UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Building kennel panels?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

Building kennel panels?

Anybody ever built panels like the 10x10 ones out of treated wood? Don't like the metal BC the bottom poles always rust out and the size I'm needing I have never seen any for sale. Just looking at different options before I start something this spring.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2017 10:35 AM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

I redid my metal kennels out of 12 ft sticks of galvanized emt pipe from Home Depot 10$- piece and then rubberized under coated inside and then rolled Bedliner on outside !!! They should last longer then I have left !! Lol 99% of the problem with the lower rails is males pi$$ will eat them up but I did get about 8 years out of the original kennel panels Metal and I also wash them pretty much every day !!just a thought a pressure treated wood is also expensive aswell!! 571-233-5819 if you have any questions are would like pictures

Old Post 01-18-2017 11:01 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JR Collins
UKC Forum Member

I built my own Panels out of EMT conduit and a Roll of chain link fencing. All material were at Lowes. Spent around $ 150.00 on the Chain Link, Clamps, Hinges, and Corners. I get the conduit for free.
I'm working on the Drains right now in front of the Kennel to tie into my septic.

Old Post 01-18-2017 04:43 PM
JR Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JR Collins Click here to Send JR Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email JR Collins Find more posts by JR Collins Add JR Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

I agree with the emt but persoanlly like the welded wire moreso then chain link .

Old Post 01-18-2017 06:25 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckmaster27012
UKC Forum Member

yea i think that is the issue with my pens also. male dogs always on corner or side post and they just rust away. by my figures i can build 2 12x9 out of wood for less than 300 not including 2 doors. not too bad i think compared to what a 10x10 cost these days. how did you attach your fencing to the EMT conduit? thanks

Old Post 01-20-2017 01:31 PM
buckmaster27012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buckmaster27012 Click here to Send buckmaster27012 a Private Message Click Here to Email buckmaster27012 Find more posts by buckmaster27012 Add buckmaster27012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Seffern
UKC Forum Member

I did two center block high walls all the way around each 10x10 kennels minus the gap for the doors. In each corner I sank my emt corner post into the block then concreted them in with a roll over concrete cap at top of block so the piss rolls off. An 1.5" gap between top of wall and bottom panel post and used feed lot panels for my wire. These pens will last forever.

Old Post 01-21-2017 09:56 PM
Jon Seffern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Seffern Click here to Send Jon Seffern a Private Message Click Here to Email Jon Seffern Find more posts by Jon Seffern Add Jon Seffern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by buckmaster27012
yea i think that is the issue with my pens also. male dogs always on corner or side post and they just rust away. by my figures i can build 2 12x9 out of wood for less than 300 not including 2 doors. not too bad i think compared to what a 10x10 cost these days. how did you attach your fencing to the EMT conduit? thanks
I welded mine and also which I don't know because I obly have o e me now be he is just s pup I'm more a female guy but was told you can take a orange warning cone and just put in the middle and males will use those or just set another post for that in the middle ??

Last edited by POTOMAC on 01-21-2017 at 10:29 PM

Old Post 01-21-2017 10:22 PM
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

I have been thinking about getting some made out of stainless steel, we have a tig welder to make them ourselves, but the material will be expensive. They should last a lifetime though.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 03-26-2021 06:12 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

Local farm supply store here has horse panels made from the same heavy gauge wire as cattle panels. They're 6 foot tall and 20 foot long with the 2x4 pattern top to bottom for $100 each. Thats what im gonna use on my new kennels.

Old Post 03-26-2021 07:14 PM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote