UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ohio Valley Bluetick Kennel
Pages (23): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Both Jimmy dogs are paid up in UKC's performance program for 2013. Dual Grand Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2 is paid up as a Super Stakes Sire for the 2012-2013 period. Clear River Jimmy will be 9 years old in February. Had 2 litters of pups off of him this year with one gyp having 13 pups and the other gyp had 9 pups. Ohio Valley Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX turned 9 this last July and his youngest pups are around 9 months old. He's still going strong in the woods and hopefully I will be able to get a few more pups on the ground out of him this spring and summer. I have some crosses in mind from mine and friends personal gyps that should make some nice crosses. If anyone is interested in breeding to either Jimmy dog, please give me a call at 740-416-2480 and we can discuss it.
Thanks, John

--------------------Gr Nt Ch Platner's Bl. Mash
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Slife's Blue Rambo
--------------------Nt Ch Jacopian's Blue Sally
----------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
--------------------Gr Nt Ch Uchtman's So. Blue Hawk
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Misti Blue
--------------------Nt Ch Smiley's Rock Ann
-----Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
--------------------Nt Ch Dryfork Blue Spud
---------------Smokey River Blue Spud
--------------------Smokey River DTS Mandy
----------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
--------------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Sexton's Blue Jimmy
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
--------------------Nt Ch Smokey River Jbell's Be
Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
Ohio Valley Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX
--------------------Nt Ch Dryfork Blue Spud
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
--------------------Smokey River BB's J-Bell
----------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
--------------------Nt Ch Rockcreek Blue Smokey
---------------Harlin's OK Blu Punkin
--------------------Uchtmans Dottie
-----Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
--------------------Nt Ch Smoky River Cryin Jack
--------------Gr Ch Oklahoma Hard Rock
--------------------Smoky River Maybell II
----------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
--------------------Vaughn's Blue Bo
---------------Hefley's Bros. May
--------------------Nt Ch Hefley's Bros. Glassey

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-27-2012 09:36 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

rutting coon

Ole Jewel has been giving these long winded boar coon a rough way to go. Seen 5 with her last couple nites. Was proud of her and Sadie tonite. Only treed one on the outside but had some awesome races. Had a couple long hikes. Got a 15 pounder tonite that ran over a half mile. Had a good time and saw some really nice dog work. Jewel is gona hit some hunts pretty soon.

Old Post 12-29-2012 06:46 AM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

That sounds great David. I've liked what I've seen out of her the nights I hunted with her. Bet those races sounded real good with the horn she has on her. Scott Douglas called me last night. He has the littermate male to Jewel, that I think was still at Dad's when you bought Jewel. Scott said he has a freezer full of coon he caught this season and he is really proud of Max. He called to tell me that he had bred Max to his female and she had her pups. He asked me about Max's littermates. I think every pup in that litter showed natural ability from the get go with minimal hunting needed to start them. I'd say you and Scott have put the most time in your dogs from that cross and it is showing. Now that Josh John in Newark has the Molly female, I'd say she'll be right there with Max and Jewel in a short amount of time.

Old Post 12-29-2012 11:06 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Appreciate the phone calls and interest in these hounds. At the current time I don't have any pups for sale but do have a gyp bred to Ohio Valley Jimmy and she is definitely showing.

Talked to Phillip Whitley today and sounds like his Jimmy x Snap female is turning the crank and is making a dandy. Hope he has continued success with her.

Old Post 01-16-2013 12:16 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

There are 13 straws of semen stored on Clear River Jimmy at Grand Genetics in Urbana, Ohio. Dad had Jimmy collected after he bought Jimmy more or less for insurance sake. We got pups from live breedings so I really don't need the semen. I will sell some or all of the straws if someone is interested. Please call me if you are.

Old Post 01-16-2013 08:56 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Went hunting with Mike Elberfeld last night. Mike and his Dad bought their first Bluetick pup off my Dad over 40 years ago. Mike has carried the Ohio Valley Kennel name on his dogs ever since and has been a good friend and part of our kennel ever since buying that first Bluetick pup. Mike has had several good coon hounds over the years and although Mike is not a competition hunter, those dogs have put many a coon hide in the freezer over all these years. We hunted Ring last night and a female out of him. Ring is 13 years and 9 months old but he still got er done the right way treeing a 17 pound boar coon after a nice little race. Mike keeps records on his dogs and this was the 300th coon that Mike had shot out to Ring over his many years. This may not seem like a big number but Mike only hunts the winter months, usually hunts Ring alone, and always had several other dogs that he hunts, mainly alone also.

I was also along on a hunt with Mike in April 2011 on Ring and his brothers 12th birthday with those two old dogs split treeing about a 1/2 mile apart. Memories to remember for a long time. Old Ring is probably one of the oldest blooded Blueticks alive today with dogs like Ohio Valley Bluetick, Emmons Brush Creek Blue, Hammer VIII, Doc's Blue Hussler, Southern Blue Pride, Bean's Ranger, Smokey River Blue Rambler, and Sizemore's Scout showing in his 5th generation. Ring also traces back to Dad's first dog he bought in 1951, and a couple of Bill Hubbards dogs, Fever in the 4th generation, and CB in his 3rd generation. Also, a bunch of good old fashioned coon dogs, both male and female. Those "old" blooded dogs could get it done and Ring is proof that their offspring could to.

Ring won't be around much longer but he has left me, and more importantly Mike, with many good memories for years to come. Hopefully some of Ring's few son's or daughters will leave us with many more.

Here is a picture of Ring and Mike on Ring's 12th birthday.

Ring's brother, Clyde, on the 12th Birthday Hunt

Last edited by ov_blues on 01-19-2013 at 12:34 AM

Old Post 01-19-2013 12:29 AM
T Stevens
UKC Forum Member

NICE HOUNDS TO A WELL DESERVING GUY..................

Old Post 01-21-2013 08:40 PM
T Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Stevens Click here to Send T Stevens a Private Message Click Here to Email T Stevens Find more posts by T Stevens Add T Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Me and Mike hunted in our coon club's last pound hunt Saturday night. They hold 2 hunts in Nov, 2 hunts in Dec, and 2 hunts in January. That dates are set up in Oct so you never know what you are going to be hunting in weather wise. Whoever enters and bring a coon in gets their name in a drawing for the night for some prize money. The club then keeps the weights of two of your coon for each night and then pay out for the top three total weights at the end of the year. Me and Mike were fortunate enough to bring in 150 total pounds for our 12 coon and we ended up winning first. Second place was won by JC Albright and his English hounds with 122 pounds. We are in Ohio but this part of the state and WV, on predetermined nights, can make bringing two coon in per night a challenge some nights and is something that me and Mike both enjoy trying to do on these pound hunts. I mainly hunted OV Jimmy and Mike hunted his Libby female out of his Ring dog and me and Troy's Skeeter dog. Libby did some good work on these pound hunts and is making a real nice dog. Mike has 5 young dogs out of Ring that tree their own coon but I believe Libby is going to be his next special dog.

Old Post 01-22-2013 12:49 AM
G.Conaway
UKC Forum Member

smokey river grover 2

Im interested in info on your dog that goes back to him on top and bottom. I sold Yadkin creek Blueberry to the guy that made that cross. Blueberry was one of my favorates. Thnx Gary Conaway 573-743-3075

Old Post 01-28-2013 03:27 AM
G.Conaway is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.Conaway Click here to Send G.Conaway a Private Message Click Here to Email G.Conaway Find more posts by G.Conaway Add G.Conaway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

JT Bradshaw from Higgins, Texas called me yesterday about his 10 month old male out of Ohio Valley Jimmy and Little Lou. He said that Tex is really coming on and is a first strike dog that can really move a track and is a hard tree dog. Real nice to hear how pleased JT is with Tex and wish him the best of luck in the future.

David Smith called last night and said he won his cast at a PKC hunt with 275+ with his Jewel female out of Clear River Jimmy and Maxy. Jewel had some top notch competition but David and Jewel were able to get it done. Congrats to them and hope they have continued success.

Old Post 01-31-2013 06:40 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

JT Bradshaw's 10 month old Tex pup.

Old Post 02-01-2013 11:15 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Dual Grand Clear River Jimmy turned 9 years old today. I bred an Ohio Valley bred female to him 2 days ago. Looking forward to seeing what that cross will produce.

Old Post 02-05-2013 07:49 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

jimmy dogs

I have personally hunted with both Jimmy dogs. Both hounds impressed me while in the woods. CR Jimmy is a little faster to get locked on the wood and a little classier tree dog of the 2...and he has the dual grand title. OV Jimmy is hard hunting fast track dog. He would be my pick of the two hounds if i was to feed them. Hes a little slower to lock down on the wood but he has also shown me coons every time ive seen him cut loose. Both have nice mouths. Both have put it on my hounds before lol. Im real proud of the CR Jimmy young gyp I have and hope some people get to see her in some competitions this year.

Old Post 02-06-2013 03:15 AM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks David. I'm looking forward to your upcoming success with Jewel. She operates a lot like Uncle Jimmy. lol. Thanks for the comparison of the Jimmy dogs. Pretty accurate assessment of the two brothers.

One question that I think anyone should ask when they are choosing a stud dog is what their littermates are like. The Jimmy dogs have other brothers and sisters that are super nice dogs in their own right. I ended up owning two from the cross of Clear River Diamond Jim and Clear River Slammer and they are both nice hounds in their own right. Some things that they have in common are that they both will get gone and go hunting, naturally hunt in the same manner as they will get deep but hunt smart and don't straight line, both use the wind in tracking and treeing, both drift a track extremely well, and both can and will wind tree if there is no track or wind tree coming off of a track.

Difference to me in the two hounds comes down to a couple things which makes Clear River Jimmy the better competition hound. CR Jimmy opens up as soon as he smells a track, OV Jimmy isn't gonna open until he has a track headed in the right direction. CR Jimmy is the more athletic and faster footed hound. CR Jimmy is also the more explosive hound of the two. OV Jimmy wins out in pure owner pleasing personality and his Heart and absolute Pure Desire. He has a way of making people like him and there isn't any quit in him. A couple people witnessed him go hunting and tree coon like normal with broken ribs. Didn't even know he was in that bad of shape until we went to load him in the truck.

I've carried several young dogs out of either Jimmy dog to the woods so far. They aren't afraid of the dark. Hunt, run and tree with very little, or no exposure to artificial training methods. Just give them a ride to the woods. Almost all the pictures of the Jimmy young dogs on page 1 were taken within the young dogs first handful of trips to the woods. Whether your a pleasure hunter or a competition hunter, I think most people either do or would enjoy pups off of these Jimmy dogs.

Last edited by ov_blues on 03-14-2013 at 11:28 PM

Old Post 02-06-2013 10:06 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

RIP Ohio Valley Blue Clyde HTX 4/12/99 - 2/14/13

Talked to Mike Elberfeld last night and he told me of the passing of Clyde. Clyde lived a long life and left us with some enjoyable memories.

Last edited by ov_blues on 03-14-2013 at 11:29 PM

Old Post 02-08-2013 04:28 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

pkc

Sorry to hear about Clyde. For some good news, i got another pkc win on Jewel tonite. Wasnt real impressive but she made the only tree of our hunt. It was a den but one guy said he saw the coon after we left the tree. This should get me in the top 16 for now in the bluetick race. Hopefully i can get her in the race this year.

Last edited by David R. Smith on 02-10-2013 at 06:54 AM

Old Post 02-10-2013 06:33 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2 is now in Athens, Alabama. If interested in breeding to him, contact Sherrill Schrimsher. His home # is 256-729-8628 and his cell # is 256-874-1294. Mr. Schrimsher came up yesterday and bred his female to Jimmy again after getting good results on two previous crosses with Jimmy. I still own Jimmy so if anyone has any question about him or what he is throwing, don't hesitate to call me.

Old Post 02-20-2013 03:50 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Talked with Donald Hall in Mississippi Saturday evening. He sent me a picture of his male out of Clear River Diamond Jimmy and Sherrill's female. Donald said his male has brains, drive, big mouth, can really drive a track with his head up off the ground, and uses the wind to get treed. This is what Jimmy is bringing to the table and those traits are what I hear about pups off every female that has been bred to Jimmy. Worst traits that I have heard about Jimmy pups, which Donald also said about his pup, is that they are wired too tight as pups and until they get hunted, they are a handful if not allowed to run.

Here's Donald's 2 year old Jimmy dog. Donald said he is getting ready to get him in some hunts.

Old Post 02-25-2013 03:58 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Josh John just sent me a video of his eleven month old Chief pup on the wood. Sounded like Chief has a real horn on him and Josh said he is coon crazy. Chief is out of Ohio Valley Jimmy and Little Lou. I like what I'm hearing about the pups from that cross. I just need to quit being lazy and get the two that I kept from that litter in the brush.

Old Post 02-28-2013 02:06 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

The video doesn't show up but this is Chief on the wood. Click the screen to go to Photobucket. There is probably a better way but I'm not much of a computer person

Old Post 02-28-2013 05:30 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

pkc

Got another win on Jewel tonite. Thats 3 in a row. This makes $239 in PKC for the year. Maybe just a spell of dumb luck but im real proud of her. Long time between now and October so anything can happen. I wana hit some UKC events and see how that goes.

Old Post 03-01-2013 03:33 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Way to go David. Keep it up. I doubt it is dumb luck. I'd say Jewel is just trying to earn a rematch with Uncle Jimmy. lol.

Old Post 03-01-2013 04:07 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

ukc

Got a 2nd place on Jewel tonite at Redhouse. Tied for first with 300+ but i had 125- and the other guy didnt have any. Jewel did a nice job. Split once with the meat. Guess I might have to try it again next weekend and see if the ole girl can win daddy a new light. Me and her are clicking lately.

Old Post 03-02-2013 08:31 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

David, congrats on your 2nd place win. With the roll you two are on it won't be long before you'll have her Ch in PKC and Nt Ch in UKC.

Old Post 03-04-2013 05:55 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Talk

Hey John, darren Hollis here in Alabama. I got your pm and I will give u a call soon so we can talk blue dogs. Darren.

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 03-04-2013 05:57 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote