UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Help lost his mouth
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Andy97
UKC Forum Member

Help lost his mouth

Male dog lost his mouth about a week ago. Still there but coarse sounding and dry. Only about 25% of normal volume. Did notice female in next kennel is in heat. But he dosent seem to be barking alot at her. Will it come back. What can I do. Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-23-2013 12:29 AM
Andy97 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy97 Click here to Send Andy97 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy97 Find more posts by Andy97 Add Andy97 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STONEHOLLOW
UKC Forum Member

I had a dog do the same thing took him to vet gave him DELTA ALBAPLEX his mouth came back better then it was before

Old Post 05-23-2013 12:43 AM
STONEHOLLOW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STONEHOLLOW Click here to Send STONEHOLLOW a Private Message Click Here to Email STONEHOLLOW Find more posts by STONEHOLLOW Add STONEHOLLOW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling41762
UKC Forum Member

First thing you gotta stop him from barking. Then you put a round of anti biotics trough him and go to your vet and ask for a shot of equipose. It's a horse steroid but is safe for dogs. This will help his mouth and his muscle content. I have had several bark out and do what I just told you and get their mouth back. Give 1cc of equipose once a week for three weeks. Vicks cloreseptic spray will help his throat to.

Home of
2011 UKC Ky State Champion
Ntch Bowlings hardwood izzy belle
Pr' Bowlings hickory nut Hannah
Pr' Extreme Smoking Harry

Old Post 05-23-2013 02:42 AM
bowling41762 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling41762 Click here to Send bowling41762 a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling41762 Find more posts by bowling41762 Add bowling41762 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy97
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the replies. Should I give it a week or so to see if it comes back on its own or start treating it now.

Old Post 05-23-2013 03:08 AM
Andy97 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy97 Click here to Send Andy97 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy97 Find more posts by Andy97 Add Andy97 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling41762
UKC Forum Member

I would treat it now. That steroid cycle will help him in more categories than his mouth, so will anti biotic.

Home of
2011 UKC Ky State Champion
Ntch Bowlings hardwood izzy belle
Pr' Bowlings hickory nut Hannah
Pr' Extreme Smoking Harry

Old Post 05-23-2013 11:05 AM
bowling41762 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling41762 Click here to Send bowling41762 a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling41762 Find more posts by bowling41762 Add bowling41762 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

i would move him from the female thats in heat,give him some lemon juice a few times that should help....

Old Post 05-26-2013 04:32 AM
steve pickett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve pickett Click here to Send steve pickett a Private Message Visit steve pickett's homepage! Find more posts by steve pickett Add steve pickett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chet McCreary
UKC Forum Member

A few years ago a buddy of mine had a male dog that was really looking bad...Lost his voice wouldnt eat and was pacing around his kennel none stop...Took him to the vet and they asked if there was a female close to him in heat.He went home and checked sure enough the female right next to him was in heat..He moved the male....They gave the male dog a shot and 2 weeks later he was fine......

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly

(English) Nite Ch Hard Time Spike (Sire Max)
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady(Sire Max)
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
(Black n Tan)
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Ch Wild Rivers Black Pearl Wild Rivers Black Thundar

Old Post 05-26-2013 09:03 AM
Chet McCreary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chet McCreary Click here to Send Chet McCreary a Private Message Click Here to Email Chet McCreary Visit Chet McCreary's homepage! Find more posts by Chet McCreary Add Chet McCreary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote