UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

Yea my dog treed a coon

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2014 12:32 AM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Plott55
Banned

While Hunting

Along in the 70's I lost a Plott female while hunting. About a month or so later we were out and when we got to the tree, one of the young guys said "Robert here's Molly" and sure enough the lost female was on the tree with the other Dogs.

Where she had been and what she had been doing was never known; BUT; that was a =STRANGE ENCOUNTER= that made me a happy man!!! Ole Molly is still ranked high in my memories of past dogs

Old Post 01-27-2014 03:10 PM
Plott55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Plott55 Click here to Send Plott55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Plott55 Find more posts by Plott55 Add Plott55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spookyhollowduk
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 01-29-2014 12:50 PM
spookyhollowduk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spookyhollowduk Click here to Send spookyhollowduk a Private Message Click Here to Email spookyhollowduk Find more posts by spookyhollowduk Add spookyhollowduk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

About 25-30 years ago my great-grandpa had a stud dog named McPherson's Roaring Hills Ross. There's a big pine thicket just down the road, behind my grandpas house. Well my dad came out of the house one morning and Ross was out there (they left him runnin loose on that small dirt road with no traffic). The dog had two leg bones but dad noticed the leg was wayyyy to long to be any animal. When dad got closer he realized the leg had scraps of blue jean on it. Turns out a man had killed his girlfriend and thrown her body out in that thick pine patch where nobody would find her. Nobody with any common sense would walk through that pine patch. Apparently he didn't take into account that Ross ran loose all the time

If they don't bay, they don't stay

Catch em and stretch em, tree em and free em

'PR' McPherson's Big Mouth Brandy

Old Post 01-29-2014 06:01 PM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hayne Culler
UKC Forum Member

Re: While Hunting

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Plott55
[B]Along in the 70's I lost a Plott female while hunting. About a month or so later we were out and when we got to the tree, one of the young guys said "Robert here's Molly" and sure enough the lost female was on the tree with the other Dogs.

That's a story with a good ending right there. That's awesome

Old Post 01-29-2014 06:27 PM
Hayne Culler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hayne Culler Click here to Send Hayne Culler a Private Message Click Here to Email Hayne Culler Find more posts by Hayne Culler Add Hayne Culler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ethan godfrey
UKC Forum Member

there is one place I hunt that is about 70 acres and I always heard weird noises in there but never thought much about it. one night me and a buddy let loose in there one night the dogs split treed and i saw a light between me and him that appeared to be a lantern not a beam. he claimed to not see it. two weeks later I hunted it alone and saw the light again twice on the way back in different spots that would of been too far from each other to not hear a person running. weirdest thing never saw again but have had other people tell me they always get an uneasy feeling about that woods.

Old Post 01-29-2014 08:45 PM
ethan godfrey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ethan godfrey Click here to Send ethan godfrey a Private Message Click Here to Email ethan godfrey Find more posts by ethan godfrey Add ethan godfrey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

Also one night I walked up on the mountain behind my house for a quick hunt. The wind was blowing pretty hard so I couldn't hear much around me. Well for some reason the dogs wouldn't go out and hunt like they always have. They just stood right near me. Well when I got up on top of the ridge I looked around and noticed eyeballs shinin in 3 or 4 places around me. Now the dogs never acknowledged anything. I know they couldn't hear over the wind but it was blowing right towards us so they should've smelled whatever it was. I watched for a minute and then out of the blue they disappeared. I waited for the dogs to go hunt and when I looked around again there was a set if red on both sides of me. Let me tell you, that was the fastest I've ever run.

If they don't bay, they don't stay

Catch em and stretch em, tree em and free em

'PR' McPherson's Big Mouth Brandy

Old Post 01-31-2014 12:24 AM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

This always cracks me up.

quote:
Originally posted by elvis
About 10 years ago my buddy Kenny, who was 6'4 and not scared of nuttin, and myself were out hunting and had turned a dog loose in a big patch of timber off an old gravel road .
It was late and had got deathly quiet and the coon were not moving very well.

After 15-20 minutes, our dog opens on a bad old track way to the east and opens occasionaly and finaly locates and trees.
I tell Kenny that theres another old road thattaway and I believe we could get closer, so off we go and sure enough when we get around to the other side we are a good bit closer,and we set off on foot to go to the dog.

We get there to find her treed on a big den tree but since it still had leaves on we started squalling and shining with dim lights, thinking it may be on the outside.
Im on one side of the tree closest to the truck and Kenny is on the oposite side, when I happen to notice a small dim light deep in the woods behind Kenny and it caught my eye because it was out of place. There were no houses or roads for a long way in that direction, so I watched it.
It would only stay on for 2 or 3 seconds and then be off for 10-15 seconds, but every time it came on it was closer.

Kenny is still blowin his squaller and looking for the coon totaly unaware that we have company comming from behind him. I just leave my light off and watch.

This goes on untill the last time i see the light it is no more than perhaps 20 feet behind him and then I never see it again.
Kenny has given up on finding the coon and comes to the tree, gets the dog, mumbles something about a den tree, hollars and asks me where im at cause ive got my light out, and walks over to me.
"who is that that walked in on us?" I asked him.
"Huh"
"Someone walked right in behind you over there" I told him"surely you seen it, heck it coulda tapped you on the shoulder".
He said"Schmucker, your crazy as he11,there is nobody over there"
I got my spotlight out and put it on the last place I had seen the light and when I did we see a figure step behind a big tree. So I just keep the spotlight on and walk over to the tree and this "thing" keeps moving around it to try and stay hid.
When I get right up to it, it is a full grown man in a alien/space monster costume,very realistic looking I mite add.lol
We try to talk to him, and ask him a few questions,but he refuses to say anything, he just stares at us.
Finaly I say, "well we gotta go" and away we went, and left him standing there, but I gotta say we kept looking over our shoulder and didnt waste any time getting the dog loaded and gettin outa there. lol

We drive a lil ways and neither one of us says a word, and finaly Kenny says, "Ill tell you one thing Schmucker, if that thing woulda said take me to your leader ,ida schitt my pants right there" rofl.

Absolutely a true story and I never did find out who it was or what he was doing out there, but I will never forget it.

Old Post 01-31-2014 01:46 AM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larry gray
UKC Forum Member

Me and a friend was out hunting and was standing waiting for the dogs to tree... i looked up in the sky and there was a light,, seemed like it was not to far away.. it made rapid movements up and down and side to side but there was no sound... we watched it for several minutes and could not figure out what it was,,, so i turned my nite light on and shinned at it and it just disappeared....

then another night we saw some fireballs moving across the sky,, like 6 of them,,they seemed pretty low again no sound.. as they got closer they was breaking up into smaller pieces,, they went right over us.. i figured they was meteors or something,, next day it was reported as space junk entering the atmosphere and several people reported it...

Old Post 01-31-2014 01:55 AM
larry gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larry gray Click here to Send larry gray a Private Message Find more posts by larry gray Add larry gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hardluck1972
UKC Forum Member

btt

btt

Owner: Randy Hester & Dan Mills(R.I.P.)

Home Of:
GRNTCH CH PR' INVADER (All Grand)
NTCH PR' DEAD CREEK RAIDER (INVADER X ABBEY)
DEAD CREEK ROSIE

Old Post 01-31-2014 06:10 PM
hardluck1972 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hardluck1972 Click here to Send hardluck1972 a Private Message Find more posts by hardluck1972 Add hardluck1972 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

Btt

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 02-08-2014 02:05 AM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

That alien story always makes me laugh too.

Old Post 02-26-2014 11:58 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nicanthony28
UKC Forum Member

My Uncle Garry and his buddies have a really good spot we always go to. We park on an old railroad grade beside a corn field. The grade is up along the road parallel to it. Two sides of the field are surrounded by woods, and two are along a road. We cut the dogs loose on the edge of the woods and sit on the tailgate and wait. If your light is turned off you'll hear something walking on the opposite side of the field. It gets louder and louder. Once its straight ahead of you on the corner beside where your at it comes straight to you. And gets louder and louder. When it gets right in front of you it's LOUD. Once it gets practically on top of you, your light turns on. If you turn the light off, it just restarts. If you turn you light back on when its a little far away, it'll stop. But once you turn it off it'll restart. Also one time hunting there they were crossing the field and all of sudden it almost seemed like day time. It got really bright, but it was just the field that got bright. It got really loud too like a hellicopter landing. There's always things you can't answer that go on there.

Old Post 02-27-2014 12:30 AM
nicanthony28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nicanthony28 Click here to Send nicanthony28 a Private Message Click Here to Email nicanthony28 Find more posts by nicanthony28 Add nicanthony28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

Elvis......that was prob Jim or maybe Beller tryin to rattle your cage....good thing it was you and not me......cause it woulda worked :/

Old Post 02-27-2014 04:06 AM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
archermn
UKC Forum Member

My dad's story

So he was out with my uncle and they pulled off the road grabed the dog and started down into the field. They were about 20 feet in and someone grabbed my dad's leg! After gathering themselfs they find out the guy is drunk off his a&&. Someone had offered him a ride home from the bar and rolled him, threw um in the ditch and left him.

Old Post 02-27-2014 05:01 AM
archermn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for archermn Click here to Send archermn a Private Message Find more posts by archermn Add archermn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-10-2014 04:53 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beamer
UKC Forum Member

Truth is stranger than FICTION

Years ago a friend of my was on his way back to his truck and came upon a N.C. Highway Patrol car backed off the road. This patrolman was in the back seat with a woman and he was giving her more than a TICKET!!!!! LOL

Old Post 03-10-2014 06:09 PM
beamer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beamer Click here to Send beamer a Private Message Click Here to Email beamer Find more posts by beamer Add beamer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

Any new summer stories out there?

Old Post 09-29-2014 03:34 AM
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

im glad you keep this going joe im wondering to if anything interesting happened this summer

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 09-29-2014 04:40 AM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SoIllcnhntr
We had a bluetick come into our tree one night.LOL

That is strange, you must of had a sandwich in your pocket or something. A blue dog surely wasn't after the coon! lol

Old Post 09-29-2014 04:22 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Game Warden

20 years ago, a buddy and myself were hunting off a newly built highway. We had just turned loose, and the dogs were paralleling the highway. I was flanking them along a pipeline to make sure they didn’t cross and get on the road. As I’m easing down the pipeline, I can hear something walking inside the woods between me and the highway. I figured it was a deer and wanted to see if it was a buck or doe. So I start easing up trying to get a look. As I moved pass, a brier thicket, my light hit a man in the face. That liked to scared me to death. He was a Game Warden, and had seen our lights from the road, and was trying to sneak up on us. We all had a good laugh after it was all over.

Old Post 09-29-2014 06:33 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pillarja
UKC Forum Member

Last year hide season my kids and I and 2 of my buddies went coon hunting. This was my buddies property with a nice cabin and plenty of food plots for the wildlife. We made our 1st tree 200 yards from the cabin so after we shot the coon out I told them I was going back to the cabin to use the restroom while they skinned the coon. On my way back to meet up with them I remembered my kid had this real ugly devil looking Halloween mask in the truck so I decided I was going to play a joke on them. The dog was running a track in the food plot so I got 6 corn rows in and started making my way toward them very quiet. When I got within 50 yards I was squatting down so they couldn’t see me, the dog came over to me and I must have scarred him silly cause he bolted out of the corn with his tail between his legs right to them. I could hear them saying what the hell got into him…I was holding in the laughter as they were trying to coax the dog into going back hunting.
I crawled to within 15 yards and I came crashing thru the corn on all 4 with that mask on right at them… one buddy screamed like a girl and the other one grabbed one of my kids and put him in front of him between him and I (claims he was trying to “protect” him. Loll)
I laid there on the ground laughing my butt off then it dawned on me how stupid what I did was…It was hide season and they had a gun if they would have heard me in the corn and the dog being so scared I could have got shot. We all laugh about it today & my kids love telling the story but I won’t ever do it again at least not during season. LOL

Old Post 09-30-2014 07:23 PM
Pillarja is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pillarja Click here to Send Pillarja a Private Message Find more posts by Pillarja Add Pillarja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hilltopkennels
UKC Forum Member

Pillarja that's a good one lol....when I was a kid a guy there was a guy we knew that had dogs and would hunt with us quite often but he was deathly afraid of the dark so at least once a nite we would get away from him a piece and hide with our lights off and he would flat loose his mind in a matter of seconds to the point he would start throwing things and all but cry...he was a good sport about it and we would always laugh about it but he never did learn

Old Post 09-30-2014 10:14 PM
hilltopkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hilltopkennels Click here to Send hilltopkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email hilltopkennels Find more posts by hilltopkennels Add hilltopkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

few years ago a buddy and I were pleasure hunting and we were surrounded by cops, come to find out the little cabin in the woods was a meth lab, with enough stuff in it to blow up a small village!!

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 10-01-2014 12:44 AM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chris mccowan
UKC Forum Member

I was

In a hunt one time and my dog left a tree...I swear someone whipped him off!

Old Post 10-01-2014 04:16 PM
chris mccowan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chris mccowan Click here to Send chris mccowan a Private Message Find more posts by chris mccowan Add chris mccowan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote