here to Send jimbob_walker a Private Message Click Here to Email jimbob_walker Find more posts by jimbob_walker Add jimbob_walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote