UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cost to A.I.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AKE
UKC Forum Member

Cost to A.I.

Curious what the cost of A.I. was? I would have both a male and female on hand not dealing with Frozen semen. Got a 5 year old male that has never breed anything grand night champion ukc gold champion pkc brought him to his first female and he doesn't act interested. She started to stand for another male today. Would like to get pups out of him so A.I. might be the option.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-22-2021 12:52 AM
AKE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AKE Click here to Send AKE a Private Message Find more posts by AKE Add AKE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Cost 25 dollars at my vet in London ky. Very good suscess

Old Post 03-22-2021 09:02 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Lovis Burns

A I not DNA

Old Post 03-22-2021 01:16 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Cost to A.I.

quote:
Originally posted by Lovis Burns
The cost is $49.00.

Here is the link on UKC to purchase the test kit. I wouldn't go through your own vet. Because they probably don't use the same company as UKC. And if you did, then you would have to get it done again.

https://shop.ukcdogs.com/dna-kit-profile/

Good luck on your cross.

I think you read it wrong he ain’t wanting dna he is wanting to breed his dogs using ai.

Old Post 03-22-2021 01:46 PM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Do you own both dogs or is the male staying with you?

If so put them in the pen and leave them together for awhile but be close by in case things don’t go well.

If the male is not yours and you’re keeping him for a few days he may be distracted by new surroundings.

Has the male been bred to before? If this is his first stab he likely may be a bit awkward. If he’s in unfamiliar surroundings that can be intimidating for an inexperienced male also.

I feel it’s always better to take your female to the stud if possible. Especially if it’s his first rodeo!

Old Post 03-22-2021 03:23 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AKE
UKC Forum Member

Yeah I own both. Would like to get some pups out of him but he has never bred anything before. Like I said he's out of really good blood and he's **** good himself. Finally the right female came along that I think would be good to cross with him so I'll have to figure out something and was just thinking of other options.

Old Post 03-22-2021 05:10 PM
AKE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AKE Click here to Send AKE a Private Message Find more posts by AKE Add AKE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Otis Spunkmeyer
UKC Forum Member

If you have both male and female why would you not natural breed them ?

Old Post 03-22-2021 11:45 PM
Otis Spunkmeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Otis Spunkmeyer Click here to Send Otis Spunkmeyer a Private Message Find more posts by Otis Spunkmeyer Add Otis Spunkmeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AKE
UKC Forum Member

If he would stick her I would. Tried to assist but he still not getting it done.

Old Post 03-23-2021 12:16 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Last time we did side by side live AI it right around $100 total. That was a few years ago but it is pretty inexpensive.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-23-2021 01:43 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AKE
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the information. Called around going to go tomorrow side by side A.I. they said 150. Hopefully it produces a litter

Old Post 03-23-2021 03:40 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

A buddy of mine had a male that I wanted to breed a female to. He showed no interest and I thought something was wrong with him. Long story short, we found out that he somehow knew when a female was right and ready to breed and he wouldn’t play the game until she was ready. I would do the AI anyway if I were you, because the vet will also look at the semen before doing the procedure and you’ll know then if there are any other problems, but I would still try to get them bred naturally too. Good luck.

Old Post 03-23-2021 04:52 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

There are all kinds of videos on YouTube on this subject. Do it yourself if cost is a concern.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 03-23-2021 03:12 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

I’m guessing

The time isn’t right.

Old Post 03-23-2021 06:31 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AKE
UKC Forum Member

Time is right full standing 2nd day now. He has definitely picked up interest but I don't think he has got her breed by himself. They did AI today but only got about 2.5ml of semen out of him. Just gonna leave them together and guess will know in a couple months.

Old Post 03-24-2021 02:16 AM
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

Tell us —

What happens in 2 to 4 days😉😉😉

Still think you’re early

Old Post 03-24-2021 01:40 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Did the vet do a progesterone test? That is the only way to know if she is "ready". Most older males know when a female is ready. A lot of times if a male won't mount a female there is something wrong with her and she won't "take" even if you AI her. People always want to blame the male but most times he is trying to tell you that something just isn't right.
I had a female that I couldn't get a male to mount on 2 different cycles so on the 3rd, I took her and had her AI'd with frozen semen. She got pregnant and delivered 9 pups that all died on their first day. It was an expensive lesson. Some females aren't meant to be bred. Don't always blame the male.

Old Post 03-24-2021 01:59 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AKE
UKC Forum Member

Yeah he did she is ready. Today is day 14. You are correct the male knew more than I did because he didn't show interest until 2 days ago. The vet said he didn't think it was the males fault he said he's only seen a few female swell up as big as she is. He said he believes that's hindering him from making the tie.

Old Post 03-24-2021 02:35 PM