UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Stevenson's Treeing Walker kennels
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Stevenson's Treeing Walker kennels

I have been coonhunting since I was 8. I am 58. Won my first competition hunt at age 13 with a dog that was almost old as me.
I usually have a nice hound for sale or know where one is that I can put you in touch with somebody that has one that I recommend. I have finished mulitple of my hounds to hunt wins and many show wins. I have made many of my hounds champions, grand champions and world show champion.

From time to time I make some very good crosses and have some nice pups for sale. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

I currently have a show DVD I am selling as well. It will teach you how to win early and often. PM me for more info on how much and where to order.

Also I have been breeding the same line for over 30 years. I have bred many of the hounds behind some of the more powerful hounds that have been hunted the last several years. Gr.Nt ch. Mud Run Milo, Gr. nt ch. Lil Miss Milo, several of the milo bred hounds that have placed in walker days. Many kennel owners within 50 miles of me have their entire kennels based around the hounds I produced.

If you want any breeding information or advice, contact me and I will be more than glad to give you my opinion.

From time to time I will advertise what I have for sale or make a cross that will be hard to beat so keep an eye on this post for future updates. I have a couple of projects in the works so keep your eyes posted.

I currently have a partnership with a Lock Box and Boots female that we will be breeding later this fall.

I am making plans on adding an old blood pup later this summer if the cross goes through. My buddy matt Cantrell up in middle tenn. has one of the best blooded old blooded hound in the country. Contact me and I will put you in touch with him. He has none of the newer stuff in his blood.
Just perfect for an outcross.

Let me know how I can help.

Thanks
Rick Stevenson
North Miss.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2014 03:24 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I am going to post some pics and videos

of hounds that are decendants from hounds I have bred.
It will give you some idea of the success I have had in the breeding pen.
I have some tremendous short term long range breeding plans over the next year or so.

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 03-28-2014 05:48 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

btt

Got some strong Skuna river pups to be on site here real soon.

Old Post 03-29-2014 07:17 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I will be adding the 11th generation

of hounds to my kennels later this month that trace back to my original cross. I have been breeding hounds with good mouths, balanced on track and tree, with intelligence and great looks and confirmation. Generation after generation of the same type hounds. Entire litters that had all the same abilities.
I achieved this by doing the homework before breeding just two hounds together. Most crosses I make take a minimum of two years of planning before they are made.

I see folks on the message boards put out a post and ask "What should I breed to?" Then I see a list of folks giving their two cents worth and when I look at the pedigree of some of the suggestions and I think to myself there is no way that is going to work. Most often folks dont listen to any of the advice anyway and then they breed to who they had in mind anyway and usually you see them for sale at discount rates at a time they should be bringing their highest value. It is because they didnt do their homework.

Even the great studs do not cross well on everything.
Coon dog to coondog does "NOT" always equal a great cross or even the greatest chance of a great cross. I dont care who says it. I have been breeding the same hounds for over 30 years. Not just throwing two dogs in the pen and getting pups and calling myself a breeder.
I am a successful breeder. I dont say that with any arrogance at all. It took lots of trial and error and experimental breeding of line breeding, inbreeding and out crossing and knowing when to do each of the above.
I believe there are some good studs out there that have never seen the pages of a magazine or a post on these message boards that can produce as well as most advertised studs.

Right here in the midsouth, I want to list a few studs that I think are good solid studs that based on their pedigree and genetic make up that will produce a higher percentage of nice pups per litter than just breeding to the latest world champion or truck winner.
Here's just a few. As I learn of more, I will post for those of you who want to up your chances of getting pups that are way above average in ability, looks, mouths and intelligence.

Tyler Hawkings in Batesville, Ms has a super nice 2 year old Nt. ch. with wins toward Grand nite out of Lock Box and my Boots female. He is extra loud, good looking and smart. He can tree any kind of coon and do it right. Ill put a video of him later on here.
If you are interested, pm me and Ill give you tylers no. I am going to try and help tyler advertise his Bo dog soon. He is worthy big time of breeding to. I will breed something to him later.

Matt Cantrell up around clarksville, tn has a double Hillbilly mac dog that is line bred so many ways it will cross your eyes. All the crosses are in the right places. He has more old blood than any dog currently alive. It is as close as you can get it as well. Johnsons Banjo the star of the walker breed who every walker dog living pretty much goes back to is in the pedigree multiple times. Spring creek rock a bunch of times, His dog is a nt. ch and grand champion. Jesse is his name. contact me on pm for his info as well.
Also I think Lock Box, his brothers Repete and Hortons Bullet are all reproducers that are all worthy of breeding to before you go off and pay 400 to 500 to breed to the magazine super stars.
Repete and Bullet are on the walker stud boards on here. You can check out their contact info.

Bone collector is also proving he can reproduce at a high level. Seen that first hand as I have with lock box.
I hope to ad something from tylers dog and Matts dogs later this year to my kennel.
I have added a couple of partners to help me with raising pups and stuff. I am only going to keep one hound here at a time maybe a second if I plan on moving one of them. I want to keep my focus on my family and church before the hounds. hounds are my hobby and not my life.
We need to keep those perspectives in place.

Again, if I can offer any advice toward breeding, showing or training a young dog, please pm me and we can contact each other and I will help anyway I can. I have learned a great deal about breeding hounds over the past 30 plus years and maybe it will save you a lot of heartache and money when breeding to get pups. After all when you make a cross, it is a lasting proposition.
The cross today could be somebodies headache years down the road if you dont do your homework.
God bless and thanks for reading my posts and rants.

Old Post 03-30-2014 01:05 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Dead Eye Moon

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/13459653835/

Our litter mate female to Tyler Hawkings Bo dog out of Boots/ Lock Box. Treed with the meat. We hope to breed her later this fall. Will keep you posted on what we breed her too. Triple Skuna river bred with a shot of Rat.

Old Post 03-30-2014 01:12 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Tyler Hawkins Bo Dog

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/13459646465/

Boots/ Lock Box...cant see much of him, but you can sure hear him tree. Wins by being alone and always with the meat.
You wont find slick trees with this young 2 year old.
I highly recommend him as a stud dog.

Old Post 03-30-2014 01:21 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Moon again treed as a one year old

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/13460019554/

in the back ground you can hear treed Gr. Nt. ch and 4th place winner in UKC world hunt Dead eye skutter. He was bred to Moon and produced a litter of pups I will post a vieo of treeing at 4.5 months old. You cant ask to see a litter of pups tree like this at this young of an age. We will be adding one of these pups to our kennels and of course you can tell moon is a reproducer so whatever we breed her to next fall, you know what you will be getting.

Old Post 03-30-2014 01:27 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

litter of pups by moon and skutter

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/13498942193/

forgive the blue dog in the pic...must have gotten out of somebodies pen. haha

Skutter is out of insain Cain and a bark female. The pup with the wide blaze will be in our kennel and she will be triple bark bred with a shot of the double world champion cross of X jr. by INsane Jane. Not a bad pedigree huh? also she will be the 11th generation from my original cross. As you can see over 30 years later and 11 crosses, they are still good looking, hard treeing and easy to train pups. Its all in the breeding men.

Old Post 03-30-2014 01:35 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

The Show DVD

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7663924@N06/12914324474/

This is what it looks like in the cover. I will post a pic of a female that is 7 months old that I trained using the techniques that you will see on the dvd. If you can use something that will help you show something like this and win early and often, it is worth three times more than you pay for it.

Taking your hound to 6 or 7 shows trying to make a champion out of them can cost you a pretty good sum. If you prepare and you win three straight, you can save all those trips of gas, entry fees and trying to get that champion degree.

Old Post 03-30-2014 01:49 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I know where there might be

a male littermate to crickett for sale up in west virginia. pm me for the number.

Old Post 03-30-2014 10:04 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

btt

thanks for the orders on the dvd, Ill get them out first thing in the morning. Tim Mullins got yours as well. it will go out with the rest. Hope you enjoy it.

Old Post 03-31-2014 02:49 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

congrats to John phillips

on his purchase of his new Hortons Bullet (littermate to Lock Box)
pup...John is piling up a kennel of nice females over at his place.
Way to go john....congrats

Old Post 04-02-2014 04:23 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

hey guys...if you like showing

your hounds and dont have the confidence that you can do it, try one of these dvd's I have for sale. they will put you in the winners circle.

Old Post 04-04-2014 04:17 AM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Top, for a good guy and a good product!

Old Post 04-08-2014 12:46 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Matt

Here is the guy that has that old blooded hound tied out behind the barn all of you older guys are always complaining you wished you could find.
I have seen Matts old Jessie dogs pedigree and it is truly remarkable.
He doesnt have a single drop of the newer past 15 year hounds.
Almost every walker dog being offered at stud right now is line bred over and over again. 99% of you guys with females need to do an outcross after at least a couple line bred crosses. It is just needed.
I have been breeding the same line of dogs for over 30 plus years. I know what I am talking about.
Matt has that hound. This dog is dripping in old Johnsons Banjo, spring creek Rock and some good solid shots of Hillbilly mack. That is the newest stud dog in this dogs pedigree if that tells you anything.
Good luck with him Matt. I hope to get a shot of this blood before he passes on.

Old Post 04-08-2014 08:00 PM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Rick,
I think we can get you a little Jess. Good Lord willin'.

Old Post 04-11-2014 12:32 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

keep me posted....

that old blood you have is like finding Gold out in the yard with a metal detector.

a little shot of Jess is good for the walker breed is what I am thinking.

Old Post 04-14-2014 04:26 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Danny Cerezo

on the purchase of Crickette.....you guys in Ala. best be on the look out. He has two super nice walker gyps that will be giving some folks fitts...
Crickette has all the tools of a world champion and Danny seems to be an tremendous dog trainer so beware.
Thanks again Danny. You have a beautiful family and sweet as well.
Good luck with her.
thanks and God Bless.

Old Post 04-19-2014 03:46 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

added another nice female

to my kennel....
super nice Bone collector female with a giant pedigree. Will post it here in the next day or so. Maybe some of it later tonight.

Still got the Lock Box/Boots female she is making a top super nice little tree dog. super smart and a super reproducer like her mother already. She has 6 months old pups who have been treeing a caged coon since around 5 months old. I mean intense little pups on the tree at an early early age.

I still highly recommend breeding to her littermate Brother.... Bo who is located in Batesville, ms. Bo is a nite ch with wins toward grand and they just turned 2 a week ago. Bo also has wins on the bench. He will be a dual grand way before he is three and has a mouth like a train. Independent and a deep alone hunter.
wins casts by being by himself with the coon. he is deadly accurate.

good looking super smart young dog. Tyler can let him out of the pen and he will go load himself into the truck if the box is open and they live near a very busy highway.
That is intelligence.
I am sure you can breed for a very reasonable fee. Tyler will work with you on the fee I am sure. He is a super nice young man.
tyler turned down many many offers of high dollar amounts for Bo since he was a year old.

this dog has all the tools to be the next big time stud dog and I predict within the year he will start being heard from in the breeding pen. Get on board now before the rush starts.
If I put my breeder stamp on a dog, you can take it to the bank that they reproduce top level hounds. I expect absolute as close to perfection from a young dog as any breeder who has ever bred treeing walker hounds. Bo will be that kind of reproducer.
I dont put my stamp of approval on many stud dogs ever. There are a hundred dual grand champion studs out there on the market right now and I wouldnt put my female under more than a half a dozen of them. I am very particular on all the qualities I demand of a stud to produce and not many can meet that.

I recommend Bo and or his daddy lock Box as two right now that I think can do it. keith has a littermate to Bo that he will be brining along soon to the stud pen I believe.

if you want to breed to Bo, contact Tyler Hawkins at 662-934-3781...dont even try and think about making him an offer to buy him.. Save your breath. Unless you're willing to offer new truck money dont bother. I am not even sure that he would part with him for any money. He may very well die in tylers pen down the road. He is that good of a hound. At 2 years old he has a tremendous future ahead of him.

Old Post 05-03-2014 05:07 AM
ky87
UKC Forum Member

pm sent

Old Post 05-04-2014 04:43 AM
ky87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ky87 Click here to Send ky87 a Private Message Find more posts by ky87 Add ky87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

hit you back brother....

send me some pics of your boots young dog when you get time.

Old Post 05-04-2014 10:50 PM
ky87
UKC Forum Member

yea i'll try when i get a chance

Old Post 05-05-2014 02:46 AM
ky87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ky87 Click here to Send ky87 a Private Message Find more posts by ky87 Add ky87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

just heard from Keith Medley

owner of lock box......He has a son of lock box by Boots from a cross we made 2 years ago. He loves him. He will be at stud soon. He made nite ch. with two firsts and a second. At the recent RQE up there he won his cast with 550 plus and the next closest dog was 50-. Id say that was a pretty dominating performance.....

thats 2 nt ch. from that cross at the age of 2. also two others are winning in pkc quick and often.
all are stone independent and lock down tree dogs. We have a female here still from that cross. she is a tree jammer as well and will stay hooked.

Old Post 05-07-2014 05:26 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Go to Tar Dawgs post on Handsome

Tucker pups.
the bottom side of those pups pedigree goes back to my line of dogs back to everything I currently have in my kennels background as well.

the Milo line bred and raised by Randy Davis of Indiana is an awesome line of hounds. Milo was an outstanding reproducer.

Milo was line bred on my hounds so he has a double shot of greatness in him. he passed away last year so there wont be many more of these. I think randy had him collected so If you want a shot of greatness, there is some in the freezer.

Old Post 05-07-2014 04:06 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Remember...if you like to show and

want some tips on how to win and win early, I have a dvd video available that is a complete package of everything I have learned over the past 30 years on how to get a dog or pup ready for its first show. It will pay for itself with one win.
Go to the Vendor page and check out under "show DVD ready to ship"

thanks

Old Post 05-07-2014 04:09 PM