UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The Missouri Coonhunter
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
harry harris
UKC Forum Member

Josh,

Someone mentioned hunt tests along with some other things that clubs could do to attract pleasure hunters and I was just trying to find out just how much interest there was out there for these activities.

The locals that did participate in your tests ....
were they members of your club or did they join afterwards? Did any join the State?

Concerning another thread about pleasure hunting I didn't receive a single pm about the tests and only one gentleman posted that he would attend these tests.

Hope this issue is discussed at the annual meeting. It may be better served on a club by club basis.

MISSOURI HUNTERS .... MORE INPUT PLEASE, ANY SUBJECT!

636 577-7070

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-04-2011 04:34 PM
harry harris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harry harris Click here to Send harry harris a Private Message Click Here to Email harry harris Find more posts by harry harris Add harry harris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmranch
UKC Forum Member

Harry, I have recently heard that some of the older hunters would like a senior hunt. I don't know if you can generate any interest or not. I would say that it should be a fun hunt with only trophies as prizes.

I can donate trophies some of my trophies for this hunt if it comes about. I don't think it has to be fancy, just a good time for them.

Lorretta

Old Post 01-04-2011 04:52 PM
mmranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmranch Click here to Send mmranch a Private Message Click Here to Email mmranch Find more posts by mmranch Add mmranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ST_CRK_KENNELS
UKC Forum Member

Harry.

They were members of the club, and most of them aren't members of anything else. They only came to support the club.

A few of the hunters were members of the state associations already.

There were a few non local hunters that attended 1 time then didn't come to anymore.

I know alot of people that said they would come, but when it came down to showing up they weren't there.

A couple of the locals that hunted in these hunt tests raise UKC Reg Curs. Neither State association offers anything for them to hunt in at all.

**'PR' JR'S SHOW ME BLACK SIS** Gr Nite Ch Isom'sTimber x Isom's Josie R.I.P.)
**CGN CGCH 'PR' S & JR's Show Me Bella**
**CNC 'PR' O'Neal's Locktite Little River D** (Co-Owned with Russell O'Neal)
(GrNite Ch Gr Ch "PR" Coulter's Timbuktu X Nite Ch Gr Ch CCH "PR" Little River Jessie Jr HTX)
**'PR' Stouts Creek Jessie II** (Gr Nite Ch 'PR' Isom's Show Me Black Timber x Nite Ch Gr Ch 'PR' Little River Jessie Jr HTX)
**'PR' Stouts Creek Gator**
**'PR' Stouts Creek Hooker**
(GrNite Ch Gr Ch "PR" Coulter's Timbuktu X GrNite Ch Gr Ch "PR" Faulkner's Amy)
SHOW YOUR DOGS ON THE TREE
NOT THE BENCH!!!!!

Last edited by ST_CRK_KENNELS on 01-04-2011 at 04:58 PM

Old Post 01-04-2011 04:55 PM
ST_CRK_KENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ST_CRK_KENNELS Click here to Send ST_CRK_KENNELS a Private Message Click Here to Email ST_CRK_KENNELS Find more posts by ST_CRK_KENNELS Add ST_CRK_KENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harry harris
UKC Forum Member

Lorrenta & Josh,

I REALLY like both ideas. I would love to see a Senior Hunt (60 & older) and a Cur Hunt held in conjunction. It would be an excellent way for the State to increase memberships and raise a little money.

A couple ads in Full Cry and the American Cooner and I think you would be surprised by the turn out. It certainly would be a good time and I think it would draw a crowd.

Let's bring it up at the annual meeting. Any club interested in hosting an event like this? Host club would need to supply plenty of guides!

636 577-7070

Old Post 01-04-2011 08:06 PM
harry harris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harry harris Click here to Send harry harris a Private Message Click Here to Email harry harris Find more posts by harry harris Add harry harris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midmohunter
UKC Forum Member

A few of us at Crawford County have been talking about having some hunt tests. I've been talking with a few others that have held the hunt test to try and figure out the best format for putting one on. I wanted to find out what has and hasn't worked for them so we could learn from there mistakes, or move forward with what works well. I am supposed to present all the ins and outs at the next club meeting, and the club will vote on if we will be having the hunt tests or not. I think I have enough people interested that we can probably get it passed to try a few. I will post the date of our next meeting when I find out when it is if anyone wants to come out and show there support for the hunt tests.

For those of individuals interested in a senior hunt the hunt tests may be the thing they are looking for. Granted you don't draw out into casts the same way, but it is a good way for someone to earn a title for their dog at a leisurely pace and should provide with some good old fashioned fellowship at the same time.

Mr. Harry Harris what position are you planning on running for? (If you don't want to post it on here I understand, and I'll wait for the meeting.)

Old Post 01-05-2011 03:56 AM
midmohunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for midmohunter Click here to Send midmohunter a Private Message Find more posts by midmohunter Add midmohunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harry harris
UKC Forum Member

When does Crawford County hold their club meetings?

midmohunter,

I haven't decided to run for any particular office at this time. I will play it by ear until the time comes. I have been ask by several people to run but I would like to see who is returning and who is running for what before I decide.

Got any suggestions?

636 577-7070

Old Post 01-05-2011 05:53 AM
ST_CRK_KENNELS
UKC Forum Member

Bobby

As far as a club stand point there is no loosing with a Hunt Test as long as you hold them when you already have a conservation permit. We sechduled ours inside the 10 day window that the permit allows and charged $8.00 entry. The club makes $5.00 per dog and UKC gets $3.00. Only problem we had is lack of interest, and we told everybody in the area from hide hunters to teh most avid comp hunters.

(GrNite Ch Gr Ch "PR" Coulter's Timbuktu X Nite Ch Gr Ch CCH "PR" Little River Jessie Jr HTX)
**'PR' Stouts Creek Jessie II** (Gr Nite Ch 'PR' Isom's Show Me Black Timber x Nite Ch Gr Ch 'PR' Little River Jessie Jr HTX)
NOT THE BENCH!!!!!

Old Post 01-05-2011 12:45 PM
ST_CRK_KENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ST_CRK_KENNELS Click here to Send ST_CRK_KENNELS a Private Message Click Here to Email ST_CRK_KENNELS Find more posts by ST_CRK_KENNELS Add ST_CRK_KENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

Harry I think you and wormy could get alot done together......you seem to Have alot of the same concerns ...

Last edited by smokin-1-mo on 01-05-2011 at 01:04 PM

Old Post 01-05-2011 12:57 PM
smokin-1-mo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smokin-1-mo Click here to Send smokin-1-mo a Private Message Click Here to Email smokin-1-mo Find more posts by smokin-1-mo Add smokin-1-mo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ST_CRK_KENNELS
UKC Forum Member

You got a very good point Chuck.

NOT THE BENCH!!!!!

Old Post 01-05-2011 01:02 PM
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

I would be honored to work with Harry in 2011.

Trader's Midnight Money RIP
Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 01-05-2011 05:17 PM
Wormy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wormy Click here to Send Wormy a Private Message Click Here to Email Wormy Find more posts by Wormy Add Wormy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midmohunter
UKC Forum Member

Harry, I don't know that we have a regular schedule for having meetings. I usually just get a phone call a few days before we have a meeting. Our president said something about holding one within the next couple of weeks. I'll post the date and time when I find out if you are wanting to come.

Josh, thanks for all the help and the tips you have given regarding the hunt tests. That was one of the things I mentioned. If we do it on the same permit the hunt test shows nothing but profit for the club.

Chuck, are you going to make it to this years meeting? Harry might need the extra votes.

Old Post 01-05-2011 07:01 PM
midmohunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for midmohunter Click here to Send midmohunter a Private Message Find more posts by midmohunter Add midmohunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ST_CRK_KENNELS
UKC Forum Member

Bobby if you have any questions about the Hunt Tests call me feel free to call me, I'll answer what I can.

NOT THE BENCH!!!!!

Old Post 01-05-2011 07:36 PM
jermey burns
UKC Forum Member

Why not have PKC hunts count as MCHF and MSCH points? I know of several hard hunters that attend several PKC hunts every month that may not go to 3 or 4 UKC hunts a year. If these hunts were counted I bet the membership of both org. would raise by 50% or bettrer. Just throwiong that out there.

Old Post 01-05-2011 09:00 PM
jermey burns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jermey burns Click here to Send jermey burns a Private Message Click Here to Email jermey burns Find more posts by jermey burns Add jermey burns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
THOMAS WILBERS
UKC Forum Member

JERMEY ! IT'S BEEN VOTED ON BEFORE , 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO ! AND WAS VOTED DOWN ! COME TO THE MEETING IN AUG. AT THE STATE HUNT AND BRING IT TO FLOOR TO BE VOTED ON ! THERE HAS BEEN SEVERAL OTHER HUNTER'S ASK ME THE SAME QUESTION ! TOM

Old Post 01-05-2011 09:37 PM
THOMAS WILBERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for THOMAS WILBERS Click here to Send THOMAS WILBERS a Private Message Click Here to Email THOMAS WILBERS Visit THOMAS WILBERS's homepage! Find more posts by THOMAS WILBERS Add THOMAS WILBERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by midmohunter
Harry, I don't know that we have a regular schedule for having meetings. I usually just get a phone call a few days before we have a meeting. Our president said something about holding one within the next couple of weeks. I'll post the date and time when I find out if you are wanting to come.

Josh, thanks for all the help and the tips you have given regarding the hunt tests. That was one of the things I mentioned. If we do it on the same permit the hunt test shows nothing but profit for the club.

Chuck, are you going to make it to this years meeting? Harry might need the extra votes.

Yes sir I plan to be there.....

Old Post 01-05-2011 11:50 PM
smokin-1-mo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smokin-1-mo Click here to Send smokin-1-mo a Private Message Click Here to Email smokin-1-mo Find more posts by smokin-1-mo Add smokin-1-mo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midmohunter
UKC Forum Member

Good deal Chuck. I'll see you there.

Burns, I have not ever hunted in a PKC hunt, but plan to soon. I think that would definately bring membership up if all the details could be ironed out.

Ol' Worm is probably sitting back just staring at that big wrench you just through into the pile right now. As usual you got him sweating bullets again. LOL

Worm you might want to extend the rental time on the community center. This could turn into a long one. Will we be discussing yearbooks again this year? LOL

Last edited by midmohunter on 01-06-2011 at 02:16 AM

Old Post 01-06-2011 02:12 AM
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

Leave it to my ol' buddy to put another log on the fire!!!

As far as the yearbooks not much to discuss except who is going to take care of it next year.

The State assn. allows any KC or ACHA hunt that is held on Fri or Sat night and it has to be advirtised in one of the magizines.

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 01-06-2011 03:07 AM
Wormy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wormy Click here to Send Wormy a Private Message Click Here to Email Wormy Find more posts by Wormy Add Wormy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

Will there be food at this meeting...

Old Post 01-06-2011 03:28 AM
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

Free Fish dinner at 5pm bring a covered dish if you want

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 01-06-2011 02:36 PM
JDC

Burns
I like that idea make weekend pkc hunts mchf pt hunts. That should raise the member ship and strengthen the organization. Might make more work for Tom though.

Old Post 01-06-2011 03:39 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harry harris
UKC Forum Member

I can understand PEOPLE having preferences and supporting those choices when it comes to different registries and their hunts. That is their right. "Don't like the party don't go"!

But I don't understand why a STATE ASSOCIATION would exclude a registry. I don't think it's fair to your membership or that registry.

Limiting association points to weekend events for all registries is reasonable, acceptable and fair to everyone.

But under the current setup your asking supporters of one registry (who are members of the state) to always "play away games", they never get to play home games.

JMO

636 577-7070

Old Post 01-06-2011 06:48 PM
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

I think the way the State Assn. does there point system is about the fairest way possible. Not everyone can make it to a weeknight hunt. There are pros' and con's to both ways and it will be a little more work for the sec.

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 01-06-2011 08:32 PM
rccoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Wormy, I got a question...Who is in charge of making sure UKC gets the pictures and info from the youth hunt? I mean UKC gives you 1 week to turn in your hunt report..Why not send the pictures and info in then!!!! Its pretty bad when the Arkansas State Youth hunt is 3 months later than ours and their pictures are already in the bloodlines!!!! Also, the boy from Doniphan who won the hunt last year...James Bland...Still hasn't received his jacket (2009)! These kids are the future of our sport and stuff like that is very important to them!!! Doesn't say much for our association in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home of:GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' LEA'S MOLLY ANN HTX
CH GRNITECH 'PR' WOLF CREEK DEISEL
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' TIMBER CRUSHING TOAD
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU

*WE USE AND RECOMMEND COMPETITION LIGHTS*

Old Post 01-06-2011 09:11 PM
rccoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rccoonhunter Click here to Send rccoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email rccoonhunter Find more posts by rccoonhunter Add rccoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

Our sec takes care of that stuff I will look in to it. I would of thought the pics went with the hunt report. And as far as how it makes our assn look, I take offence to that and most of our officers work very hard and maybe it was forgot, there is alot more work behind the seen than people relize and these positions are voted on each year and we have to beg someone to take the sec. job every year. Jim works very hard and maybe forget some stuff but I think we need to becareful or we will be begging again this year.JMO No harm ment. jUST HIT ME WRONG.

As far as the jacket goes that was Harrry Johnson deal if they cant find it we will make it right. You have my word on that!!!

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 01-07-2011 12:04 AM
rccoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Wormy didn't mean to offend anyone!!!! Trust me I know things are hard to get people to work together and do what they are supposed to do, but that's why someone needs to be appointed to have a certain job and when appointed they need to do and if they don't send them down the road!!! I was told that it was Harry's job on the jacket and I know that Warren has called several times to try and get the jacket for his boy and the last phone call he made, he was told Roy Brown had it!!! Just like he said night before last when we went hunting, what they don't realize is it's going on two years now and James has grown alot and probably won't even get to wear it and enjoy what that means to him!

Home of:GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' LEA'S MOLLY ANN HTX
CH GRNITECH 'PR' WOLF CREEK DEISEL
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' TIMBER CRUSHING TOAD
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU

*WE USE AND RECOMMEND COMPETITION LIGHTS*

Old Post 01-07-2011 06:25 PM
rccoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rccoonhunter Click here to Send rccoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email rccoonhunter Find more posts by rccoonhunter Add rccoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote