UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Let's Discuss Performance Program
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
Itll help attendance

I disagree. I for one would never hunt in a nitech cast again if they go to 10 wins to grand. Heck I might not now.

UKC has some great events. World hunt. Slams. Went to a 100 slam a few weeks ago. Drew more dogs than regular hunt

Lone Pine North

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-31-2018 10:57 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Pine JB
I disagree. I for one would never hunt in a nitech cast again if they go to 10 wins to grand. Heck I might not now.

Why?

Old Post 07-31-2018 11:29 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

I just don't see a big reason to finish a dog to grand unless I want a bunch of guys to breed to it. And I really don't care if anyone does or not.

I prefer the rules and atmosphere of the the other registry. While they could certainly use changes as well. Again, I really enjoyed UKC slam hunt a few weeks ago, and would certainly do that again. 90 minute casts. Winner moves on or splits so you're not at mercy of the guide. Countdown on trees. Everyone was top notch sportsmen.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 08-01-2018 01:02 AM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by K. Singletary
That is the exact setup of another kennel club who has almost dropped off the face of the earth.

They had dropped off the face the earth before they ever got started. They cared zero for the coon hunters and it showed. Remember paws? Their registration process was a nightmare and 1/2 of the dog that were registered where denied. Not a good way to try and grow a program.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-01-2018 02:02 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Itll help attendance

I think you are way off. At one point in time a dog needed a UKC title but that's not the case anymore. At one point in time the only pedigree that mattered was the UKC pedigree, that's also not the case anymore. If those statements are true, the only thing the hunter gets out of attending more UKC hunts is spending more money. You said, it's all about the money, so by using your own logic why would attendance increase when the hunter will have to spend more money to get less in return. I just don't think the value of the UKC title today is enough to make a man enter a dog in 20+ hunts to title it.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 08-01-2018 02:19 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
They had dropped off the face the earth before they ever got started. They cared zero for the coon hunters and it showed. Remember paws? Their registration process was a nightmare and 1/2 of the dog that were registered where denied. Not a good way to try and grow a program.

They had their issues but the prize package of their initial world hunts generated a bunch of interest.

Old Post 08-01-2018 02:22 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Singletary, why do you have to send in a copy of your UKC papers/pedigree to register a dog in that other Kennel Club? I wonder why you can't just send in a copy of your PKC papers to register a dog in UKC?

Old Post 08-01-2018 02:51 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by K. Singletary
I think you are way off. At one point in time a dog needed a UKC title but that's not the case anymore. At one point in time the only pedigree that mattered was the UKC pedigree, that's also not the case anymore. If those statements are true, the only thing the hunter gets out of attending more UKC hunts is spending more money. You said, it's all about the money, so by using your own logic why would attendance increase when the hunter will have to spend more money to get less in return. I just don't think the value of the UKC title today is enough to make a man enter a dog in 20+ hunts to title it.
If Performance point values increase, why would anyone not attend more hunts? UKC titles dont mean as much anymore because lack of attendance makes them much easier to obtain. If points have an increase in value the $ hunters will be more motivated, same as they were a decade ago..

Old Post 08-01-2018 02:52 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Mr Singletary, why do you have to send in a copy of your UKC papers/pedigree to register a dog in that other Kennel Club? I wonder why you can't just send in a copy of your PKC papers to register a dog in UKC?

What does that have to do with a dog having a title?

Old Post 08-01-2018 03:58 PM
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
If Performance point values increase, why would anyone not attend more hunts? UKC titles dont mean as much anymore because lack of attendance makes them much easier to obtain. If points have an increase in value the $ hunters will be more motivated, same as they were a decade ago..

So, you are going to increase attendance and increase the value of the performance point. The early payouts were due to 2 years in the initial pot without a payout and fewer dogs earning points because they were all pups. That was the best case scenario for the program, the current pot would have to be 3 or 4 times it's current size to get back to those early point values.

Old Post 08-01-2018 04:39 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Not sending out checks under $50 will put thousands into the fund before the year starts. With slight increases across the board the pot will more than double. No matter what they do hunter numbers will not double, but increases in payout will draw more hunters..

Old Post 08-01-2018 04:49 PM