UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunting a pup with a silent mouth dog
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
krocket
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogs

quote:
Originally posted by davery
I don't get beat by them because I scratch them.
If I'm not mistaken you can't scratch them till the third tree in my country if a dog get by him or her self the hunt will be over time you go to the pack twice and to yours twice besides what does it matter a 100 thru 50 plus an 125 should always beat 25 plus 125 an I know it's against the rules but so is a babbler . No one never ask me how many I ran the night before they always ask me how many I treed

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2015 11:09 PM
krocket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for krocket Click here to Send krocket a Private Message Find more posts by krocket Add krocket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krocket
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
the only thing hunting a pup with another dog does is expose the pup to coon, its not to teach it how to track or how to tree.
although some dogs are silent because of genetics, some dogs become silent because they are smart and have learned if they keep their mouth shut they can ambush coon or they have learned they can slip off from the other dogs if they shut their mouth.
with that said,,, the only problem or sign I have seen with starting a pup with a silent dog is that even though the pup is in the woods hunting, it ends up just going to the other dog when the other dog gets treed because it has slipped off away from the pup..
if you keep the mind set that you are only exposing the pup to coon and break the pup off and hunt it alone once you see it is trying to get after coon because you have exposed it enough to coon that the pup now wants coon bad enough to hunt for them, you'll be ok using the silent dog to expose the pup to coon.
as with starting any pup with another dog , if you wait till the pup is tracking and treeing with the other dog you have waited way past the time the pup should of been singled out. coon dogs are bred to track and tree for anything they want bad enough. if you expose it to coon until it wants coon bad enough it will learn to track them and tree them on its own if given the chance to hunt alone. the longer you wait to hunt it alone the harder it will be to get the pup to go alone without you or the other dog going with it...

X 2 Very well said

Old Post 05-09-2015 11:17 PM
krocket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for krocket Click here to Send krocket a Private Message Find more posts by krocket Add krocket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gacoonchaser
UKC Forum Member

You can't prove it, must be tired of being beat like I said..

quote:
Hay Joe we stricken on third bark im not talking about semi opening dog, im talking about a dog that's falls treed with out opening on the ground.

PKC CH GRCH GRNITECH KY RIVER HOBIE

PKC CH GRNITECH KY RIVER BIG TIME BLACK JACK

HAVE COONS IN THEM TREES, THE REST FALLS INTO PLACE!!!!

Old Post 05-10-2015 05:21 AM
gacoonchaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gacoonchaser Click here to Send gacoonchaser a Private Message Click Here to Email gacoonchaser Find more posts by gacoonchaser Add gacoonchaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sscace
UKC Forum Member

silent

quote:
Originally posted by TailChaser95
Everyone loves the sound of a good race but a good silent dog will show you more coons and alot closer

Hunt a Cur

Old Post 05-10-2015 01:37 PM
sscace is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sscace Click here to Send sscace a Private Message Click Here to Email sscace Find more posts by sscace Add sscace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davery
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Most of Yall never had a good judge put on you are you wouldn't be hunting a silent dog.

Old Post 05-10-2015 01:44 PM
davery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davery Click here to Send davery a Private Message Click Here to Email davery Find more posts by davery Add davery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

Bunch of darn crybabies yall make me sick gripe gripe gripe so what if they dont open

Old Post 05-10-2015 03:16 PM
rthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rthompson Click here to Send rthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rthompson Find more posts by rthompson Add rthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markknepp
UKC Forum Member

quote:
If ukc don't tighten the rules up on these silence dogs that all we have in a few more years.

Sure hope this happens. That'd make my day.

Old Post 05-10-2015 06:08 PM
markknepp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markknepp Click here to Send markknepp a Private Message Click Here to Email markknepp Find more posts by markknepp Add markknepp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rthompson
UKC Forum Member

Then they should tighten up the babblin rules aswell. why would you complain about somebody takin last strike! A little retarded must have really poor dogs.

Old Post 05-10-2015 08:36 PM
rthompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rthompson Click here to Send rthompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rthompson Find more posts by rthompson Add rthompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote