UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pup sick HELP
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

Pup sick HELP

I took my 2.5 year old dog to the vet Saturday and got him lined out and shots up to date. I also have a 8 month old walker pup that I ask the vet what shots she may need because the guy I got her off of said he had just wormed her. But he didn't say anything about shots. Well the vet said all she needed was a 7 in 1 and a rabies shot. Well I bought the 7 in 1 and I have to take her back for the rabies shot. But my ? is would a 7 In 1 shot make my pup sick? I gave her the shot on Saturday and ever since the day after I gave her the shot she has not acted right. She hasn't been barking and just lays around like she is sick. Today when I feed her she still had food left from yesterday and I filled her bowl back up. We went hunting tonight and she didn't even get away from the truck and went in the weeds and bedded up. The second drop I left her in the box and dropped my other pup and she treed a opossum and I let her out of the box and she followed me to the tree and didn't do a thing I shot it out to my pups and she wouldn't even look at it. I noticed when we got home and I put her up she hadn't touched her food. I shoveled around her dog box today and her pooh was solid and looked the way it should. If she don't act ant better tomorrow I think I'm gonna take her to the vet. I can't afford to loose her she is out of 2 world champs.... If you all have got any ideas please let me know. I already lost an old dog the other day and sure don't want to loose another....Thanks for any help..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2014 05:29 AM
hootowlman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hootowlman Click here to Send hootowlman a Private Message Click Here to Email hootowlman Find more posts by hootowlman Add hootowlman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

Re: Pup sick HELP

quote:
Originally posted by hootowlman
I took my 2.5 year old dog to the vet Saturday and got him lined out and shots up to date. I also have a 8 month old walker pup that I ask the vet what shots she may need because the guy I got her off of said he had just wormed her. But he didn't say anything about shots. Well the vet said all she needed was a 7 in 1 and a rabies shot. Well I bought the 7 in 1 and I have to take her back for the rabies shot. But my ? is would a 7 In 1 shot make my pup sick? I gave her the shot on Saturday and ever since the day after I gave her the shot she has not acted right. She hasn't been barking and just lays around like she is sick. Today when I feed her she still had food left from yesterday and I filled her bowl back up. We went hunting tonight and she didn't even get away from the truck and went in the weeds and bedded up. The second drop I left her in the box and dropped my other pup and she treed a opossum and I let her out of the box and she followed me to the tree and didn't do a thing I shot it out to my pups and she wouldn't even look at it. I noticed when we got home and I put her up she hadn't touched her food. I shoveled around her dog box today and her pooh was solid and looked the way it should. If she don't act ant better tomorrow I think I'm gonna take her to the vet. I can't afford to loose her she is out of 2 world champs.... If you all have got any ideas please let me know. I already lost an old dog the other day and sure don't want to loose another....Thanks for any help..
#1 whats her temp? #2 do you plan to get back on here ever ? especially if you do even have a dog and tell us crystal ballers out here what the vet found the problem to be? or do you plan to post a sick dog question and disappear?

Old Post 02-19-2014 05:44 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Pup sick HELP

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
#1 whats her temp? #2 do you plan to get back on here ever ? especially if you do even have a dog and tell us crystal ballers out here what the vet found the problem to be? or do you plan to post a sick dog question and disappear?

#1 I don't have a way to check her temp,# 2 I'm on here all the time. #3 I have 5 dogs and hunt probably more than you do. #4 I didn't ask for a smart butt remark or a crystal ball answer answer. I ASKED WOULD A 7 In 1 SHOT MAKE A PUP SICK? If you can't help an want to be a smart A just keep your comments to yourself. I just lost an old dog a few days back search" dang it, lost a good hound " and DON"T want to loose another. Thanks For nothing but making me mad. If I do take her to the vet YES I will post what they found. I just figured someone on here with more experience than me may be able to save me some money and actually MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.

Old Post 02-19-2014 12:42 PM
hootowlman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hootowlman Click here to Send hootowlman a Private Message Click Here to Email hootowlman Find more posts by hootowlman Add hootowlman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Pup sick HELP

quote:
Originally posted by hootowlman
#1 I don't have a way to check her temp,# 2 I'm on here all the time. #3 I have 5 dogs and hunt probably more than you do. #4 I didn't ask for a smart butt remark or a crystal ball answer answer. I ASKED WOULD A 7 In 1 SHOT MAKE A PUP SICK? If you can't help an want to be a smart A just keep your comments to yourself. I just lost an old dog a few days back search" dang it, lost a good hound " and DON"T want to loose another. Thanks For nothing but making me mad. If I do take her to the vet Y is the day you were talkinES I will post what they found. I just figured someone on here with more experience than me may be able to save me some money and actually MAY BE ABLE TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.
Cool man! whats her temp???? . you mean you can afford a ying dang doodle Garmin and can't afford a thermomometer???? Don't even think about starting in on me for I shall surely make you wonder, Why did I ever think about starting in on me. I don't care to hear another peep out of you until you report back on what the vet said . After all, tomorrow is another day ,Scarlet, and today is what you were talking about last night . So what did the Vet say?? or get lost.

Old Post 02-19-2014 01:05 PM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for answering my question. I bought the shot at the vet when I took my other dog on Saturday. She put it in a plastic bag with an ice pack and I gave it to her as soon as I got home about 30 min later. That has been 4 days now. As I stated before I lost my old dog last week and was wondering if the shot would make her this way or if I needed to take her to the vet. The only reason I asked was because I been laid off work for a month now and really don't have the extra money to take her. But thanks for responding..

Old Post 02-19-2014 04:34 PM
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pup sick HELP

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
Cool man! whats her temp???? . you mean you can afford a ying dang doodle Garmin and can't afford a thermomometer???? Don't even think about starting in on me for I shall surely make you wonder, Why did I ever think about starting in on me. I don't care to hear another peep out of you until you report back on what the vet said . After all, tomorrow is another day ,Scarlet, and today is what you were talking about last night . So what did the Vet say?? or get lost.

Dude you started from the get go by being a butt hole. If I was going to get on here and waste peoples time I wouldn't even bother with it. I don't know what your issue is but If your not going to help me then forget you pal. Don't waste my time with you smart mouth comments and I'm the smartest guy in the world but I can't answer a simple question. Don't make me laugh why would I give you free information as to what a vet said and it will cost me money. When you will not answer a simple question. Dude I'm 6' 4" and 250 you don't even begin to scare me. Just answer my question or SHUT UP. If you can't help don't respond...WOW!!! That should be simple for someone of your higher intellect.... Or so you would think.....I didn't start on you. You started and me with the first thing you responded with. With all the 1 2 3 crap......I was just asking a ? so sorry to offend you mister now it all.......I'm not on here to fight on the internet with an idiot. I'm on here trying to find out should I take her to the vet or will It pass with time because of the shot? I have been out of work for a while now and need to save as much cash as I can. Gas and vet bills are not cheap so If it will pass in time why waste money. That is all.

Last edited by hootowlman on 02-19-2014 at 04:53 PM

Old Post 02-19-2014 04:45 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

You really need to check for fever . It will tell us alot more . You can pick up a digital thermometer at Dollar General or Wal-Mart for a few $ . Vaccines can make a pup not feel well for a day or 2 .
You will check the temp rectally - just insert it about an inch . If your pup is not drinking you need to be forcing some fluids down her. Pedialite works best or even some gatoraid . Big syring w/ no needle and squirt it down her FREQUENTLY -if her temp is elevated . Dehydration is the # killer of pups .
Have you checked her stool again - is it still normal ?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-19-2014 06:28 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Normal temp for a dog ranges from 100.5-102.5 . Low body temps of 99 or lower are dangerous too & can be sign of extreme dehydration or the bodies lack of ability to control temp - a bad sign . Anything over 104 is really dangerous too .
Good luck w/ your pup hope everything is ok w/ her .

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-19-2014 07:10 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

Well guys I ended up taking her to the vet and she is acting a little better. He said she was running a little fever and her temp was 1.5 degrees high. He gave her a shot of antibiotics and something to lower her temperature. He sent her home with antibiotics that I have to give her 1 twice a day for the next week and a half. Also he checked and found that she had worms and gave her a wormer. The guy I bought her from said he had just wormed her when I bought her and thats only been 2 months ago so I guess he lied. But the vet told me to not give her the wormer for a few days until she was filling better. When I got her home she ate a few bites. So I hope she pulls out of it. I'd hate to loose her. Her dad Is 2013 ACHA world champ Trick Magic and her Mom Is Insane GI Jane. She hadn't been of the chain when I got her and she was starting to hunt pretty good. I would like to thank all those that tried to help me it is greatly appreciated....Thanks again..

Old Post 02-19-2014 08:14 PM
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

It's pretty common for one to feel bad for a day or so after the shots. I don't ever recall one staying down that long before. Hope the pup continues to improve.

As far as that other guy...ignore him. I have no idea what that was about. He evidently thinks someone on here (a moderator) is messing with his posts as he types them. Pretty sure he's been banned before and will earn that again.

Old Post 02-20-2014 01:12 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Vondo
UKC Forum Member

lol, they already banned him!! he was acting like that towards me earlier too

Old Post 02-20-2014 01:26 AM
Wes Vondo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Vondo Click here to Send Wes Vondo a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Vondo Find more posts by Wes Vondo Add Wes Vondo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

Well guys I went hunting tonight and when I came back and she is barking like crazy and had eat all of her food and is bouncing off the walls being a normal pup. So hopefully she is back to normal..

Old Post 02-20-2014 02:32 AM
DICK B.
UKC Forum Member

Glad your pup is doing better. I sold a guy a pup one time and I delivered it. It was in excellent health but did not have it's shots and I told him so. It was almost a give away. He said he had a 7 way shot in the fridge and wanted to give it to the pup before we took it off the tailgate. We did and a wk. later it was dead. I offered him his money back and he said no. He didn't know how old the shot was anyway and like I said ,it was almost a give away. I wish you the best of luck in the future with your pup. We should all remember to let what we're going to say run through our brain before we let it come out our mouths. God bless you and yours'.

Old Post 02-20-2014 04:54 AM
DICK B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DICK B. Click Here to Email DICK B. Visit DICK B.'s homepage! Find more posts by DICK B. Add DICK B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wes Vondo
lol, they already banned him!! he was acting like that towards me earlier too
Hopefully his been banned.He was on here earlier saying he ran a coon 9 miles ,That alone oughta get hin banned lol.

Old Post 02-20-2014 08:52 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

Guys she seems to be doing good now. I just went and feed my dogs and she was bouncing around and barking like crazy. I gave her food and she acted like I hadn't fed her in a month. Thank god she is looking good so far.

Old Post 02-20-2014 10:16 PM