UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Big Game Hound Classifieds > 2 1/2 Year Old Plott Male Finished bear hound $8500
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CAGriffin
New UKC Forum Member

THE BEST I HAVE EVER OWNED 4 Year Old Plott Male Finished bear hound $5500

Hicks bred Brendal plott male finished. Extremely fast on track will rig from a box or strike from a lead. Good mouth and really good nose. He will finish any track you start him on and will do it with no other dogs. He will stay treed or bayed until you get there and hold it. Videos and pictures of him call or text at 864-723-0379

Last edited by CAGriffin on 01-13-2017 at 03:24 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-24-2016 07:09 PM
CAGriffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CAGriffin Click here to Send CAGriffin a Private Message Click Here to Email CAGriffin Find more posts by CAGriffin Add CAGriffin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEARHOUND
UKC Forum Member

Hicks Male

Just out of curiosity what is he out of

Old Post 06-29-2016 03:11 AM
BEARHOUND is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEARHOUND Click here to Send BEARHOUND a Private Message Click Here to Email BEARHOUND Find more posts by BEARHOUND Add BEARHOUND to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sgradyfarms
UKC Forum Member

Gold

He must be off of solid gold, to be worth that kind of money!

Old Post 06-29-2016 06:57 PM
sgradyfarms is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sgradyfarms Click here to Send sgradyfarms a Private Message Click Here to Email sgradyfarms Find more posts by sgradyfarms Add sgradyfarms to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

He better be able to load up the other dogs, drive the truck, keep other dogs in line, make a bear magically appear, and once its all said and done come back to the truck and carry me to the tree.

If they don't bay, they don't stay

Catch em and stretch em, tree em and free em

'PR' McPherson's Big Mouth Brandy

Old Post 07-03-2016 04:38 PM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CAGriffin
New UKC Forum Member

Apparently you have never hunted with a decent dog

Old Post 07-03-2016 05:09 PM
CAGriffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CAGriffin Click here to Send CAGriffin a Private Message Click Here to Email CAGriffin Find more posts by CAGriffin Add CAGriffin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Post a pedigree

Old Post 07-03-2016 05:18 PM
Blackjackplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackjackplott Click here to Send Blackjackplott a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackjackplott Find more posts by Blackjackplott Add Blackjackplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hunter
New UKC Forum Member

$$$$$

Griffin these dogs are real live track driving machines! I know I am fortunate enough to own one. Keep that dog and catch that percentage of game everybody's wishing they had on they're lodge pole, happy hunting!!!

Old Post 07-04-2016 03:43 AM
Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hunter Click here to Send Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Hunter Find more posts by Hunter Add Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thundervalleyou
UKC Forum Member

Finished beardog

It sounds like a lot of money, but if the dog does it and the man is willing show him, then it's not. There is a lot riding on the blood line, can he reproduce, does he hold up, etc.... It cost a lot to train, keep and feed any pup let alone a good one. We spend thousand working with dogs that don't make it. Could be a good investment for someone. I would spend the time hunting with this man and the dog before investing that kind of money, but might be a top hound...JMO.

Old Post 07-04-2016 11:02 AM
thundervalleyou is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thundervalleyou Click here to Send thundervalleyou a Private Message Click Here to Email thundervalleyou Find more posts by thundervalleyou Add thundervalleyou to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Well he's been on here an by phone for a pedigree, still don't know what the breeding is. If I was trying to sell a dog I put some effort into it an answer the questions that are being asked

Old Post 07-04-2016 05:56 PM
Blackjackplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackjackplott Click here to Send Blackjackplott a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackjackplott Find more posts by Blackjackplott Add Blackjackplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CAGriffin
New UKC Forum Member

Bloodline

On the top side he is Hicks bred and on the bottom he is millennium bred followed by an all grand pedigree. He was a natural starting track dog and was running tracks as a puppy and for a plott hound that's hard to find.

Old Post 07-12-2016 02:42 PM
justahunter
UKC Forum Member

Wow now I know what my dogs are worth !

Old Post 07-12-2016 03:42 PM
justahunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justahunter Click here to Send justahunter a Private Message Click Here to Email justahunter Find more posts by justahunter Add justahunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hickory
New UKC Forum Member

Re: Bloodline

quote:
Originally posted by CAGriffin
On the top side he is Hicks bred and on the bottom he is millennium bred followed by an all grand pedigree. He was a natural starting track dog and was running tracks as a puppy and for a plott hound that's hard to find.
I have four plott dogs all under 3yrs old doing the same thing you didn't win the lottery it's called putting them in the woods you come back to real world might be interested in the dog

Old Post 07-31-2016 04:36 AM
Hickory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hickory Click here to Send Hickory a Private Message Find more posts by Hickory Add Hickory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Do you have video of this dog doing it alone? Has he ever been caught by s bear ?

Old Post 08-03-2016 01:59 PM
dan w
UKC Forum Member

Well mr. CAGriffin you have been asked a lot of questions now the ball is in your court. !!!!!!

Old Post 09-05-2016 05:52 PM
dan w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dan w Click here to Send dan w a Private Message Click Here to Email dan w Find more posts by dan w Add dan w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Don't know what kind of hound he's got, but he sure is proud of it. I'm not sure why it's for sale or what its worth, but there are bear hounds that cannot be bought for that much. Although , personally I would not buy a bear dog with an all grand pedigree or coondog bred.

Old Post 09-06-2016 12:13 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEARHOUND
UKC Forum Member

Hicks Bred Dogs

I would say the Hicks bred dogs are used more on bear than they are actually coon hunted anymore I know people from everywhere come and buy them to big game hunt I have personally had several that have done very well easy started dogs that do a good job all you have to do with them from what I have seen is give them a chance and turn them loose they will do their part for sure.

Old Post 09-06-2016 12:17 PM
BEARHOUND is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEARHOUND Click here to Send BEARHOUND a Private Message Click Here to Email BEARHOUND Find more posts by BEARHOUND Add BEARHOUND to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zallison
UKC Forum Member

Bearhound I sent you a pm

Old Post 09-06-2016 12:38 PM
zallison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zallison Click here to Send zallison a Private Message Click Here to Email zallison Find more posts by zallison Add zallison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justahunter
UKC Forum Member

Bearhound you are right about the hicks dogs . the ones I have were all natural . I have sold a dog for 8000 before she was 5 and she could/can do it all with no help . she is a amazing dog and took that kinda money to get me to sell her and I kept breeding rights . but I was not trying to sell her . this dog Griffin is trying to sell could be one of those dogs I guess but a lot of time spent in the woods with the dog before throwing that kinda money around in my opinion .

Old Post 09-06-2016 01:28 PM
justahunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justahunter Click here to Send justahunter a Private Message Click Here to Email justahunter Find more posts by justahunter Add justahunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote