UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nolte
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: TT15 won't add to 320

quote:
Originally posted by jculler8
Nick,

You got to hold the power button on the TT15 while pairing with your 320 at the same time.

Thanks do you just turn them both on and hold down the buttons until they sync up.

Last edited by Nolte on 07-06-2017 at 02:33 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-06-2017 02:57 AM
Nolte is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nolte Click here to Send Nolte a Private Message Find more posts by Nolte Add Nolte to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nolte
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pztrailman
I don't think you can run it on a Astro and Alpha at the same time.

You can't use them at the same time but you can choose one or the other. That's what I'm trying to do switch it from an alpha over to an astro. I know I can do it with a 320 as I tracked my tt15 with it for the last two years. I switched it over to my alpha to use the vibration for my lab.

Last edited by Nolte on 07-06-2017 at 02:34 PM

Old Post 07-06-2017 02:59 AM
Nolte is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nolte Click here to Send Nolte a Private Message Find more posts by Nolte Add Nolte to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You can use a 320 on any collar. Like mentioned. It cannot be paired with and ALPHA and ASTRO at the same time.
If a TT collar is paired with and ALPHA and you want to add it to an Astro. Just go to add collars and follow instructions on screen. Once hooked to the ASTRO it will unfair itself from the ALPHA. Then to go back you do the same thing with the ALPHA. Pair it and it will unpair automatically from the ASTRO.

NOLTE the first thing you need to check is to make sure the 320 has been updated. They came out before the TT collars and need an update to work with them. That could be the issue. Second thing is to make sure the collar is in the pairing mode. That is holding the on button till it flashes fast and beeps.

Old Post 07-06-2017 12:36 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nolte
UKC Forum Member

Bruce,

Thanks for the reply. I have the most current software for the 320. I've tracked that exact same tt15 in the past on this 320 so I know it works. I just can't seem to get it to "find" it now. I'll try the pairing mode again outside to see if that will work. If that does not, would it make sense to do a master reset on the tt15 collar. I have updated the software on the collar as well.

I don't have any T5 collars but do they have a pairing mode as well? Just curious. I had many DC30s before and they were always really easy to add to a 320. Just turn them on and get them close. There wasn't any pairing mode to do.

Old Post 07-06-2017 02:38 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yes and please don't forget. Don't use a MAC computer to update your collars.

Old Post 07-06-2017 03:02 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

How does sleep mode work on the TT 15's?

Old Post 07-06-2017 03:13 PM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The TT 15 MINI has sleep mode and the TT15 full size does not.

Enter Sleep Mode
Before you can turn on sleep mode, you must track your dog's location using the TT™ 15 mini dog collar device.

When connected with the Alpha® handheld device, the TT 15 mini dog collar device can be put into sleep mode to conserve the battery when you are not actively tracking your dog.

Select Dog List.
Select a dog.
Select Show Info > > Collar Sleep Mode > Sleep.
On the Dog Info page, the Update Rate switches to Sleep Mode.

This is confusing because on Garmins Website they have instructions titled TT15/TT15 mini sleep mode. Can't believe everything you read.

It's even more confusing because the TT15 mini (don't know how long it takes) will automatically go into sleep mode if the collar is left on and the handheld is turned off. It is a battery saving function. Not to be confused with the STOP TRACKING mode you can also turn off and on.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 07-06-2017 at 03:50 PM

Old Post 07-06-2017 03:25 PM
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
The TT 15 MINI has sleep mode and the TT15 full size does not.

Enter Sleep Mode
Before you can turn on sleep mode, you must track your dog's location using the TT™ 15 mini dog collar device.

When connected with the Alpha® handheld device, the TT 15 mini dog collar device can be put into sleep mode to conserve the battery when you are not actively tracking your dog.

Select Dog List.
Select a dog.
Select Show Info > > Collar Sleep Mode > Sleep.
On the Dog Info page, the Update Rate switches to Sleep Mode.

This is confusing because on Garmins Website they have instructions titled TT15/TT15 mini sleep mode. Can't believe everything you read.

It's even more confusing because the TT15 mini (don't know how long it takes) will automatically go into sleep mode if the collar is left on and the handheld is turned off. It is a battery saving function. Not to be confused with the STOP TRACKING mode you can also turn off and on.

Ok thats what i was wondering cause i read it and like you said they worded it like both collars have that feature. I wonder why they only made the Mini be able to do that and not the full size.

Old Post 07-06-2017 04:18 PM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Duck and this is only a guess. I would think that since they advertise the mini as having shorter battery life they put this feature in it.

Was talking to Kevin today and we were discussing some of the complex features of the ALPHA. It is way overkill for most hunters. So the question is why? Having worked with engineers in a power plant for a long time I have an understanding that makes sense to me but might not be factual. I have seen a lot of engineers design something. They have an understanding that is beyond what ours will ever be. When they design something that is truly valuable to the hunter there is a cost associated with it. They, then because of their understanding say "With, what we just designed we can also make it do this and make it do that". The "this and that" only complicates things but since the money was spent and the "this and that" are added and promoted as a value to the product. When in fact, many times it just complicates it.

Old Post 07-06-2017 07:02 PM
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Duck and this is only a guess. I would think that since they advertise the mini as having shorter battery life they put this feature in it.

Was talking to Kevin today and we were discussing some of the complex features of the ALPHA. It is way overkill for most hunters. So the question is why? Having worked with engineers in a power plant for a long time I have an understanding that makes sense to me but might not be factual. I have seen a lot of engineers design something. They have an understanding that is beyond what ours will ever be. When they design something that is truly valuable to the hunter there is a cost associated with it. They, then because of their understanding say "With, what we just designed we can also make it do this and make it do that". The "this and that" only complicates things but since the money was spent and the "this and that" are added and promoted as a value to the product. When in fact, many times it just complicates it.

i see, i wish Garmin would do an update that would allow you to turn on or off the collars via through the handheld. There have been times i throw the collars on the dogs and forgot to turn them on and then i have to round the dogs up again and turn their collars on.

Old Post 07-06-2017 07:08 PM
bludog29
UKC Forum Member

Alpha quit showing tracks on map

It will show all tracks if I have map scaled down to 25 yards or less but anything over they all just disappear. I have alpha 100 with huntview. I've tried deleting all previous tracks and removing battery and turning back on. Thanks for any help in advance

Old Post 07-13-2017 06:20 AM
bludog29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bludog29 Click here to Send bludog29 a Private Message Click Here to Email bludog29 Find more posts by bludog29 Add bludog29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Do you happen to have previous downloadable Birdseye downloaded on the ALPHA? Select Map-Menu-Menu Bar-Restore defaults.

Old Post 07-13-2017 11:54 AM
bludog29
UKC Forum Member

Thank u! I will try this when I'm home from vacation. I didn't download Birdseye but the place I got it may have

Old Post 07-14-2017 02:57 PM
bludog29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bludog29 Click here to Send bludog29 a Private Message Click Here to Email bludog29 Find more posts by bludog29 Add bludog29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bludog29
UKC Forum Member

Thanks a bunch!!! That was it

Old Post 07-18-2017 01:42 AM
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

DC30

When I connect my DC30 to my 320 it says its been connected ,but when i go to dog info it has
Battery ?
GPS - no bars lit up
Comm- no bars lit up
Both red lights on collar have a steady blink.

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Old Post 08-09-2017 01:44 PM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Well it needs a double flash or triple flash for a satellite signal and then you should see some information on that page.
First thing I would check is to take the metal black plate off and make sure the white gps wire hasn't backed off just a little out of the plug. Don't unplug it, just push the rubber boot in. If it moves at all that might have been your problem and see if it starts double or triple flashing. If you have to unplug that wire be careful. Thousands have been damaged by people not plugging them back up right. There is a slight curve to the back of the black box and they plug goes in at a slight angle. Not straight in. Push it straight in and damage the connect and you can just throw it in the garbage.

Old Post 08-09-2017 03:04 PM
nkisamo1
UKC Forum Member

Collars

Bruce,

I have a TT5 collar that started doing the following a month ago and now my TT15 Collar is doing it.

When I plug it in to charge it beeps and starts flashing green like you turned it on. You can hold the power button down and it beeps and turns off and the red light comes on like it is charging. No matter how long you charge it the light never turns green to show it is full charged.

Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Nathan

Old Post 08-10-2017 06:24 PM
nkisamo1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nkisamo1 Click here to Send nkisamo1 a Private Message Click Here to Email nkisamo1 Find more posts by nkisamo1 Add nkisamo1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yes several. Look at the contacts on the collar and make sure they are clean. You might see one discolored. Even if the look clean they can get a glaze on them. Clean them with alcohol. It could also be the charger or the charging cable your using. Swap them around and see what that does. Later the charging cable has been causing some of this problem. Sometimes just taking them loose and hooking back up solves it.

Old Post 08-10-2017 06:33 PM
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Astro 320

How do I tell what version or update is on my 320? I found the MAPS and it has 3 listed..
Disabled-Worldwide DEM Basemap,NR

Enabled-MINOT,ND(WEST)
Topo US 2008
Disabled-Digital Globe
Demo,JNX

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Old Post 08-11-2017 12:10 AM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryan Vines
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, I have an alpha with a tt10 collar...for some reason my alpha will not let me move the training intensity past level 6. I can change from low, medium and high. My buddy can add my collar on his unit and go all the way to 18...

Old Post 08-11-2017 04:50 AM
Ryan Vines is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan Vines Click here to Send Ryan Vines a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan Vines Find more posts by Ryan Vines Add Ryan Vines to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Ray there are two different scales. You have traditional 106 and then you have 1-18.. Your 6 and his 18 is the same. Your 1 is his 3 your 2 is his 6 and your 4 is his 12 and your 5 is his 15. Hope this makes sense. Go to SETUP the TRAINING and then you see STIMULATION. It will show you which one is selected and to make a choice select the training button and it will have Traditional or Linear.
Mr treed. Go to menu menu then setup and scroll to the last item. That would be ABOUT the select it and it will tell you.

Each setting on the traditional is equal to what 3 x the number would be on Linear.

1=3
2=6
3=9
4=12
5=15
6=18

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 08-11-2017 at 02:26 PM

Old Post 08-11-2017 11:31 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I want to share with the group that next week Garmin will have a Software Update for the Astro 320 which will allow it to pair with the Driver Track 70 and also Fenix 3 and Fenix 5 watches. I think this is important to get out to the public because the Drive Track 70 is on sale right now with $100 off at most Dealers. Anyone with a 320 can now take advantage of their units pairing with the Drive Track and the Sale. The Sale on the Drive track ends 9-10-17 and it will go back up to $399.99

Garmin said they will be at AO and doing updates for anyone interested in getting it done there.

Old Post 08-25-2017 02:04 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, can you use the drivetrac as a regular trip GPS in your auto. I need a new GPS for my Jeep. Can I kill 2 birds with one stone?

Old Post 08-25-2017 02:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Richard it does a whole lot more. One of the best Navigation devices out there and you can even pair a back up camera or baby camera to it.

I like the fact that when I am in a strange town it will warn of of a school zone I don't see or a reduction in the speed limit I don't see. If your like me, when you travel to some of these hunts around the country you get out and do some sight seeing during the day. There are a lot of laws I broke, just because I didn't see a hidden speed sign or a school zone sign, while I was day dreaming about the hunt. lol There is one stop sign up in IN. that is hidden by an Oak Tree and I ran that one several times. The drive track won't spot the stop signs but will keep track of your speed and you see the box with the speed your traveling turn red when your going to fast.

http://www.conkeysoutdoors.com/cgi/...riveTrack-70LMT

Old Post 08-25-2017 02:47 PM
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

added a new mini t5 collar today, I can see it on the dog list but cannot see it listed on maps or compass page. How do I fix this, Thanks

Old Post 02-28-2018 02:18 AM
SEMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SEMO Click here to Send SEMO a Private Message Click Here to Email SEMO Find more posts by SEMO Add SEMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote