UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hounds people or should I say jerks?!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ronald schultz
UKC Forum Member

Hounds people or should I say jerks?!

No matter how many times over the years it happens it still irritating! Scheduling not just hours but days ir maybe even a wee k sometimes to oblige a hound buyer and no show or even a call sometimes!!!! Also time and again , I tell myself don’t hold a pup but thenI visit with them and thonk ‘seem like nice enough person save it for couple weeks or knock some off price and then loose a good customer or maybe even new friend!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-03-2020 04:52 PM
ronald schultz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronald schultz Click here to Send ronald schultz a Private Message Find more posts by ronald schultz Add ronald schultz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Hello Ronald,

That isn't just hounds people. It is people today. Good thing is there are still kind, considerate, and respectful people out there. They aren't all extinct yet.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 03-03-2020 06:10 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I just bought a stall converter for my little truck from a guy on Facebook. I drove 1 1/2 hrs to pick it up. I talked to the guy for a while and you should have heard his stories about no shows and tire kickers. It isn't just coon hunters.

Old Post 03-03-2020 07:14 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ronald schultz
UKC Forum Member

Larry,Richard I know just can’t believe how dumb I am?!!

Thought wouldda figgered it out by now!😀 But Ido have to say and I say it very often “I have met some really good people and life long friends through these dogs!!!”

Old Post 03-03-2020 08:52 PM
ronald schultz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ronald schultz Click here to Send ronald schultz a Private Message Find more posts by ronald schultz Add ronald schultz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ronald schultz
UKC Forum Member

Richard! Last one could be your neighbor?!

Giving him some time but worried he wasted mine!! Atleast the dog is still here!! Had worse situations over the years!

Old Post 03-03-2020 08:54 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ronald Schultz

DO NOT let a few bad apples stink up your whole barrel. You have had good dealing with honest folks and they will ALWAYS outweigh the bad. If a man's word is no good, the man is no good. DO NOT let anyone cheat you out of your faith in the human race. I still trust people even though not everyone is trustworthy, I refuse to let a crook dictate how I treat Every one else. Dave

Old Post 03-03-2020 09:17 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ronald schultz
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir!

!

Old Post 03-03-2020 09:29 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Ron, the worst thing is when the dog is gone and you are waiting on the money. I learned that lesson a long time ago.

Old Post 03-03-2020 11:04 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Ronald are you not one of those jerks ....Just kidding, Integrity seems to just be a word anymore Trying to find a contractor that shows up is a feat in it self,

Old Post 03-03-2020 11:10 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ronald schultz
UKC Forum Member

Guess so!!

?!

Old Post 03-04-2020 01:59 AM
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

DO NOT let a few bad apples stink up your whole barrel. You have had good dealing with honest folks and they will ALWAYS outweigh the bad. If a man's word is no good, the man is no good. DO NOT let anyone cheat you out of your faith in the human race. I still trust people even though not everyone is trustworthy, I refuse to let a crook dictate how I treat Every one else. Dave!

AMEN!!

Old Post 03-04-2020 11:19 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

Beware of so-called friends out there as well! You know the type. The ones who only call you if they need a favor, or they're down on their luck. Some of these people will sit out there, and think of different ways to lie, cheat, and screw their buddies. Usually, giving someone the benefit of the doubt, is setting yourself up to getting screwed. I'm one of the dumb ones, who gave the benefit of the doubt, and it cost me, big time!

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 03-04-2020 03:55 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Proffitt

Remember this a true friend will NEVER ask you to do something that's going to cost you big bucks, or anything that puts you on the spot. Never risk anything you can not afford to lose, consider any risk a loss and make your decision/s based on the fact you ARE going to lose that amount. Once again, never RISK any amount that you CAN NOT afford to lose, "friend" or no friend. Dave

Old Post 03-04-2020 08:38 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bob logan
UKC Forum Member

no shows

i know the feeling Ron

Old Post 04-03-2020 03:14 AM
bob logan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bob logan Click here to Send bob logan a Private Message Click Here to Email bob logan Find more posts by bob logan Add bob logan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Same here I paid for AI breeding to male dog guarantee live litter. Female didnt take first time. So was suppose get pup out future cross on stud instead of breeding Been 3 years and $500 later no pup or breeding and cant get guy answer text or phone calls. Dont know what pisses me off more being lied to and burned or me allowing it happen. Maybe I get lucky and bump into him at big hunt and we cant talk about it.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 04-03-2020 03:45 AM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Davidestep9024
UKC Forum Member

I’m only 32 and what little wheeling and dealing experience I have compared to most, seems to get worse and worse. It’s crazy.

Old Post 04-03-2020 05:36 AM
Davidestep9024 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davidestep9024 Click here to Send Davidestep9024 a Private Message Click Here to Email Davidestep9024 Find more posts by Davidestep9024 Add Davidestep9024 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bruce Proffitt

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Remember this a true friend will NEVER ask you to do something that's going to cost you big bucks, or anything that puts you on the spot. Never risk anything you can not afford to lose, consider any risk a loss and make your decision/s based on the fact you ARE going to lose that amount. Once again, never RISK any amount that you CAN NOT afford to lose, "friend" or no friend. Dave
Just happened to me but I can live with it if they can!

Old Post 04-03-2020 02:55 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bruce Proffitt

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards

Well said.

Old Post 04-03-2020 11:34 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Everybody needs to pay attention to this post. Cheapest education you're gonna get. Last weekend saw my first honor system yard sale. Knowing how good the honor system works bet some good buys were got there.

Old Post 04-04-2020 01:39 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I thought the same thing but like a few have said it’s just how the world has let its people become. A mans word use to mean more than any amount of money. Now days as long as they got a dollar they are worshiped by many no matter if you lied cheated or conned to get it. I don’t understand these times and try not to think about it, but around here you get 1 strike. If you tell me your gonna be here or your gonna do something and you don’t do it I’m gonna not only remember it but remind you and everyone else how sorry of a human being you are every chance I get.

Old Post 04-04-2020 11:51 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
I thought the same thing but like a few have said it’s just how the world has let its people become. A mans word use to mean more than any amount of money. Now days as long as they got a dollar they are worshiped by many no matter if you lied cheated or conned to get it. I don’t understand these times and try not to think about it, but around here you get 1 strike. If you tell me your gonna be here or your gonna do something and you don’t do it I’m gonna not only remember it but remind you and everyone else how sorry of a human being you are every chance I get.
I like your one strike rule,I'm about the same way plus I tell everyone I know you don't keep your word,I understand things happen but you can pick up the phone.......just saying

Old Post 04-05-2020 12:02 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote