UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Misty River Kennels

I started reading these boards a couple of months ago and really enjoy them. I enjoy reading about people having good dogs and their pedigrees. I have a couple of young dogs here and I thought I would start a thread on them and update it from time to time. They are both out of ole Dual Grand "PR" Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp. I think Tramp 11 is about 16 months old and Shadow is 13 months old.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-27-2014 02:27 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I got on the wrong board to start with, but I got your reply from over there, good to hear from you. Its been a long time.

Old Post 04-27-2014 02:37 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Tramp 11

I usually hunt these dogs one at a time. I hunted Tramp 11 last night. We made three trees. I shot the last one out to him. We havn't been able to hunt much here lately due to all this water and they say we have a lot more coming over the next two or three days

Old Post 04-27-2014 02:50 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Ed Mauney

I got your message on the other board, sure good to hear from you, I've been reading a lot about you. That Bobbie female must really be nice. I seems like she is winning everywhere she goes. What is she out of Mr Ed

Old Post 04-27-2014 10:36 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Jack

Good to see your thread on here. Good luck with your young dogs.

Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 04-28-2014 01:43 AM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Darren Hollis

Thank you Mr. Hollis for the kind words, I've been reading your thread on here, sounds like you have some mighty fine hounds

Old Post 04-28-2014 02:33 AM
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Looks like your gettin this thing all figured out! Take care, and talk to you soon.

Old Post 04-28-2014 02:39 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jack

I got a couple that can get a coon treed every now and then. I can only strive to have the success and impact on these ole blues as you have had over the years. I cull hard and have high standards and hopefully with a little luck , I can breed and hunt a good'un!!

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 04-28-2014 02:45 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Dog

Hey Mr. Jack, sure good hear from you! You know we kind a lost touch. For you young fellers out there this one hard coonhunter in his day and still harder than most!Bobbie is off Terry Tuckers Boomer dog and Mark Vandeventers Sadie Female. We get Lucky every once in a while with her. Ed

Old Post 04-28-2014 05:17 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Shafer
UKC Forum Member

Mr Jack

Good to see you on here!!! Hope all is well with the MS crew. For those that don't know this man he has owned more good hounds than most people will ever see. His females will be as good as his studs. One of the better females I owned was a female called Molly out of my Lady female and your Bullet male

Old Post 04-28-2014 11:03 PM
Charlie Shafer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Shafer Click here to Send Charlie Shafer a Private Message Click Here to Email Charlie Shafer Find more posts by Charlie Shafer Add Charlie Shafer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Bill Goode

I've been reading all these other threads on here and getting some ideas on how to do it. The Idea of putting the young dogs on here and telling how they are doing fron time to time mostly came from Mr. Steve Bankston's thread. I know Steve from way back when, and he tells about his pup good and bad. Thanks for the post Bill. Talk to you later.

Mr. Darren Hollis
I thank you again for the kind words. Sounds like you are doing it right Mr. Hollis and I'm with you if we breed them right where they can do their part and we get behind them and do our part, then we should all be able to hunt a good one.

Mr. Ed Mauney
Thank you for the kind words. I was thinking earlier today about the Chief 11 dog. Boy, I would surely like to have him back, could you imagine a pup off him and Bobbie. I've probably never followed a better one or one that I thought moe of than Chief 11.

Mr Charlie Shafer
Boy, you guys know how to make a man feel good."Thank you" Charlie, How have you been doing, man its been a long time. I'll have to ask you a few questions to kind of catch up on you. First, how is your dad, are you still hunting a lot, and how many good dogs do you have. Charlie I appreciate you. Take care

Old Post 04-29-2014 02:46 AM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Chief II

Old Two was one of the better ones I have had the pleasure to own. Every once in a while I still think I can hear him treed back there in the Pearl River swamp. I still thing he was the classiest tree dog I ever listen to. Two X Bobbie just might of worked we will never know.

Old Post 04-29-2014 10:34 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
byublue
New UKC Forum Member

misty river

jack I no you was well known but u been mist also. just letting u no I did talk to jermy and if its ok I will be your way next sat. thanks for your help and concern for my wife. she is doing well and coming back strong but still home watching the dog pen.

Old Post 05-01-2014 02:37 AM
byublue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for byublue Click here to Send byublue a Private Message Click Here to Email byublue Find more posts by byublue Add byublue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sleepy

That will be fine, just let me know about what time you will be here. They are fine pups. Glad I could help. I hope your wife continues to progress.

Old Post 05-01-2014 04:34 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Shadow

I hunted the Shadow dog last night, had a pretty good hunt. The first drop he hit a pretty good track, he started to move it out and hushed. I guess he had decided he was on the wrong end of it because the next time I heard him, he treed not far from where he had struck it. He had the coon. The next drop he hit a pretty good track moved it in about a hundred yards and treed up ma big turkey pine. I couldn't never get to where I could see the tree. so we loaded up and moved. The next drop he hit an old cold track, moved it in about 200 yards and treed. I don't much think he had the coon. I think he just did the best he could with it, but when you have as many leaves as we have on these trees and you can't see any better than I can. I just tell them we'll get him next time. The next drop he hit another cold track about 200 yards in and worked it up an old slough about another 700 yards.He was having a rough time with it. With all this water and mud all over everything where the river had flowed through the swamp for about a week. I don't see how a dog could smell anything. He was beginning to get in some real bad stuff. and I was afraid if he treed up in there that I wouldn't be able to get to him so I picked him up crossing an old four wheeler trail. We called it a night.

Old Post 05-01-2014 05:20 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Chief's Chief II

Mr. Jack I am not going to be at work tomorrow but next week I will put the picture of Chief's Chief II on here that you gave me. I had a great time hunting with you years back and still have the picture of the 11 foot Gator you sent me from the place we were hunting. Nice seeing you on here. My Lou female has some Chief's Chief II in her on the Bottom side through old Mary. Dave Woofter

Old Post 05-01-2014 07:27 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy ar
UKC Forum Member

Hi Mr Jack

Good to see you on here. Thinking of you the other day. Do you ever get Ricky and Billy to go hunting any with you. I see guys talking good about the dogs that Mr Jack has had and he has had some good ones. I bet he still has a pin full of good ones. The thing that comes to my mind when I think of Mr Jack Smith is not the dogs but how honest he has always been with me. If Jack Smith tells you something you can take it to the bank.

Old Post 05-02-2014 02:36 AM
randy ar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy ar Click here to Send randy ar a Private Message Find more posts by randy ar Add randy ar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Randy Arnold

Gosh, Randy you sure know how to make a guy feel good. Thank you for the kind words. Its been a long time. How are you doing. I see you are still breeding and hunting some good dogs. I see them on here from time to time, I see the Z at the end of their name and I know where they came from. I sure did like Sue-Z she was a good one. In answer to your question I never can get Billy or Ricky to go hunting. They say they are coming everytime I see them, but they don't ever make it. If I had known I would get to hear from all my ole friends I would have gotten on here a long time ago. I might even get to make some new ones. Most of the friends I have today are people I met through these ole blue dogs, and they are great people. Take care Randy I appreciate you. Jack

Old Post 05-02-2014 06:09 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Tramp 11

1st. drop, never got a bark. 2nd. drop tramp hit an old cold track. moved it down the branch a ways and come treed. I walked in to him ,he was treed up a big birch. The coon was just sitting up there looking at me. 3rd drop, Tramp hunted one direction came back in about 30 min. and went the other direction about 150 yrds. and stuck another cold track. He worked it for another 700 yrds. bumped a couple of trees but never settled, after a while I called him in and we called it a night

Old Post 05-03-2014 06:39 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Misty River

Nice to see this post. We don't see alot of Tramp blood up here probably because of the distance from there to here but I bet it is good stuff. Good luck with your hounds.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 05-03-2014 12:23 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Many know and have commented to the fact, Mr Jack Smith is one of the finest men God ever put on this earth, he will go out of his way to help anyone, here is a couple pics of dogs from Mr.Jacks Kennel.

Tramp X Skeeter

Lake X Doll III

Old Post 05-03-2014 12:42 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

The Smokey River Females

Mr Smith,
I Know that Tramp had Smokey River Breeding and you may know of these females that I see quite a bit in the Pedigrees in some of my dogs. Smokey River BB's J-Bell, NiteCh Smokey River JBells Be, NiteCh Smokey River Be's Kate, Smokey River Hoss' Blu Star, NiteCh Smokey River Be's Blue Jean, GrNite Smokey River Jean's Blue June. I see these females come up time and again and just wondering if you know about any of them. Any information would be appreciated. I have always liked this breeding and have an interest in the ancestors.
Thanks,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 05-03-2014 01:08 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Bill Goode

Thanks Bill for those kind words, my mother never talked about me so good. "Thank You" I only had them as pups Bill, you made them what they are. I appreciate you putting Dutch and Dixon on here. They look good. Looks like a lot of people are breeding their good females to ole Dutch. I can't think of a better one to breed to. Not because he came out of my kennel, but because he's got the best breeding behind him that I know how to do and he's got a great owner that people look up to and value his friendship. Thanks for the pictures Bill. Take care ---------Jack

Mr. Scott V.H.

Thanks for coming on here and posting up. Welcome anytime. Scott the females that you are asking about. I know some of them. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Jeans Blue June was a litter mate sister to Tramp. They were both out of Smokey River blue Spud and Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Be's Blue Jean. Jean was out of Dual Gr. "PR" Sextons Blue Jimmy and Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River J-Bells Be. Be was a littermate sister to Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River JBS Chief. They were both out of Nite Ch. "PR" Dryfork Blue Spud and "PR" Smokey River BBS J-Bell.The other females I don't really know Scott. You May talk to Mr. Craig Edwards He's pretty knowledgable on the Smokey River Dogs. By the way Scott I picked up a female yesterday out of your Hammerhead female and Mr. Bill Goodes Dutch dog. She will be one yr. old 5-5-14 I don't think she has been worked with very much, she acts good here around the house. I'm going to give her a chance I'll let you know how she does. Jack

Old Post 05-03-2014 07:07 PM
Jim Bartley
UKC Forum Member

Hope your doing well Jack. Been a while since I've seen you. Take care!

Blueticks bred to run to catch and catch what they run!

"Believe in your greatness, honor your greatness, for the sake of ourselves and our children," Howard Glasser

“We are the free and unconquerable people of the United
States of America” - Eleanor Roosevelt, 12/7/1941

Old Post 05-03-2014 07:35 PM
Jim Bartley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Bartley Click here to Send Jim Bartley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Bartley Find more posts by Jim Bartley Add Jim Bartley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Mr Smith

I need to come over and go hunting with you sometime. You probly don't remember talking to me about 16 yrs ago at a hunt. I was hunting a young dog that I called Moonshine. He went on to make a Dual Grand. You gave me a compliment on his looks and we talked blue dogs for a little while. I always appreciated how nice you were to take time to talk to me about your blue tick breeding philosophies. The little things we remember huh!!!
Hope all is well. Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 05-03-2014 07:36 PM