UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Old Frozen Semen Opportunity
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jerry Moll
UKC Forum Member

Old Frozen Semen Opportunity

Several years ago I saved some semen off GrNiteCh PKC CH Salt Creek Rapid River Sockett. I had planned to raise a few Sockett litters after I retired, but the reality is, I have no desire to raise any more puppies. I only have one Coonhound on the place and she’s directly out of Sockett semen. So, I am considering letting some of this semen go for the right pup deal, on the right kind of female. But, I would be very selective. If you have that special gyp and are interested, please let me know.

Sockett was born in January 1998, not long before Sacket Jr passed. I sold him as a weaned puppy and bought him back when he was over seven years old. He didn’t get to breed many females before he got old on me and before hunters realized just what kind of reproducer he really was. With only 235 pups on the ground, they won $114,982 in PKC and in UKC there were 13 GrNiteCh & 14 NiteCh. I realize that’s no record by any means, but some pretty stout percentages there. As you can see in his pedigree, Sockett was no fluke, he’s from a families of great Coonhounds and reproducers, both top and bottom.

* To answer a common question. Sockett’s frozen semen has been used twice, producing a total of 13 pups.

Last edited by Jerry Moll on 11-17-2022 at 10:29 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-17-2022 10:16 PM
Jerry Moll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry Moll Click here to Send Jerry Moll a Private Message Click Here to Email Jerry Moll Visit Jerry Moll's homepage! Find more posts by Jerry Moll Add Jerry Moll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote