UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How do you guys price dogs ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bigridge kennel
UKC Forum Member

How do you guys price dogs ?

I like to know on how you price a dog . I mean some people sale there dogs for 2500-5000 and some sale a dog for 500 . Both tree coons and have good papers ? How do you go by pricing them ? I mean of course some is going to say one is better . But really how do you go about it

Pr' bigridge ole dan
Pr' Ralph's red hawk addy
Nt.ch. Reece's show no mercy
bigridge bear crazy blue
Pr' bigridge diesel

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-28-2013 11:38 PM
Bigridge kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bigridge kennel Click here to Send Bigridge kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Bigridge kennel Add Bigridge kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smartin0022
UKC Forum Member

Like anything in life something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. A good deal is a state of mind. Did you leave the transaction feeling like it was a good price? If you did then the price was right and fair. If not then you shouldn't have made the deal...

Old Post 09-29-2013 01:23 AM
smartin0022 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smartin0022 Click here to Send smartin0022 a Private Message Click Here to Email smartin0022 Find more posts by smartin0022 Add smartin0022 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

That was pretty well put Shayne .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 09-29-2013 01:29 AM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigridge kennel
UKC Forum Member

Yeah that was well put! I haven't sold it yet but I'm going to sale a dog I just wanted a good idea of prices . Thanks !

Pr' bigridge ole dan
bigridge bear crazy blue
Pr' bigridge diesel

Old Post 09-29-2013 01:44 AM
Bigridge kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bigridge kennel Click here to Send Bigridge kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Bigridge kennel Add Bigridge kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

I try to price something by the price I would be willing to pay for it.

Old Post 09-29-2013 02:38 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JEREMY COX
UKC Forum Member

You may have 2 dogs of the same sex out of the same litter that both tree their own coon. 1 may do it a lot faster and more accurate than the other, the other may be a great pleasure dog and not as good of a comp dog. IMO, the comp dog (total package) is worth more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GRNTCH ROCKSOLID ALLI-BYE
NTCH TAYLOR'S DAISY II

Jeremy Cox 217-358-2556
ROSE CITY KENNELS

Old Post 09-29-2013 02:39 AM
JEREMY COX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JEREMY COX Click here to Send JEREMY COX a Private Message Click Here to Email JEREMY COX Find more posts by JEREMY COX Add JEREMY COX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

A dogs price deoends on how much cash it will take to get me to turn loose of it.

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 09-29-2013 02:47 AM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

1 How truely good is a dog (what holes does it have even if it trees a coon)
2 Does it have any wins a finished dog is worth more than unfinished more wins -more money
3 How old is it ? Cranking young dog worth more than most old hounds.
4 Is it SS paid up? A SS pd up good young hound is worth $$$$ more than one thats not. If it already got it's 100 won even more they are a hot commodity.
5 Breeding - an all grand granded out female is worth top dollar the younger the better! People pay thousands for them. Same with a male that can be studded .
6 Looks! (we don't mind an ugly dog as long as it's treeing the heck out of coons , but some people do.
7 Is it a proven winner? The ones winning cast after cast we always bring good money. Especially in other kc.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-29-2013 02:48 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1deadeye
UKC Forum Member

85% salesman
10% breeding
5% truth about the dog.

Scott

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Old Post 09-29-2013 01:53 PM
1deadeye is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1deadeye Click here to Send 1deadeye a Private Message Find more posts by 1deadeye Add 1deadeye to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigridge kennel
UKC Forum Member

1deadeye you just said it all

Pr' bigridge ole dan
bigridge bear crazy blue
Pr' bigridge diesel

Old Post 09-29-2013 02:44 PM
walker1978
UKC Forum Member

what its gonna cost me to replace it. Thats the biggest factor in my mine.

Old Post 09-29-2013 04:17 PM
walker1978 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walker1978 Click here to Send walker1978 a Private Message Click Here to Email walker1978 Find more posts by walker1978 Add walker1978 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

A top young female is also worth more than a top young male to most!!seems like most males value drops off a cliff after there $$ is over!! Shouldn't be that way cause a coon dog is a coon dog but it is!! Atleast what I have seen!!!

Old Post 09-29-2013 04:48 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigridge kennel
UKC Forum Member

But I mean like in all seriousness , I've seen this dog bought for 300 dollar or 200 I forget but it was better than the others dogs that sold for a couple grand nothing wrong with the dog. I guess the owner though it wasn't worth but a few hundred bucks ? I don't know that's why I was wondering how you price yours . But I do agree on how much would it take to replace it answer

Pr' bigridge ole dan
bigridge bear crazy blue
Pr' bigridge diesel

Old Post 09-29-2013 04:53 PM
CrossbreedCur
UKC Forum Member

I'll sell any dog i have but if i like it they are gonna have to pay for it. a dog i wanna keep i price way high if someone asks.... backfired on me once. fella jerked my arm off and counted out the cash. And me personally i like to haggle. so i generally price a little higher than what i want so the buyer can Jew me down a few dollars that way they feel like they got a better deal. i cut them a break and still get the number i want. its a win win. they walk away happy and so do i.

"PR" Thunderheart Crickett
"PR" Thunderheart Waylen
Weems and Crockett Bred Plotts

Old Post 09-29-2013 07:20 PM
CrossbreedCur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CrossbreedCur Click here to Send CrossbreedCur a Private Message Click Here to Email CrossbreedCur Visit CrossbreedCur's homepage! Find more posts by CrossbreedCur Add CrossbreedCur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigridge kennel
UKC Forum Member

I hear ya cross bred cur ! You can always go down on the price but never up . Gotta make a little room to play

Pr' bigridge ole dan
bigridge bear crazy blue
Pr' bigridge diesel

Old Post 09-29-2013 07:30 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

selling dogs

When you've got one that makes you happy it's best not to price it when asked. I think everyone has that one hound they wish they still had! You can spend years ,go through alot of dogs & a ton of money trying to replace the right one & still not have what you had before. There are a few out there that can never be replaced.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-30-2013 06:21 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote