UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > scoring ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jimbob_walker
UKC Forum Member

scoring ?

3 dog cast. Dog A and B struck and treed. Dog C hasn't made a sound. Score dog A and B and lead away from the tree. Dog C strikes in before dogs A and B are cut. Does dog C open up for 100 or 25.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-31-2014 02:20 AM
jimbob_walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimbob_walker Click here to Send jimbob_walker a Private Message Click Here to Email jimbob_walker Find more posts by jimbob_walker Add jimbob_walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

50 strike.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-31-2014 02:36 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

As Jim just said dog C goes in for 50. The reason being is that dog C cannot go in for 100 since two dogs are still on the lead, (thus not competing) for additional strike points. Since dogs A & B have already used up the 100 & 75 point positions, 50 points would be the next available and that is what dog C would go in for.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 07-31-2014 04:20 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

the way i read the question , dog A & B have been struck and treed without dog C saying a word.
he says the tree has been scored and they are being led away and then dog C strikes.
so in my mind dog C strikes in for 100.

Old Post 07-31-2014 09:20 AM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimbob_walker
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys.

Old Post 07-31-2014 09:39 AM
jimbob_walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimbob_walker Click here to Send jimbob_walker a Private Message Click Here to Email jimbob_walker Find more posts by jimbob_walker Add jimbob_walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by POP
the way i read the question , dog A & B have been struck and treed without dog C saying a word.
he says the tree has been scored and they are being led away and then dog C strikes.
so in my mind dog C strikes in for 100.

Pop, the way I understand it is that all dogs in the cast must be off leash and competing for strike before 100 strike is available. Since A and B are on the leash, they are not competing for strike and thus, 100 is not yet available.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-31-2014 01:22 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Dogs hold their strike positions until recast. Dog will hold it's strike position until recast. In this case, since dogs A and B were not recast only the 3rd. strike was available. Therefor dog C strikes for 50.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 07-31-2014 03:19 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

Bob explained it well, 50 is correct.

Old Post 07-31-2014 06:39 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Just in case someone asks, dogs A&B must be released to dog C and each will receive 25 points when they open.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 08-01-2014 03:57 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RAT Mafia
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by The Seeker
Just in case someone asks, dogs A&B must be released to dog C and each will receive 25 points when they open.

Old Post 08-01-2014 04:12 AM
RAT Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAT Mafia Click here to Send RAT Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email RAT Mafia Find more posts by RAT Mafia Add RAT Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RAT Mafia
UKC Forum Member

Four dog cast would be 50 25

Old Post 08-01-2014 04:13 AM
RAT Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RAT Mafia Click here to Send RAT Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email RAT Mafia Find more posts by RAT Mafia Add RAT Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Pop, the way I understand it is that all dogs in the cast must be off leash and competing for strike before 100 strike is available. Since A and B are on the leash, they are not competing for strike and thus, 100 is not yet available.

Gotcha.....didnt pay attention to them still being on the leash.

Old Post 08-01-2014 06:02 AM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RAT Mafia
Four dog cast would be 50 25

The 50 strike points has already been taken by dog C, therefore only the 25 strike points are available to dogs A & B in this case.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 08-01-2014 02:37 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by The Seeker
The 50 strike points has already been taken by dog C, therefore only the 25 strike points are available to dogs A & B in this case.

Bob, you may want to refer back to the original post. C is the dog in question in this three-dog cast.

You would be correct in a four-dog cast with three dogs scoring a tree.

Old Post 08-01-2014 04:03 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Riffecreek
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Bob, you may want to refer back to the original post. C is the dog in question in this three-dog cast.

You would be correct in a four-dog cast with three dogs scoring a tree.

I think they are questioning what dogs A and B would be struck for after being recast into dog C after striking while the other dogs were on leash

Old Post 08-01-2014 04:06 PM
Riffecreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riffecreek Click here to Send Riffecreek a Private Message Click Here to Email Riffecreek Find more posts by Riffecreek Add Riffecreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Riffecreek
I think they are questioning what dogs A and B would be struck for after being recast into dog C after striking while the other dogs were on leash

You're absolutely correct! It's me that needs to go back and read Bob's post. Sorry bout that Bob. Thanks for setting me straight Riffecreek.

C takes 50 and A and B are both eligible for 25.

Old Post 08-01-2014 07:12 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimbob_walker
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Riffecreek
dog c is the dog in question. 50 is the answer I was looking for. I wasn't 100% sure on the rule, but thanks guys for clearing it up for me. After reading some of the posts I do remember reading that all dogs had to be off the leash to compete for the strike. For some reason I was thinking at the time that the tree had to be scored and then it opened. I have read the rules so many times and still I get a little backwards on them from time to time.

Old Post 08-01-2014 07:14 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
You're absolutely correct! It's me that needs to go back and read Bob's post. Sorry bout that Bob. Thanks for setting me straight Riffecreek.

C takes 50 and A and B are both eligible for 25.

That's okay, Allen I made a mistake one time too, but don't tell anyone. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 08-02-2014 04:15 AM
wakenda creek b
UKC Forum Member

The owner of dog C should have let them turn there dogs loose and struck his on the 3rd bark. He could have 100 then.

Old Post 08-02-2014 12:26 PM
wakenda creek b is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda creek b Click here to Send wakenda creek b a Private Message Click Here to Email wakenda creek b Find more posts by wakenda creek b Add wakenda creek b to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote