UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > World Hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

World Hunt

I was looking in the issue of Full Cry the had the results of this year's World hunts for curs and feists. It appears that curs were allowed to advance with only circle points but the feists were required to have plus points. Any idea why? I PM'd Joe to ask him but evidently he doesn't check his messages or it did not go through for some reason. As I told him; that very well may affected the results on feists and for sure affected the curs as the winner advanced twice (I think) on circle points.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2017 02:06 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Curs primarily scent dogs, fyce primarily sight dogs. I think this was the reasoning

Old Post 08-18-2017 03:08 AM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Clif,

Sorry, I did not get your PM....I get an email when I get one, but I've been too busy to spend a lot of time on the message board any more

TN Russ hit the main point....the difference between the operational style of the dogs lead us to make some changes between the cur and fiest programs. It's a change in the way we think....the hunts are not just squirrel dog hunts....they are cur hunts or they are fiest hunts....just as they have pointing dog and flushing dog field trials.

A secondary point is that the cur guys have a lot more choices on where to spend their time hunting their dogs. USDC, NKC, NSD, OMCBA, WTDA, the list goes on and on.....each of these allow dogs to advance on circle points. Plus points only advancement is a true limiting factor on attendance. We just were not going to have participation (folks choosing not to attend) without it. Year before last, in the second round of the World hunt, half of the casts did not score on a squirrel and were eliminated.....eliminated one whole round of competition. To say it was unpopular is an understatement.

You will see some major changes between the programs in the coming weeks as the new rules come out. Again, I urge you to think of them as the cur program and the feist program, and not the squirrel dog program.

Old Post 08-22-2017 02:01 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote