UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Big Game Hound Classifieds > These may make the best big game dogs ever
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

These may make the best big game dogs ever

I no nothing about big game hunting. I only coon hunt. I am very picky on my dogs as I am sure big game hunters are. I have been lucky to own some of the best coon dogs that several are household names. What I have is below.

2 year old Walker male. Only been coon hunted. Big mouth with endurance. Fault I got is he takes colder tracks than what I like. I enjoy a medium to hot nose dog and he is cold to medium. He moves a track one way and will generally tree the old coon he started. He will also strike out of box. I do not know if you can change him to bear but if you can he will be a dog that will start and old rough track and move it until it's time to turn in others on a good track. Not rough. Good tree dog but screams and squalls on tree. Plenty of endurance. Good feet. $1200

4 year old Walker male. Goes hunting good. Real mouth your buddies will talk about great locate solid tree dog. Medium to hot nose dog. Would prob not start old bad tracks but if you can get him on bear then he will definitely be at the front punching him when he gets turned in on good track Fault I have to him is he has been pack hunted most of his life and will not get split enough for my liking. Plenty plenty plenty enough hunt and speed $1500

Both dogs have been here a good while. I got the 2 year old at 11 months old. I have had the other 6 months or so. I will show these dogs on coon,but if you can switch either one of these to bear or cat I think you will have two top hounds. They both posess the abilities that my bear hunting buddies talk about.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-24-2016 04:34 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote