UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Lake Huron Blueticks
Pages (18): « First ... « 16 17 [18]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

I haven't posted on here in a while. It's so much easier to post videos and pictures from the woods on my Lake Huron Blueticks facebook page. Had some good hunts over the past 3 weeks with Trueboy, he has looked especially good the past 2 weeks. Maggie was hunted a limited amount, but looked good at times. Needed more hunting, but time was a factor this year. Maggie is in heat and I'm heading to the far fringes of northern Wisconsin to bred Maggie to Pat Quaintance's Earl hound, a highly regarded big hound in that country. Pups will be on the ground in late January if all goes well.

Blueticks bred to run to catch and catch what they run!

"Believe in your greatness, honor your greatness, for the sake of ourselves and our children," Howard Glasser

“We are the free and unconquerable people of the United
States of America” - Eleanor Roosevelt, 12/7/1941

Last edited by Jim Bartley on 11-25-2016 at 09:50 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-17-2016 12:35 AM
Jim Bartley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Bartley Click here to Send Jim Bartley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Bartley Find more posts by Jim Bartley Add Jim Bartley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Well another Thanksgiving has come and gone. Hope everyone had a good one. Made the trip to Bayfield Wisconsin and back earlier this week. Maggie was bred twice to Pat Quaintance's Lake Superior Blue Earl (Mike Fairchild's Yankee Blue Slewfoot x Lake Huron Ormiston Stormcrow). If Maggie caught, we will have some pups on the ground around the 3 week in January 2017. I haven't posted any pictures on here in a while, or videos, as it is much easier to load them to my Lake Huron Blueticks facebook group page then to go through the hassle of loading them here. If you have facebook and want to be a member of my group, just do a search for me and ask to be a part of the Lake Huron Blueticks group and I will add you.

"Believe in your greatness, honor your greatness, for the sake of ourselves and our children," Howard Glasser

Old Post 11-25-2016 09:55 PM
Jim Bartley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Bartley Click here to Send Jim Bartley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Bartley Find more posts by Jim Bartley Add Jim Bartley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

I might be getting serious again about cat hunting. I got my bobcat tag yesterday. I ordered a new pair of Tubbs snowshoes, and looking to order a new pair of Dan's brair proof bibs. It been too long...

Old Post 11-30-2016 07:02 AM
hunter todd elk
UKC Forum Member

Hey Jim if you would shoot me your number got a few questions i would like to pick your brain on.

Old Post 12-04-2016 02:33 PM
hunter todd elk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hunter todd elk Click here to Send hunter todd elk a Private Message Find more posts by hunter todd elk Add hunter todd elk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all the feedback on the story Laura Bell did on me for the December Coonhound Bloodlines. I enjoyed doing it and thinking back on all then big game hunters and hounds that have influenced me and my breeding over the years. Without all the help an mentoring I've gotten over the years, I'd still be producing crap eaters... which in many ways I still am...

Old Post 12-10-2016 10:05 PM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Took Maggie for an ultrasound yesterday. She is with pups. Also found to have a bladder infection that is now being treated. Pups due around January 22, 2017.

Old Post 12-14-2016 03:33 PM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

I sold my young Abbey gyp recently, then turned around and bought back a 18 m/o female out of Trueboy x Maggie that is started and from the video I have on her, has the makings of a hard tree hound. We'll get Mist into the woods soon with Trueboy to see what we have.

Old Post 12-23-2016 05:45 AM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

To all my friends and followers of this thread, and to all your loved ones, Merry Christmas and best of wishes for the coming New Year .

Old Post 12-25-2016 04:52 AM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

I took Maggie for an x-ray today. It showed 8 pups coming in 7-9 days. I have 2 females and 2 males spoken for, and I am curious to see what she ends up having. I sold my Abbie gyp, then turned around and bought Mist, a female out of Trueboy x Maggie from the first cross born 5/10/2015. I've hunted Mist twice since getting her just before Christmas. Mist is showing to be a tree hound and she can figure out a track pretty well at this stage. If she turns out, I might make another trip to Wisconsin to see Earl later this year. Mist is in heat right now, but needs to prove more to me before I'd bred her. I had to put Trip put down last week. He was the last living hound I know of out of my Nt. Ch. Lake Huron Ormiston's Poorboy. He threw some nice hounds for bear and coyote that are still being hunted. Trueboy's sire was Ben out of Trip x Gertie. Trip was put to sleep and laid to rest next to Stormcrow on my property east of Deckerville. Also buried up there are Ghost, Poorboy, Lazy, Scout, Star, Gertie, Bruichladdich, Chase, Stormcrow, and now Trip.

Old Post 01-14-2017 01:24 AM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Pups finally came today. Seven fat Earl pups laying with Maggie tonight. Pray all make it as they are all spoken for at this time.

Old Post 01-25-2017 03:50 AM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

I had some folks back out on pups, so at this time instead of having my whole litter sold, I now have 3 females to sell. They are out of Pat Quiantance's Earl (Slewfoot x Crow) x Maggie. Bred for big game and coon. Very nice looking pups born 1/24/2017. $350.00 each. PM or e-mail me.

Old Post 02-01-2017 09:55 PM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

If everything works out, I only have 2 females left to sell. Let me know if you're interested.

Old Post 02-12-2017 01:30 AM
Santini 72
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 05-04-2017 05:29 PM
Santini 72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Santini 72 Click here to Send Santini 72 a Private Message Find more posts by Santini 72 Add Santini 72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Someone put this back up, thank you. Not much to tell. Tikka live for Sweden in 2 weeks if everything goes well. Ab will miss her a lot, as will Mist. Rick Guy over in western Wisconsin reports his Stella female (Ben x Crow - littermate to my Trueboy) was breed a couple days ago to Appel's Gunsmoke, who is heavy with Ron Taylor and Ed Mead's hounds. He didn't have the time to leave the cows to bred to Earl or one of Heff's hounds, so it will do. Hopefully she'll have a good bunch of pups. She's never whelped a litter before, so we will see. I hope to get a female for myself. It'll be an outcross, but I can bring a lot of males out of my stuff back to her if it all works out.

Last edited by Jim Bartley on 06-26-2018 at 04:01 AM

Old Post 05-05-2017 12:53 AM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Tikka (Lake Superior Blue Earl x Lake Huron Cardhu [Maggie]) is in Sweden. Thank you Tina Sjulander for flying across the pond to pick her new girl up! She is very happy with Tikka, and I am glad of that. I was able to take Tina to National Bluetick Days last weekend, where she was able to meet a lot of good Bluetick hunters and see some nice hounds. She was able to see her first bench show. Tina said she really enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing all those Blueticks. I talked with Guy Ormiston last night. Travis Black and I were texting about pups and he said Guy had an interest idea about breeding. I called Guy and found out he plans to breed a young gyp out of Irish Acres Topper x Lake Huron Ormiston's Stormcrow to Travis Duke hound. This should throw some good coon and big game hounds for sure. I hope to get my hands on a female pup.

Last edited by Jim Bartley on 06-26-2018 at 04:01 AM

Old Post 05-23-2017 03:47 PM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

I quit posting here because the pictures were locked. No they are not. Okay. I have 3 nice females, Maggie, Mist,and Ab. Maggie is the eldest and has been bred a few times with great results. I plan on crossing her again on Ken Hitchcock's Jake or Pat Quiantance's Earl one more time. Mist will be breed again to Ken's Huck again, or his Jake male. If Ab finishes out right, I will look to bred to her Ken's Jake. Big game and coonhounds flow off this blood easily. I have Rosebank (Black's Duke x Ormiston's Phryene) who is ready for the woods and will be a year old in December. She is from Guy Ormiston and is out of Maggie's sire and a dam out of a cross I made of Topper one old Stormcrow. Doubled up on old Sheba heavy. I also have a young firebrand of Mist x Ken Hitchcock's Huck that will be on bear and coon this summer fall. She is ready to knock the hell out of game. Left Eye, the chalk eyed daughter of Hellbound Huck. She is hell bound herself. Breeding females the end of October or November. The pups will go quick if all goes well.

Old Post 06-26-2018 04:01 AM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

I am still in business, still hunting. Have pups on the ground. Two males for sale out of my Trueboy and Left Eye. Left Eye is used on bear. Continuing to keep my hounds genetically back massed to Smokey River Diamond Jim. I have 2 females Mist and Rose, bred to Delong's Smokey with pups due January 27 out of Mist and 3 weeks later out of Rose.

Old Post 01-18-2020 11:49 PM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Got pups coming soon out of DeLong's Smokey (Earl x Maggie) x Mist (Trueboy x Maggie). Cooners and big game for bear, cat, lion, coyote, hogs, deer, jaguar, ocelot, etc.

Old Post 01-26-2020 03:40 AM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Got pups out of DeLong's Smokey (Earl x Maggie) x Rose (Black's Duke x Ormiston's Phyrene). Cooners and big game for bear, cat, lion, coyote, hogs, deer, jaguar, ocelot, etc. Born 1/29/2021. 3 males for sale and 2 females. $400.00. PM me or email me.Thanks.

Old Post 01-30-2021 10:35 PM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Got pups out of DeLong's Smokey (Earl x Maggie) x Rose (Black's Duke x Ormiston's Phyrene). Cooners and big game for bear, cat, lion, coyote, hogs, deer, jaguar, ocelot, etc. Born 1/29/2021. 3 males for sale and 2 females. $400.00. PM me or email me.Thanks.

Old Post 01-30-2021 10:35 PM