UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Plotts: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > Gr.Nt Moses' Prettyboy PoacherX Hicks' Saddleback Kate
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Gr.Nt Moses' Prettyboy PoacherX Hicks' Saddleback Kate

Bill Hicks has a few of these pups left. Some of them are the old time saddleback looking plotts. Kate is all Hicks' bred. Should make coon or bear dogs. Contact Bill Hicks at 423-368-1811. $250 either sex.

*NT.CH. MOSES' RUGGED RIDGE POACHER*

*GR.NT.CH. MOSES' PRETTYBOY POACHER*

*FCH CH GRNITECH SHATLEY LOBO*

http://www.poacherplotthounds.com/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-28-2015 03:59 AM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildcat3
UKC Forum Member

What age are these pups ?

Old Post 09-28-2015 03:42 PM
wildcat3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat3 Click here to Send wildcat3 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildcat3 Find more posts by wildcat3 Add wildcat3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pup age

Wildcat, Bill said these pups were 8 weeks old- He said to give him a call- Said he had 4 left-Thanks

Old Post 09-28-2015 09:12 PM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Can you post Kate's pedigree?

Old Post 09-28-2015 11:29 PM
Blackjackplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackjackplott Click here to Send Blackjackplott a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackjackplott Find more posts by Blackjackplott Add Blackjackplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pedigree

Kate is out of Hicks' Big Bad John and Hicks' Rough Ridge Sandy. John is out of Nt Ch Hicks' Sniper Duke and a female out of Gr. Nt. Hicks' Rough Ridge Stormy. Sandy was out of Hicks' Smokey Mountain L.J and Sniper Spook. L.J was out of Doug Hicks' Smokey Mountain Loud and my Nt. Ch. Rough Ridge Sadie female. Spook was out of Sniper Duke and a female out of Hicks' Smokey Mountain Loud. Sadie was also mother of my Nt. Ch. Rough Ridge Victor dog( daddy of Poacher). Doug always had powerful treedogs. His dogs could always compete with any mans and they were always naturals. He just didn't hunt them in the hunts. You will be better off to call Bill. I was just trying to give some history of these dogs.

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 09-29-2015 at 02:26 AM

Old Post 09-29-2015 02:18 AM
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Kevin

Old Post 09-29-2015 03:13 AM
Blackjackplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackjackplott Click here to Send Blackjackplott a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackjackplott Find more posts by Blackjackplott Add Blackjackplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drgowen
UKC Forum Member

New pup

On Tuesday of this past week I purchased a pup from Bill out of this litter. Fine looking pup and glad to get her. Bill had some nice looking pups and dogs.

Old Post 10-25-2015 12:29 AM
Drgowen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Drgowen Click here to Send Drgowen a Private Message Click Here to Email Drgowen Find more posts by Drgowen Add Drgowen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justahunter
UKC Forum Member

I have a pup out of Doug hicks bear and lou . he's a great looking and acting pup anyone know more of the sire and dam? I have not my papers yet . I also got two pups from Bill that are out of hammer and Maggie I like the way they are acting to .

Old Post 10-25-2015 06:23 AM
justahunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justahunter Click here to Send justahunter a Private Message Click Here to Email justahunter Find more posts by justahunter Add justahunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pups

Drgowen- I Appreciate you giving one of these pups a chance. I think you will be happy with it.
just a hunter- The daddy to Bear is a dog that is out of Bill's Duke dog and a female that goes back to Doug's Loud dog and my Sadie female mentioned in one of the above posts. The mama to Bear is out of my Poacher dog and Bill's old Zena female. Duke went back to Bill's two original registered dogs, he started with on the bottom side (Kawliga and Snoot) and went back to Frank Beldin's Bacon Creek dogs on the top side. My Poacher dog's daddy (Victor) was linebred heavy on Bill's Kawliga and Snoot. He carried Kawliga twice and Snoot three times close up. Bill often said Victor operated just like Kawliga when we were out hunting. Poacher's mother was out of Buckshot which also carried Kawliga and Snoot. (Of course these dogs all have had good outcrosses put in them from other good Plott stock along the way). This is one thing(in my opinion) that you HAVE TO DO is outcross when you need to. I don't want to get the mindset that my dogs are the only dogs that are any good. This leads to a dead end road. Just some info you asked for. Did not mean to get carried away.

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 10-25-2015 at 01:14 PM

Old Post 10-25-2015 12:32 PM
justahunter
UKC Forum Member

Thanks. I am bear and lion these pup how do you think they will fair?

Old Post 10-25-2015 05:08 PM
justahunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justahunter Click here to Send justahunter a Private Message Click Here to Email justahunter Find more posts by justahunter Add justahunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

lion and bear

Kyle they should do just fine on lion or bear. They should have good noses, trailing ability to get to the right tree and stay put till you get there. Should be able to catch game with them.

Old Post 10-25-2015 05:44 PM
justahunter
UKC Forum Member

Good to hear . I done a lot of research before deciding to get some hicks dog . I have heard and seen a lot of good. I have a 20 month old dollins hicks x rose of Alabamy female I like also.

Old Post 10-25-2015 10:43 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pups

Good deal Kyle-Good luck with your hounds

Old Post 10-26-2015 11:01 AM
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Sent you a pm

Old Post 10-26-2015 11:12 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pm

I returned your info Blackjack

Old Post 10-27-2015 01:43 AM
Drgowen
UKC Forum Member

Nice looking hound

Kevin, Prettyboy Poacher sure is a nice looking hound. The little female that I got from Bill sure is pretty. I have high hopes for her. She is black back with brindle trim.

Old Post 10-29-2015 02:44 AM
Drgowen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Drgowen Click here to Send Drgowen a Private Message Click Here to Email Drgowen Find more posts by Drgowen Add Drgowen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHAD E MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pup

I appreciate the compliment. I believe you made a good choice. Good luck with your pup. Kevin ask me to put this on here.

Old Post 10-29-2015 11:30 PM
CHAD E MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHAD E MOSES Click here to Send CHAD E MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email CHAD E MOSES Find more posts by CHAD E MOSES Add CHAD E MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pups

I talked to Bill this weekend. He said all these pups are sold. I appreciate the folks that gave them a chance.

Old Post 11-02-2015 03:17 AM
Drgowen
UKC Forum Member

Pup treed

On Thursday night the female pup out of this litter got on the tree with two of my big hounds and treed like a champ. My son and a buddy decided to take her hunting with them just to let her to tag along. When they walked in to one of trees with the dogs treed she got right between them and reared on the tree and started treeing and treed real hard. He videoed it with his cell phone. I know she was just mocking the big dogs but it makes me proud and looked so neat.

Old Post 11-14-2015 03:48 AM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pup

Sounds good Drgowen- I hope she makes you a good one

Old Post 11-17-2015 07:15 PM
Hayne Culler
UKC Forum Member

Any left?

Old Post 11-19-2015 04:23 PM
Hayne Culler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hayne Culler Click here to Send Hayne Culler a Private Message Click Here to Email Hayne Culler Find more posts by Hayne Culler Add Hayne Culler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hayne Culler
UKC Forum Member

Nevermind, I see it now

Old Post 11-20-2015 02:46 AM
Hayne Culler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hayne Culler Click here to Send Hayne Culler a Private Message Click Here to Email Hayne Culler Find more posts by Hayne Culler Add Hayne Culler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

pups

Hayne- I sent you a PM- Thanks Kevin

Old Post 11-20-2015 02:44 PM