UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The wife and the skunk
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

The wife and the skunk

Last night I turned my young female loose. She struck out in corn and strolled on in there and then wham caught him on ground. I went in and petted her.

Next drop turn her loose and gets struck right out box drives a track and then wham catches another, BUT...

It was granddaddy skunk. She not only caught it but she bathed in it somehow. Pepe Lepew, the famous cartoon skunk, didn’t even have this much aroma. And, I immediately knew my next young phenom was not too intelligent to put herself or me through that.

As she came merrily back in, not only did she come in she brought her new chew toy. It was havoc upon the olfactory sensories.

I got her to lay it down with the tone of the collar, I opened the box door and stood back as she loaded and away we went.

However, in this ordeal this scent has settled on me, in my company truck, and permanently embedded in my nostrils I fear.

I get home put dog up jump in the shower and head to bed. And, I must say after the shower I smelled peachy clean to myself. That was about to be under scrutiny

I walked into bedroom, laid down, and was reaching over to kiss the wife on cheek. In mid reach the wife sets straight up and says, Whewww what do you have on you, oh my god get out of our bedroom!!! I said honey what are you talking about? At this point she is coughing, gagging, and from best I could tell trying to find something to beat me with. All I could do was laugh and that was the wrong thing to do.

Long story short, back to shower then to couch because the wife threatened to kill me if I came back to bedroom.

Funny part of story was this morning getting ready to go to work. I obviously still had the same aromatic effect on her and the kids. And, I had to hear all about it.

But, she said Billy you crazy joker. I never know when your coming home or what you are going to smell like but I would rather you come home smelling like a skunk than perfume.

I got a good wife like most of y’all but the smell last night it’s a wonder she didn’t shoot me.

Last edited by high ridge on 07-18-2018 at 03:07 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-18-2018 03:05 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Yea my young dog got one about 2 weeks ago I washed my tracking collar outside with my remedy that usually works put the collar in the garage my wife wakes me up the next morning hollering there's a skunk in the garage lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-18-2018 03:19 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

What do you use to wash with?
I got to do something to collar, truck, dog box. I have caught a lot of skunks but this one is unreal

Old Post 07-18-2018 03:26 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Peroxide X baking soda don't use much baking soda it will foam up like we used making volcanos when we were kids lol. When it quits foaming a little water they still when they get wet gonna stink a little. We used to hunt a ranch in Texas we treed a lot of coons in rock holes just put on the welding gloves and pull them out I bent over and there was a skunk in on got me right between the eyes man I was sick lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-18-2018 03:33 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Don't take up trapping, my husband smells like lure for weeks.
A couple of yrs ago, we were taking a bobcat we caught down to show his dad and we saw an Amish guy along the rd that we know. We stopped to show him the bobcat and he asked if we caught a skunk, too. My husband just laughed and said "no, that's me."
We add a little Dawn dish soap to tje peroxide and baking soda

Old Post 07-18-2018 04:17 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Skunks

This is too funny, my walker X house dog has gotten it twice in 5 days. Last time I let him out and I thought he had a possum cornered underneath an old ice fishing shanty sled, dummy me took a board and lifted it up and he went in and came out shaking the darn thing, not a possum. The good is he killed it , bad is I had to give him another bath and took him to the groomers for a second bath.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 07-18-2018 11:31 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Billy Carter

Had a buddy that made the mistake of taking a skunk sprayed Garmin collar into his basement. Wife had a fit, stunk up the whole house. Lol. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 07-19-2018 at 02:08 AM

Old Post 07-19-2018 01:05 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Billy Carter

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Had a buddy that made the mistake if taking a skunk spayed Garmin collar into his basement. Wife had a fit, stunk up the entire house! Dave

My husband did the same thing in our master bath thinking if he shut the door I couldn't smell it. Collars get sprayed down with lemon juice and get put in a bag with baking soda.The last one he hung in a tree in a Wal-Mart bag so the pups running loose wouldn't it chew them up till the smell was gone. He wants it charged he can run an extension cord!
High ridge your story is priceless and nearly every coonhunter has been in the same boat.
Jen

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-19-2018 01:17 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Best thing to do is put on gloves, take your collars off and hang them outsides to air, leave the rest of your clothes there too. A couple days later I gather the clothing and wash them a couple times. take a long hot shower and wash your hair several times. That stuff just has to wear off.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 07-20-2018 09:04 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Best thing to do is put on gloves, take your collars off and hang them outsides to air, leave the rest of your clothes there too. A couple days later I gather the clothing and wash them a couple times. take a long hot shower and wash your hair several times. That stuff just has to wear off.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 07-20-2018 09:04 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Regular old white vinegar works pretty good. I keep a couple gallon jugs on hand for this scenario. Use the vinegar while you’re in the shower the acid helps neutralize he odor that is why the tomatoe juice will help a little

Old Post 07-21-2018 04:01 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
It must be pretty smelly around your house if you wait a couple of days to take a shower. LOL

Old Post 07-21-2018 04:05 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Peroxide X baking soda don't use much baking soda it will foam up like we used making volcanos when we were kids lol. When it quits foaming a little water they still when they get wet gonna stink a little. We used to hunt a ranch in Texas we treed a lot of coons in rock holes just put on the welding gloves and pull them out I bent over and there was a skunk in on got me right between the eyes man I was sick lol.

Tar

peroxide baking soda and dawn dishwashing liquid. the dawn removes the oil from the spray

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 07-30-2018 02:57 AM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

LOOK DADDY, KITTIES!!

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 07-30-2018 10:59 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Doug

THATS PRICELESS! Dave

Old Post 07-30-2018 11:32 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

ss

Reminds me of when my brother and I found a road kill skunk on the road in alabama. It was Sept. and we were just starting back to school. I got a stick and got the skunk into a jar and rested it on the back bumper of my 51 DeSoto. We went to the school bus which was parked in a field and I dumped that skunk under the back seat. The next morning some guys were commenting on something stinking. That afternoon, after setting in the parking lot all day, no one would even get on the bus. my brother and I could hardly contain ourselves. The school had to get us another bus.

Old Post 08-01-2018 07:59 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

This past season, my hunting buddy and I were on the way back to the truck. I was leading a dog and had a young dog running loose. We were in sight of the truck when the young dog winded something a ran in some bushes. The wind was blowing towards us. In just a few seconds I knew what she was after. Called her out and got her stinking butt loaded in the truck and went home. Took my hunting clothes off and left them in the old trailer where I keep them and walked into the living room with the clothes that I was wearing under my hunting clothes. My wife has a bloodhound nose and in a matter of seconds all hell broke loose. She said if her washing machine smelled like a polecat I was going to buy a new one! The next morning when I opened the door of my truck I understood all the hell raising. I had to charge the garmin collar on the back steps for about 2 weeks.

Old Post 08-01-2018 08:43 PM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote