UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Where do you think coon hunting will be 15 years from now.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Billy Beckham
UKC Forum Member

Where do you think coon hunting will be 15 years from now.

Look at the changes we have had since the 90's. Do you think there will be much left of this sport?

PKC CH, GRNITECH Beckham's Hillbilly Bones

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2015 04:12 PM
Billy Beckham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Beckham Click here to Send Billy Beckham a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy Beckham Find more posts by Billy Beckham Add Billy Beckham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

Well all i know is try your best to keep on good terms with land owners. there are alot of good people out there who remember hunting with ol dad and like to see people doing thing the way they used to. as far as laws go all we can do is vote. if we would do more like cancer benifit hunts and fundraisers instead of fighting with each other it wouldnt hurt either there is always more we can do i mean look at swamp people they put what they do on tv and everybody loves them for it.

Old Post 03-01-2015 04:59 PM
rthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rthompson Click here to Send rthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rthompson Find more posts by rthompson Add rthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

Re: Where do you think coon hunting will be 15 years from now.

quote:
Originally posted by Billy Beckham
Look at the changes we have had since the 90's. Do you think there will be much left of this sport?

most likely illegal sadly.

*billy jack

It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 03-01-2015 08:38 PM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

For myself in 15 years I'll probably have to slow a little being I'll be 90.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 03-01-2015 10:53 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GLANCY'S 7 MILE
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rthompson
Well all i know is try your best to keep on good terms with land owners. there are alot of good people out there who remember hunting with ol dad and like to see people doing thing the way they used to. as far as laws go all we can do is vote. if we would do more like cancer benifit hunts and fundraisers instead of fighting with each other it wouldnt hurt either there is always more we can do i mean look at swamp people they put what they do on tv and everybody loves them for it.

NICELY SAID!!!

GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH MAC (RIP)
GRNITECH X2 PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE CLYDE
NITECH PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE MERCY

Old Post 03-01-2015 11:08 PM
GLANCY'S 7 MILE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GLANCY'S 7 MILE Click here to Send GLANCY'S 7 MILE a Private Message Click Here to Email GLANCY'S 7 MILE Visit GLANCY'S 7 MILE's homepage! Find more posts by GLANCY'S 7 MILE Add GLANCY'S 7 MILE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by The Seeker
For myself in 15 years I'll probably have to slow a little being I'll be 90.
I'll help you along I'll, only be 86.

Old Post 03-01-2015 11:34 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Lewis Clark
UKC Forum Member

I am glad to see people is still coonhunting in there 80,90..I told my wife I could make it to 7o I would be happy.. I started back in 1968 ..If dog hunters work together I beleive the sports will last for along time..

Old Post 03-02-2015 01:49 AM
Jim Lewis Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Lewis Clark Click here to Send Jim Lewis Clark a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Lewis Clark Find more posts by Jim Lewis Clark Add Jim Lewis Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

id say in 15 yrs you will be lucky to have ground to hunt on as the yrs go by the people will be worse on letting people on thier ground some right now go plum nut's if a dog get's on thier property another thing in 15 yrs i won't be worrying about it if im still here my health probly be so bad i probly won't be able to hunt it's a shame these day's trying to find ground that people will let you hunt on now day's hope it turns for the good but i don't see that happening jmo

Old Post 03-02-2015 03:05 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markknepp
UKC Forum Member

Other then cooler tracking systems and better lights I haven't noticed any changes in the last five years. Not expecting to much for the next five either.

Old Post 03-02-2015 03:05 AM
markknepp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markknepp Click here to Send markknepp a Private Message Click Here to Email markknepp Find more posts by markknepp Add markknepp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dchartt
UKC Forum Member

drones will be treeing coon for us

Old Post 03-02-2015 03:27 AM
dchartt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dchartt Click here to Send dchartt a Private Message Click Here to Email dchartt Find more posts by dchartt Add dchartt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

I was watchin some outdoor tv and they had deer farmers on there raising deer to sell to farms to help genetics like cattle. this got me thinkin why dont coon hunters do things like this if they do ive never heard of it. i think its a neat idea you know raise coons vaccinate them for distemper and rabies keep the females and turn the boars loose in your hunting woods. im sure youd have to have permits but i think it would be worth it. something worth thinkin about.

Old Post 03-02-2015 05:57 PM
rthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rthompson Click here to Send rthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rthompson Find more posts by rthompson Add rthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

don't know about other states but here in wv it is not legal to have wildlife in captivity they will fine you not sure if ya get jail time or not but that is a good idea

Old Post 03-02-2015 06:17 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

Here you can have a permit to raise domestic coon was just thinkin a guy could raise the litters seperate boars and release them just like quail or deer.

Old Post 03-02-2015 06:29 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I use to think wed go on forever. I never thought Id see ukc stand with hsus either. So it very well may be gone in 15yrs for yall. Im nto stopping. I use to say the same thing about chicken fighting though. Every generation born turns out to be more and more tree hugger city fied types. Would not surprize for it to become illegal. They believe animals have more rights than people.

Old Post 03-02-2015 07:07 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cameronk
UKC Forum Member

15 years from now... I hope we are still able to free cast hounds and able to enjoy hunting. I also hope the government stays out of how we raise dogs and these anti-tethering bills go away.

The way I see it we have far greater concerns than turning loose coon. Coon are one adaptable animal. If they can find food, water, and shelter they can survive. Disease may knock them back for a few years, but give them time and their numbers will rebound.

I am more concerned about anti-tethering bills, HSUS, PETA, coon hunters putting inappropriate videos and photos on the internet, and loss of hunting habitat. This is the kind of stuff that poses a real threat to us!

Old Post 03-02-2015 07:17 PM
cameronk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cameronk Click here to Send cameronk a Private Message Click Here to Email cameronk Find more posts by cameronk Add cameronk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

It will be stronger then it is today. Social media can hurt the hunters but a news media paid by lobbyist can do a lot more damage. Social media can put the facts and info. out there that the news media never would. Be vary cautious of joining an Assoc. that believes you need to pussy foot around the enemy to defeat them the enemy will then be embolden and destroy you. When this country and it citizens gets enough of it's freedom taken from them they will stand up go against and defy there lobbiest, media and government to take back there freedom that was taken from them.

319-201-8445

Last edited by berger on 03-02-2015 at 07:30 PM

Old Post 03-02-2015 07:27 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
I use to think wed go on forever. I never thought Id see ukc stand with hsus either. So it very well may be gone in 15yrs for yall. Im nto stopping. I use to say the same thing about chicken fighting though. Every generation born turns out to be more and more tree hugger city fied types. Would not surprize for it to become illegal. They believe animals have more rights than people.
X2 totaly agree

Old Post 03-02-2015 07:41 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

I think it will still be going strong.

Old Post 03-02-2015 07:45 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
I think it will still be going strong.
i hope that your right on that bruce and while im on here i really like the stuff i ordered from y'all i still need to order my carring holster for my garmin great service

Old Post 03-02-2015 07:50 PM
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hillbilly56
don't know about other states but here in wv it is not legal to have wildlife in captivity they will fine you not sure if ya get jail time or not but that is a good idea

SAME HERE IN THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MARYLAND. I THINK SOME OF THE COON CLUBS HAVE TROUBLE GETTING A PERMIT FOR A LIVE COON AT FIELD TRIALS. GUESS THE BLEEDING HEART ANIMAL LOVERS ENDED THAT.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 03-02-2015 07:57 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rmcmillan
SAME HERE IN THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MARYLAND. I THINK SOME OF THE COON CLUBS HAVE TROUBLE GETTING A PERMIT FOR A LIVE COON AT FIELD TRIALS. GUESS THE BLEEDING HEART ANIMAL LOVERS ENDED THAT.
We cant get a coon in the deep south in Ga at all and aint been able to in yrs and yrs

Old Post 03-02-2015 08:18 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

We've come a long way since "coon on a log"

Old Post 03-02-2015 08:27 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

Im not talking about feild trials or treeing contest just raisin litters out of domestic coons and turnin them loose to get wild. and if you immunized them it would cut down on distemper and such.

Old Post 03-02-2015 09:11 PM
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

shadinc

We've come a long way since "coon on a log"..... Well Let's see. Back then we had well I would say 40 to 50 dogs in a club hunt now lucky to have 10 , maybe 2 or 3 "gnc" there now "gnc" under every bush, dogs that treed coons not trees, plenty of land to hunt on never saw a posted sigh, NO SLICK handlers, and men that were men. in closing I bet there are not over 30 people on this board that has EVER been to a COON ON THE LOG contest. And no body I mean no body had ever heard of "peta". Yep we have come a long ways. And I'm glad to have made the trip. Hope I am wrong BUT 15 years from now this will only be a memory or even maybe a nightmare, JUST look where we are now compared to a year ago.

Old Post 03-02-2015 10:33 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Fifty years ago you couldn't have made anybody believe we could no longer have coon on a log contest.

Old Post 03-02-2015 10:44 PM