UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Female Coon Hunters
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
roosterrun
UKC Forum Member

aint no southern girls coonhunting????

I am "roosters"wife and I have been at it about 25 years.When I first started folks thought I was crazy but I never quit.I got my Dad started and he loved it.I was hunting when I met my husband.Looking at the photos I see some ladies that need a light.How do you hunt without a light?Anyway I/we are from Arkansas and consider myself "southern"I love hunting,ya'll bring your lights and boots and let's go,I ain't skeered of the dark and neither are my dogs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-20-2008 12:38 AM
roosterrun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roosterrun Click here to Send roosterrun a Private Message Click Here to Email roosterrun Find more posts by roosterrun Add roosterrun to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redwood Hounds
UKC Forum Member

I'm 21 and been hunting since I was about 10. I run Walker dogs out here in Northern California on Bear and Coon. I also Show and Competition hunt, though registered events aren't real plentiful out here.

I was raised in a hunting family, there are about a handful of people, if that many in my family that don't hunt, 80% run dogs, and 3/4 of them are women as well. Even my little sister hunts.

This was after the second very hot and brushy walk to a bear tree this day, that ripped my pants! My dogs at the time Aspen (1 year) and Crash (2.5 years, now deceased)

My Sister (she has a light!)

REDWOOD'S TREEING WALKER COONHOUNDS
& LOUISIANA CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOGS
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/

NITECH CGRCH FCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's All Night Aspen
(2014 #1 UKC Top Ten All-Breed Conformation Treeing Walker)
NITECH CCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's Wild Gamble

Last edited by Redwood Hounds on 10-20-2008 at 01:07 AM

Old Post 10-20-2008 01:03 AM
Redwood Hounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redwood Hounds Click here to Send Redwood Hounds a Private Message Click Here to Email Redwood Hounds Visit Redwood Hounds's homepage! Find more posts by Redwood Hounds Add Redwood Hounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marvgru
UKC Forum Member

girls im tellin yea now dont mess with coonhunters youll be in for a long tough life! just kiddin! my 7yr old hunts with me and you cant lose her! some of the most honest crooks i know are coon hunters!

Old Post 10-20-2008 01:18 AM
marvgru is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marvgru Click here to Send marvgru a Private Message Click Here to Email marvgru Find more posts by marvgru Add marvgru to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I'm 17, started hunting when I was about 4 but never did any amount till 6 yrs ago.
I love to hunt, I'd go just about every nite if I could. I hunt in PKC/UKC nite hunts and show in UKC bench shows.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Last edited by Autumn Clements on 10-21-2008 at 03:49 AM

Old Post 10-20-2008 01:23 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

i hutn, im 16, well i hunt as much as i can, between work and school, yeah it isnt much

but heres some pics
my dogs

buddy's B&T

Old Post 10-20-2008 02:51 AM
RED REBELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RED REBELS Click here to Send RED REBELS a Private Message Find more posts by RED REBELS Add RED REBELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

redwood hounds...nice....good looking walkers and ur sister impressive.....

Autumn ive heard alot about you, i go every night....miss prolly 3 nights a month...

Red Rebels- look slike u got a tree climber good looking dog though....

great pics and info keep it coming

good hunting to yall

Old Post 10-20-2008 02:57 AM
Country AintBad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Country AintBad Click here to Send Country AintBad a Private Message Find more posts by Country AintBad Add Country AintBad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluetick Lady
UKC Forum Member

Hello Names Jenny,
also knows as Bluetick Lady I'm located in Ohio and have Blueticks and walkers and my other halfs cousin has 2 Redbones at our place .
I'm 37 and have been coonhunting for almost 5 years now I also show just GRCH my male walker on bench and put 1 win towards GRCh on one of my blue females this past weekend .
if you would like to see some pics of my hounds just let me know love sharing em with people

Cambridge , Ohio
(740)-255-7547 Jen's cell
(740)-255-7616 John's cell

http://www.freewebs.com/turtleridge/

Old Post 10-20-2008 01:42 PM
Bluetick Lady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluetick Lady Click here to Send Bluetick Lady a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluetick Lady Visit Bluetick Lady's homepage! Find more posts by Bluetick Lady Add Bluetick Lady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Louise Clark
UKC Forum Member

Re: aint no southern girls coonhunting????

quote:
Originally posted by roosterrun
[BAnyway I/we are from Arkansas and consider myself "southern"I love hunting,ya'll bring your lights and boots and let's go,I ain't skeered of the dark and neither are my dogs. [/B]

Where in Arkansas are you?

I live just outside of Sheridan.

Have dog will travel! HA HA! Have a small tribe of kids and Walkers and a non-hunting Husband.
My Reb dog

Old Post 10-20-2008 03:10 PM
Louise Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Louise Clark Click here to Send Louise Clark a Private Message Find more posts by Louise Clark Add Louise Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trappin_girl
UKC Forum Member

im 15 years old and have been coonhunting since i was 5 years old. i useed to run a lot of bluedogs in my younger days until i turned 9...then i really started on the walkers, but i have had a walker when i was little and that is Traveller and she is still mine and still runnin

home phone:304-462-7054
Cell phone:304-613-9740
dixie_coonhunter_911@yahoo.com

PR Tristan's JR (Tristans Dog)

PR Grampa's Miss Ruby (Ruby's Dog)

Old Post 10-20-2008 04:23 PM
trappin_girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trappin_girl Click here to Send trappin_girl a Private Message Click Here to Email trappin_girl Find more posts by trappin_girl Add trappin_girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
osker00
New UKC Forum Member

I've been coonhunting since I was 15 (I'm 26 now). My dad didn't have a hunting buddy one night and decided to drag me along. That night, the dogs got a couple coon in the tree and my dad only had the pistol. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, so he decided to leave me alone in the woods to go back home (about 10 miles) to get the rifle. It was scarry that night, but I loved it! I've been going ever since. My dad no longer has any hounds, but I have 2 redbones that I take out every night. My goal this year is one coon a night and with the season only opening on Saturday, we're doing pretty good. We have 4 coon so far! I usually try to find someone to go with, just for a piece of mind. It's a little creepy being in the woods alone at night. It's a good thing I have my dad, 2 brother, and nephew that'll go with me.

My dad always jokes that he would have left me in the woods that first night if he had know I would turn out to love coon hunting this much!

Old Post 10-20-2008 06:43 PM
osker00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for osker00 Click here to Send osker00 a Private Message Click Here to Email osker00 Find more posts by osker00 Add osker00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
me hillsman
UKC Forum Member

Here is a picture of my daughter Cali, two years old at the time, with her first coon. It was a cold night and her mom shot the coon out and we decided to call it a night. Cali loved the hunt and is ready to go again this season, and our son Clay thinks he is big enough to go this year too. She told my bluetick good job about a 100 times on the walk back. It's nice to show her your posting to show her their are other lady hunters out there.
thanks

Old Post 10-20-2008 08:06 PM
me hillsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for me hillsman Click here to Send me hillsman a Private Message Click Here to Email me hillsman Find more posts by me hillsman Add me hillsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
angie/bama
UKC Forum Member

that picture of them kids and those pups is priceless... that is awesome.. so innocent and cute.. so sweet.

Old Post 10-20-2008 08:12 PM
angie/bama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for angie/bama Click here to Send angie/bama a Private Message Click Here to Email angie/bama Visit angie/bama's homepage! Find more posts by angie/bama Add angie/bama to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jamie Thurman
UKC Forum Member

MY NANE IS JAMIE I HAVE BEEN COONHUNTING FOR ABOUT 9 YEARS I LIVE IN BUCHANAN GA

NITECH NOCTURNAL NAILOR JR
GRNITECH JUDGE DREDD 7/2/04 to 8/4/14
GRNITECH WALACES LITTLE ELLI (2014 SATURDAY NIGHT GEORGIA STATE GRNITECH WINNER AND 2ND IN THE FINAL 4)

GRCH GRNITECH GRFCH WOODS DANDY SAS( GRNITECH ABBOTTS ELK RIVER RATTLER X WOODS DANDY BRANDY )

GRNITECH NOCTURNAIL KIT ( GRNITECH NOCTURNAIL TORUCH X GRNITECH GOLD RIVER MEG )

NITECH CH SWAMP AND RIVER QUEEN (CAST WINNER AT BABY STAKES & 3 WINS TWDS GRNITECH) (GRNITECH DOUBLE XL X NITECH CH A LITTLE BIT NASTY )

BEANS 2 FAMOUS FOR U (GRNTCH HARDWOOD BEAN X GRNTCH SKIPPERS ALMOST FAMOUS)
GIRLS HUNT TO
Jamie Thurman
770-262-5241

Old Post 10-20-2008 08:19 PM
Jamie Thurman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jamie Thurman Click here to Send Jamie Thurman a Private Message Click Here to Email Jamie Thurman Find more posts by Jamie Thurman Add Jamie Thurman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melanie H.
UKC Forum Member

I coonhunt and cat hunt... My best friend and I hunt without the boys almost always... .... I myself have three walkers, two I am currently hunting with and one is out on loan for cat season..

I have just a couple hunting pictures of me and the dogs... I generally am behind the camera...

2005 Damage Control lion that was snacking on pets.. My dog is on the left... I co-own the little female in the middle..

Me with Brisco and Jack (my two) on another Damage Control Lion..

And my Jane female with a CH of CH win.... She isn't just pretty on the plywood... She is a very valuble dog for my pack on the hardwood...

You've only got 3 choices in life, give in, give up, or give it all you got.

Last edited by Melanie H. on 09-29-2009 at 10:54 PM

Old Post 10-20-2008 08:41 PM
Melanie H. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melanie H. Click here to Send Melanie H. a Private Message Click Here to Email Melanie H. Visit Melanie H.'s homepage! Find more posts by Melanie H. Add Melanie H. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jill
UKC Forum Member

My name is Jill Ryan. I'm 16, (going to be 17, the end of October). I started hunting when I was about 6 years old, but only went out a few times I Started hunting alot about 8 years ago. I love to go hunting, and would just about every night if possible. I hunt in PKC and UKC hunts. I also love to go hunting bobcats in the winter, but we don't do that much because of the 3 hour drive. I also go hunting deer and geese with my dad and brother. I own a 5 yr old grand nite.. and own half of dad's grand female.. Also now own a 5 month old male pup out of my grand. Here's a couple pics

Me with Nelly and Peggy

one of the cats we got 2 years ago.

Peggy and Me

Nelly and me

Home Of
PKC CH GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Mini-Me (3x Maritime CH & CN State CH)
GR NT CH 'PR' Ryan's Hi-Tech Kate(2x Maritime CH)
PKC SCH GR NT CH 'PR' Harry's Stylish Swagger

Old Post 10-20-2008 09:04 PM
Jill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jill Click here to Send Jill a Private Message Click Here to Email Jill Visit Jill's homepage! Find more posts by Jill Add Jill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by angie/bama
that picture of them kids and those pups is priceless... that is awesome.. so innocent and cute.. so sweet.

yepp the pic is awesome and priceless and love the pups....

Old Post 10-20-2008 10:02 PM
Country AintBad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Country AintBad Click here to Send Country AintBad a Private Message Find more posts by Country AintBad Add Country AintBad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roosterrun
UKC Forum Member

Louise Clark

I am from Altus,I belive my husband judged a cast you were on in Dover

Old Post 10-21-2008 12:20 AM
roosterrun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roosterrun Click here to Send roosterrun a Private Message Click Here to Email roosterrun Find more posts by roosterrun Add roosterrun to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
countrygirlcoon
UKC Forum Member

Hey, names Lauren Thomas

I live in Wilkesboro, NC.... 23yrs old, and have been hunting for 8yrs steady now. There is nothing more I would rather do then be in the woods day or night!

I don't really have any pics of me and my hounds, since I am the one taking the pics. But if you look in the June 08'issue of the bloodlines mag. Sam Buff did an article on me and my friend...there is some pics of us and our hounds. "A Girls Night Out"

Home of:

"PR" ADAM'S OUTLAWIN' BLAZE
CH "PR" SKIPPIN' LIPPIN' LADY
"PR" SMOKEY BLUE MISTY

Old Post 10-21-2008 01:06 AM
countrygirlcoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for countrygirlcoon Click here to Send countrygirlcoon a Private Message Click Here to Email countrygirlcoon Find more posts by countrygirlcoon Add countrygirlcoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmccooljackson
UKC Forum Member

26 From INDIANA

I love to hunt period it doesn't matter what for I have went since I was little with my dad and now we got my husband into it

Summer pic of me

Here are the dogs

Hopefully all of these girls will hope you convince some girls to get out there and hunt too!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

I would love to help you but ya can't fix stupid!!!

Home of
CH'PR'JACKSON'S SOUTHERN DIXIE PRIDE
'PR JACKSON'S RENAGADE
'PR MCCOOL-JACKSON'S BIG TIME TRIGGER (PUP)

Michelle McCool-Jackson
Brandon Jackson

Old Post 10-21-2008 02:32 AM
mmccooljackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmccooljackson Click here to Send mmccooljackson a Private Message Click Here to Email mmccooljackson Find more posts by mmccooljackson Add mmccooljackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ellie Mae
UKC Forum Member

Jill

That picture of you and Nelly looks like a Christmas card, beautiful!

I don't get to hunt very often but I love it. My favorite part is first strike...when the silence is broken...by that deep baaawl. It's music to my ears. I have my own pup and hope to get in the woods more with her. I just need a guide, I could get lost in a box. My daughter competition hunts and sometimes I go as a spectator.

Debbie Killough
501-412-2760

Old Post 10-21-2008 02:51 AM
Ellie Mae is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ellie Mae Click here to Send Ellie Mae a Private Message Click Here to Email Ellie Mae Find more posts by Ellie Mae Add Ellie Mae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EEEKennels
UKC Forum Member

my wife and daughter

my wife posted on here earlier and the part she left out is what dog monster she has turned in to she has learned alot about the hounds in the short 8 years we have been married she likes to go but does not get a chance to very often with all we have on our plate these days and my daughter was my main hunting partner when i went thru my devorice from her mom she would be on the steps and have her homework done when i picked her up from school so we could go she hunted as hard as any man i have ever hunted with until she got started playing basketball in jr high that took up alot of her time she still goes some on the weekends when me and my main hunting partner go he has a daughter the same age and they have grown up together so enjoy going together with us

Old Post 10-21-2008 04:00 AM
EEEKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EEEKennels Click here to Send EEEKennels a Private Message Click Here to Email EEEKennels Find more posts by EEEKennels Add EEEKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
agraham
UKC Forum Member

girl coon hunters

hey im from roanoke va. i have been coon hunting for 3 years now. my uncle took me out one time and then i was hooked. i now own 4 english, 1 plott, andjust got my first walker pup.
i cant think of any thing else i would rather do. oon hunting is the best thing.

nitech grch"pr" hollywoods ole dirty blue htx
grch"pr" hollywoods layem up tree magic (deceased)
2010 va state bfos,2010 nc state bfos
ch 'pr' heartbreaks southern sweet tea
'pr' hbks misty blue twist of fate
'pr'heartbreaks little st. nick
'pr' heartbreaks city streets of gold
'pr' state trooper
'pr' heartbreaks cool brees
2011 va state bfob
'pr' cane spring dawn of a new era

www.christiancoonhunters.com
www.freewebs.com/audreygrh
southernenglishassoc.webs.com
bigvalleycoonhunters.webs.com

Old Post 10-21-2008 04:34 AM
agraham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for agraham Click here to Send agraham a Private Message Click Here to Email agraham Visit agraham's homepage! Find more posts by agraham Add agraham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Louise Clark
UKC Forum Member

Roosterrun's wife,

Weren't you hunting a dog that night too? If it was him he was hunting someone else's Walker that night, right? That dog had a weird voice, threw me for a big loop squeaky one minute, then a big coarse mouth like mine the next. I don't hunt very much with other folks or dogs and I had never heard a dog that sounded that much like mine. I had a hard time calling him that night, plus I don't comp hunt much. That was a weird night with those folks racing right near us. Definately wasn't my shining moment.

Ya'll gonna be up there Sat night too?

Old Post 10-21-2008 02:57 PM
Louise Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Louise Clark Click here to Send Louise Clark a Private Message Find more posts by Louise Clark Add Louise Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gunners mom
UKC Forum Member

I am a 25yr old mother of 3 smaller kids, 5, 3 (untill Nov), and 2. My husband had never been coon hunting untill he went with my dad and we thought he wouldn't like it.......now that is all he thinks about. So I don't honestly get to go out a lot. But when I do I absolutely love every minute of it. My husband and I started taking our kids out (if they wanted to) and age 3. And the oldest two love every minute of it. Hopefully the youngest will want to go out with us to. It is the one thing that the kids love forward to every year. We are going to take them out the first night of kill this year and the oldest two are counting down the days untill we get to go.

Old Post 10-21-2008 03:03 PM
Gunners mom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gunners mom Click here to Send Gunners mom a Private Message Click Here to Email Gunners mom Find more posts by Gunners mom Add Gunners mom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Country AintBad
UKC Forum Member

thanks for all the reply's keeping coming...

yall go girls....
great pics and im glad to see the youth having such great parents and relatives to take them hunting i wish i would have had that growing up....

happy hunting tree em up....

thanks,
Scotty

Old Post 10-21-2008 05:43 PM