UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Itchy Coonhound
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kythunder
UKC Forum Member

Itchy Coonhound

English Redtick.....i was told from breeder they been eating Sportmix.....kept feeding him that.....had him on advantix 2 also.....got him at 7mnths old....at 1 yr old he itched soo bad hair was gone from some of his ears....places on belly, and places on 1 leg.

I thought he mighta had mange....sooo after research....i put him on brevecto.....hair seems to be back on ears now.....but he is still itchy.

He and the others now get brevecto.....once every 3 months.....ivermectin once a month......and goat wormer every 4 months.

My question is....am I doing it right or ???? Why he still itchy???

Putting him on Sportsmix whitefish no grain this week too.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-02-2020 06:01 AM
Kythunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kythunder Click here to Send Kythunder a Private Message Click Here to Email Kythunder Find more posts by Kythunder Add Kythunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I see on here that many folks use sportsmix...
I used it for many years and then my dogs started losing weight so I increased food intake for them...then I noticed dry skin and itchy...so bad that one got ear infection and was bleeding at both ears...

I swapped to Valu Pak blue bag and within a few weeks were back to their normal selves...

I would feed them probiotics so they can recover sooner if that is the problem...

Old Post 09-02-2020 11:43 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Leon Keys
UKC Forum Member

Allergies?

The dog might have allergies or canine atopic dermatitis. I have one that does and it took me a while to diagnose it. Apoquel pills or Cytopoint injections are the only solutions I am aware of.
-
https://www.cytopoint4dogs.com/why-...ASAAEgI8w_D_BwE

Old Post 09-02-2020 12:18 PM
Leon Keys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Leon Keys Click here to Send Leon Keys a Private Message Click Here to Email Leon Keys Find more posts by Leon Keys Add Leon Keys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote