UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question about shooting coons
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by brujan182
Did he tell his momma that Josh?

Absolutely not. I don't know where he would come up with these strange ideas 🤔

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-13-2018 03:54 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Honestly I've always heard shoot the top coon to get the boar .I've rolled out countless sows . I think its another coon hunter wives tale.

How does an old woman's butt smell ?
Depends !

Old Post 01-13-2018 04:06 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TarheelBLue
UKC Forum Member

Shooting a boar coon

BTT

(Time for some fresh ideas!!)

Old Post 08-24-2020 01:01 AM
TarheelBLue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TarheelBLue Click here to Send TarheelBLue a Private Message Click Here to Email TarheelBLue Find more posts by TarheelBLue Add TarheelBLue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

If the bottom coon is facing down the boar will be on top, if it is facing up, the boar will be on bottom. He is trying to breed her, he will be behind her.

Old Post 08-26-2020 11:54 PM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

shooting coon

quote:
Originally posted by RLenhart
I always heard the boar will be usually be at the top of the tree and it always has seamed to ring true to me.

When growing up in Kanas there wasn't a closed season, but we didn't want to kill a sow as there weren't many coon in the area. From trial and error we discovered that the lowest coon on the trunk of the tree is the sow the vast majority of the time. The boar is usually out on a limb.

Old Post 08-27-2020 03:36 AM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
The perfect solution, don't shoot either. If your young dog needs more coon at the end of season time to up grade. and your old really don't need it.

Most states the season is still open when coon are breeding. So know need to get in a hurry and upgrade yet.

Old Post 08-27-2020 07:30 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
The perfect solution, don't shoot either. If your young dog needs more coon at the end of season time to up grade. and your old really don't need it.

That’s how I think also

Old Post 08-27-2020 08:31 PM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote