UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pistol
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Highbawl10
22 Heritage pistol. Old knock off of the ruger single 6. Best value hands down. Takes a bit to get used to it but I hide hunt and that’s the only thing I carry. I’ve killed everything but COVID with that pistol. From coon to fisher, trapped coyotes to bear, Think it was under 200 and the thing takes a beating.

I would agree with this 100% until Ruger came out with the Wrangler. Priced slightly higher than the Heritage but MUCH better made and lighter weight because of the aluminum frame. It also comes in three different colors, black, silver and bronze.
I used a Buckmark for years, now carrying a SR 22 because of weight and great trigger.
Adios,
Gary

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-03-2020 08:38 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Roberson
I would agree with this 100% until Ruger came out with the Wrangler. Priced slightly higher than the Heritage but MUCH better made and lighter weight because of the aluminum frame. It also comes in three different colors, black, silver and bronze.
I used a Buckmark for years, now carrying a SR 22 because of weight and great trigger.
Adios,
Gary

Gary I just looked at the Wrangler. If I had known about it I would have purchased it rather than the heritage. I suppose you can drill and put a mount on for the laser dot. Trying to figure out if I can justify owning 2, lol.

Old Post 09-03-2020 09:32 PM
Preacher Tom is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Tom, I am sure there a way to do it. I am just shooting mine with the factory sights but then my trees are not very tall.
I also purchased one of the Single Ten's and while it is a much different animal, it has become my favorite .22 caliber handgun with the single action and adjustable sights.
I started a collection of all the Single action series, all stainless. The Single Six, Single Seven, Single Nine and the Single Ten. Love them all! I use the Single 9 when calling fox as I am pretty dang accurate out to 40 yards with it.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 09-03-2020 10:05 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIG-MAN071
UKC Forum Member

nylon 66 is good there light to carry

Old Post 09-03-2020 10:22 PM
BIG-MAN071 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG-MAN071 Click here to Send BIG-MAN071 a Private Message Click Here to Email BIG-MAN071 Find more posts by BIG-MAN071 Add BIG-MAN071 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gary Roberson

Gary, I recently purchased a Ruger GP100 22 10 shot double action stainless steel, a little pricey, but one heck of a pistol. I have a Smith model 617 10 shot 22 in stainless steel and I think that the Ruger is a little nicer. You need to add the GP100 22 to your collection. Dave

Old Post 09-03-2020 11:12 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Gary Roberson

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Gary, I recently purchased a Ruger GP100 22 10 shot double action stainless steel, a little pricey, but one heck of a pistol. I have a Smith model 617 10 shot 22 in stainless steel and I think that the Ruger is a little nicer. You need to add the GP100 22 to your collection. Dave

I may do that. Of course being from Texas and having relatives that were Texas Rangers back in the Old West, I have always loved the single actions.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 09-04-2020 03:13 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gary Roberson

Yes, I enjoy the single actions myself, but yet like the double actions.. You will like the GP100 in 22 and they make the SP101 in 22 8 shoot double action. Dave

Old Post 09-04-2020 08:08 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote