UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ammo shortage
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ammo shortage

I am seeing a lot of ammo shortage in my area, common calibers and even not so common calibers, everything from rifle ammo to pistol ammo. 9mm to 45 . You name it, it's in short supply and the scalpers are having a field day, jacking it up to 2 or 3 times the retail price and selling it. I sure hope this is NOT the case around the country, if so, it is a very bad sign. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-04-2020 09:56 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

AMMO

Dave
It's also going on in Texas,went four days last week to Academy n no 9mm. They open at nine, I got there at 9:05 n they had already sold out. I think someone there may be buyin it up? JesseJ

Old Post 09-04-2020 11:43 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JCaldwell
UKC Forum Member

It’s the same here in southwest Missouri at all the stores i have been to also all the online stores as well

Old Post 09-04-2020 11:48 PM
JCaldwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JCaldwell Click here to Send JCaldwell a Private Message Find more posts by JCaldwell Add JCaldwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

I stopped in Bass Pro in E. Peoria Il. I have more shells than they had on their shelves.

Old Post 09-04-2020 11:50 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jessie

Same here, what's even worse is that you can not find any on line and that's nationwide suppliers. Thankfully, I have a modest stock of the various caliber ammo I need on hand. It's the thought that ammo is drying up that concerns me, control the ammo and the guns are worthless. Hope it's just the panic buying phase and nothing more. Dave

Old Post 09-04-2020 11:51 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Dave your right about a shortage. It hit the hardest on the self defense rounds. 9mm, 223 and the ones in that category. It is now spreading to all ammo. Me and my Son took most of our private ammo and put on the shelf in the store because we were running short and couldn't get any. It flew off the shelf. I contacted an old friend a week ago and he had some. I took it to the store and it was gone in a couple days. Someone sees you have ammo and they are on the phone to friends but the time they get to their trucks.

Old Post 09-05-2020 12:14 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

There is no constitutional rights on ammo so there gonna take the ammo , no ammo no guns end of disscussion they win unless we as voters do something about it

Last edited by delta nightlife on 09-05-2020 at 01:03 PM

Old Post 09-05-2020 12:54 PM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Somewhere between 3 and 5 million NEW gun owners so far this year, all the libtard craziness sells guns and ammo

Old Post 09-05-2020 01:03 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by delta nightlife
There is no constitutional rights on ammo so there gonna take the ammo , no ammo no guns end of disscussion they win unless we as voters do something about it

They better know how to use theirs because I know how to use mine accurately!!

Tar

Old Post 09-05-2020 01:09 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Check your local army surplus stores, it's been a month but mine was fairly well stocked with ammo

Old Post 09-05-2020 01:16 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

399 and 102 makes 400 ok I get it now

Old Post 09-05-2020 01:18 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

Bruce, I just want you to know that I am very proud of your son Bruce Jr. and his service to the Law Enforcement Community, forgot to tell him personally as we talked mostly about the Garmin Alpha. You tell him that I Thank him for his service, I know that you are very proud of him. Dave

Old Post 09-05-2020 08:44 PM
justus
UKC Forum Member

Checked all major websites. Anyone know we’re you can order some 9mm shells?

GrNite-Queen of Diamonds-(GrNite TnT's Smokeman-Lesters Queen)

TK'S Turkey Cocks Slinger-(GrNite-Charlie Brown-GrNite-Queen of Diamons

Diamonds 14k-(GrNite-Days hardwood Lonzo-GrNite-Queen of Diamonds

Old Post 09-05-2020 10:53 PM
justus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus Click here to Send justus a Private Message Click Here to Email justus Find more posts by justus Add justus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

GunBroker.com

Old Post 09-05-2020 10:58 PM
JAH
Banned

This is why I always keep a few thousand rounds on hand at all times.If a shortage and can't get any I can fall back on my rainy day supply

Old Post 09-05-2020 11:36 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

JAH

Yes, that's fine with 22 ammo due to the cheap prices, it's much harder to do with centerfire ammo. Who would have thought centerfire ammo would be in short supply, not me, although in this time of unrest I should have anticipated a panic buying craze. 9mm costing 20 cents a ROUND now costs 80 to 90 cents a ROUND from scalpers reselling. Maybe the ammo makers will up their production and we will see the shortage decrease. Dave

Old Post 09-06-2020 03:08 AM
JAH
Banned

Dave

I stocked up a few years ago.Or starting stocking up I guess I should say.Not just 22 rounds either.Shotgun as well as plenty for every center fire I own.Now I will admit I only have 10 or so boxes for my .375 H&H magnum.But at a average cost of $100 for 20 rounds that one can get a little expensive.But the rest of my center fires I have 30 or so boxes for each.Other then 22's and shotguns I don't have two guns in the same caliber.So it can add up quick.But that is why i just get a few a month over the last 10 years or so.

Old Post 09-06-2020 06:37 AM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

JAH

You sound like a very wise man, hopefully, this shortage will play out soon. I have learned a lesson and if given the chance, I WILL stock up on several pistol caliber ammo. Is way better to not need it than to not have enough if times get bad. Dave

Old Post 09-06-2020 08:00 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, Dave. He has retired and back home now. We spent yesterday afternoon cleaning out the boat and getting our gear ready for some gator hunting next week. Good to see he has retired and decided to bring his family back to FL. They love the beach.

Old Post 09-06-2020 11:18 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

I know how happy you are having him back home close to you, I wish both of you the very best , go get them gators! Dave

Old Post 09-06-2020 08:06 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Try. GunBot 9mm pistol ammo. I been looking for ammo and been typing in WHATEVER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND LOTS OF SITES COME UP. Some are out of a lot of calibers , but if you look at a few sites you can find some of what you are looking for. Some are reasonable and others rip you off on price. At least I've been lucky finding some. Good luck!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 09-06-2020 09:22 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justus
UKC Forum Member

What site you used? I’ve clicked on em all and found nothing.

GrNite-Queen of Diamonds-(GrNite TnT's Smokeman-Lesters Queen)

TK'S Turkey Cocks Slinger-(GrNite-Charlie Brown-GrNite-Queen of Diamons

Diamonds 14k-(GrNite-Days hardwood Lonzo-GrNite-Queen of Diamonds

Old Post 09-07-2020 02:44 AM
justus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus Click here to Send justus a Private Message Click Here to Email justus Find more posts by justus Add justus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ammo shortage

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I am seeing a lot of ammo shortage in my area, common calibers and even not so common calibers, everything from rifle ammo to pistol ammo. 9mm to 45 . You name it, it's in short supply and the scalpers are having a field day, jacking it up to 2 or 3 times the retail price and selling it. I sure hope this is NOT the case around the country, if so, it is a very bad sign. Dave
Richard, are all of your guns loaded? If so that could be the cause of the ammo shortage.

Old Post 09-07-2020 03:39 AM
shadinc is online now Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Justice

You need to check out Mahoneys in Abingdon, they usually have ammo and limit purchases to be fair to all buyers. I bought some from their Johnson City Tn store. Dave

Old Post 09-07-2020 03:40 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donald Bergeron

Some of mine stay loaded, an unloaded gun is worthless.lol. Dave

Old Post 09-07-2020 03:42 AM