UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > coondog x coondog what do y'all think?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
johnrowe87
UKC Forum Member

coondog x coondog what do y'all think?

https://plus.google.com/photos/1109...063664121999345

Both dogs are track dogs that have the coon at the end.
Male does have wins I am not a comp. hunter or he would
grnite. Tell me what y'all think about cross. Thanks for looking
and /or input!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-02-2015 01:42 AM
johnrowe87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnrowe87 Click here to Send johnrowe87 a Private Message Click Here to Email johnrowe87 Find more posts by johnrowe87 Add johnrowe87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robert whitten
UKC Forum Member

what ever link that is don't work .

Old Post 05-03-2015 08:30 PM
robert whitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert whitten Click here to Send robert whitten a Private Message Click Here to Email robert whitten Find more posts by robert whitten Add robert whitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kylej15
UKC Forum Member

Honest truth is if both parents aren't grntch or have $100000 won no one wants them. Not too long ago a fella put some really good bred pups on here neither parent where titled and he couldn't give them away im in the same boat now I dont comp hunt anymore and i have a good bred female I can't give away shes six months old. Just my opinion from my experience. Best of luck to you.

Old Post 05-03-2015 08:43 PM
kylej15 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kylej15 Click here to Send kylej15 a Private Message Click Here to Email kylej15 Find more posts by kylej15 Add kylej15 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robert whitten
UKC Forum Member

man I know that's right lol when I went looking for another pair of walkers after being absent I looked at all the dogs for sale and all the papers nearly look alike for the last 15 years . so I went and found me some pleasure hunters and got me some good ol plain jane pr bred dogs . couldn't have made a better decision . but even at that they are still well bred finley river x rat dogs .

Old Post 05-04-2015 12:49 AM
robert whitten is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robert whitten Click here to Send robert whitten a Private Message Click Here to Email robert whitten Find more posts by robert whitten Add robert whitten to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I haven't had any problems selling my pups. My stud dog isn't titled.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 05-04-2015 04:21 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scary Creek
UKC Forum Member

This board Iam sorry to say is full of bs hunters . Best cross that can be made is coondog to coondog no matter the titles . It's is true about having to give them away but most ( not all by no means are wanna b's on here ) there's some really good breeders on here with titled and non titled dogs like hobo said he don't have problems . Stick with good dogs and they will show in the long run . Good quality foundation stock never hurts but I'll take coondog to coondog every time over idiot to idiot and get 1 good pup outta 8 that makes it . Coondog to coondog pups just seem they got it from the get go in my opinion for what it's worth ( not much ! Lol )

Nite Champion R & B's Hogback Boyd HTX
Nite Champion Bell Mountain Buster
Nite Champion Show Ch Bell Mountain Megan
( 2012 WV Governor's Cup Hunt Champion )

- Use and Recommend Anthony’s Dog Supply -

Old Post 05-04-2015 11:52 AM
Scary Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scary Creek Click here to Send Scary Creek a Private Message Click Here to Email Scary Creek Find more posts by Scary Creek Add Scary Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kylej15
UKC Forum Member

I highly agree with you scary creek. I dont coon hunt my dogs very often im a cat hunter and only hunt my dogs on coon in the summer for a couple months I bo no means wanted to make money when I crossed my two dogs I simply wanted a puppy for the future of my kennel. I wish more people thought the way you do.

Old Post 05-05-2015 01:10 AM
kylej15 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kylej15 Click here to Send kylej15 a Private Message Click Here to Email kylej15 Find more posts by kylej15 Add kylej15 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Coondog to coondog ? Who knows just might be crazy enough to work .coondog from a litter of coondogs to coondog from a litter of coondogs guaranteed to work

Old Post 05-05-2015 06:26 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
Coondog to coondog ? Who knows just might be crazy enough to work .coondog from a litter of coondogs to coondog from a litter of coondogs guaranteed to work

This is what I believe in...another way of saying it might be that you get the average of the litter that the sire was from and the average of the litter that the dam was from...so, as above if both parents litters were very high average good dogs you got the best possible situation to make good ones. No guarantees of course, but it will beat title to title every time.

Old Post 05-06-2015 02:53 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pa.nitehunter
UKC Forum Member

If you like them and think they are coon dogs then their ya go do it their is nothing wrong with pr dogs in fact my male is only pr and guys are want to breed to him because hes all coondog and no dogs are doubled on his papers thats what I like to call clean papers none of the breeding back to the same that's what guys are wanting to breed to him for to start to eliminate that if we can I think thats the biggest problem with these hands right now there's just way too much line breeding so if you got two dogs that you like you enjoy I'm pretty sure you'll be able to sell this pups good luck to you

Old Post 05-06-2015 12:43 PM
pa.nitehunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pa.nitehunter Click here to Send pa.nitehunter a Private Message Find more posts by pa.nitehunter Add pa.nitehunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote