UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > E-collar Recommendations
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Andy Music
UKC Forum Member

E-collar Recommendations

I have a Beagle pup I am looking to get a collar for and will probably get another beagle or two down the road. Looking for advice from experience folks on makes and models of e-collars. What's the best whats the most affordable and what should I expect to pay for a quality e-collar? Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-12-2017 05:25 PM
Andy Music is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Music Click here to Send Andy Music a Private Message Find more posts by Andy Music Add Andy Music to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DirtyCoal
UKC Forum Member

Alpha

Garmin alpha with TT15 mini collars. Hands down the best system out there.

800.00 for a handheld and collar and 300.00 for each additional collar. You can track and train your dogs.

Old Post 12-14-2017 02:09 PM
DirtyCoal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DirtyCoal Click here to Send DirtyCoal a Private Message Find more posts by DirtyCoal Add DirtyCoal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmfrancis4
New UKC Forum Member

It all depends on how much you want to spend and what functions you like. If you want to track and train, the alpha with minis is the way to go, but it can get pricy. If you want just shock collars, both Garmin and Sportdog make excellent collars with various ranges. I run Garmin Pro 70. Plenty for what I need. Good Luck!

Old Post 12-14-2017 04:17 PM
jmfrancis4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jmfrancis4 Click here to Send jmfrancis4 a Private Message Click Here to Email jmfrancis4 Find more posts by jmfrancis4 Add jmfrancis4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmfrancis4
New UKC Forum Member

https://www.rabbitdogs.net/threads/...hbreaker.40746/

Old Post 12-14-2017 09:31 PM
jmfrancis4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jmfrancis4 Click here to Send jmfrancis4 a Private Message Click Here to Email jmfrancis4 Find more posts by jmfrancis4 Add jmfrancis4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

If you don't need or want the tracking I'd go with Garmin Pro 70, 1 mile range, expandable to 6 dogs, 6 levels of stimulant, built in lights and barklimiter, has a $50 rebate on new units till 12/24.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 12-15-2017 11:20 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote