UKC Forum Member
Registered: Jun 2014
Re: Frozen Semen Breeding
Originally posted by GCH Viper
Anyone out there have any input or experience semen breeding an older female?
I'm looking at breeding a healthy 10 year old female. Her last litter was born early 2018.
Any success stories? If 10 years old is too risky what would the general consensus be on an average cut off age?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
10 too old IMO but you could roll the dice
Home of >
* CH GR NT CH Lonesome Dove LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie bred]
* NT CH CH Small Town Bingo STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
* 'PR' Small Town Lone Survivor "LONER" DNA-VIP
English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male 1st place on Sat night
[ GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy X CHGRNTCH Lonesome Dove Lori ]
* 'PR' Small Town Don Juan DNA-VIP [ GRNTCH Selby's Smooth Talking Jed X CHNTCH Small Town Bingo Star ] Prospective "Ladies Man"
- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.
+ I am the Wretch the song refers to
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged