UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > red eagle dick
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brettlil
UKC Forum Member

red eagle dick

Just curious is red eagle Dick related to oak hill red eagle drive, oak hill red eagle butch or lamberts red eagle Casey? I have a older female that's is line bred with this red eagle blood and she is a outstanding hound. She has a cold nose and loud mouth. she is works a track better than any dog i know. all i have a 3 gen pedigree so i cant see very far back. i got her from off of black mountain,nc but im not sure where she orginally came from. she is a nitechamp and i gonna try to finish her grand this year. she has two wins toward grand.

Home of:
NiteCh PR pure country lady

PR Saluda River Hammer

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx66/brettlil17/utf-8BSU1BRzAwNDMuanBn-1.jpg

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2010 11:10 PM
Brettlil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brettlil Click here to Send Brettlil a Private Message Click Here to Email Brettlil Find more posts by Brettlil Add Brettlil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

the traits of cold nose,loud mouth and superb tracking ability is how most red eagle dogs are described that come from gary hern's line of red eagle dick dogs. .
acha world ch gr ch gr nt ch red eagle dick was the true real deal coondog..

Last edited by toe cutter on 10-22-2010 at 06:30 AM

Old Post 10-17-2010 01:12 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dragonslayerrb3
UKC Forum Member

drive is out of butch who is out of casey who was out of dick

Old Post 10-17-2010 01:38 AM
dragonslayerrb3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dragonslayerrb3 Click here to Send dragonslayerrb3 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonslayerrb3 Add dragonslayerrb3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brettlil
UKC Forum Member

well that sounds a lot like how she is. she rarely follows strange dogs. 9 out of 10 times when trees, she is spilt off from the group. i might get the 7 gen pedigree on her. she just turned 8 years but still has a ton a drive her. she is not the fastest out there but she got alot of young pups started for me. im not sure if its that she has such a cold nose or just alot of experience but last weekend at a nite hunt she treed a coon up in a river birch tree and the none of the other dogs even barked at once. the other dogs are nite champs, so i know they can get it done. all the guys were giving me a hard time by telling me that it has to be a possum, cat or just some trash just because their dogs wouldnt tree. the tree was big and full of leaves, so when i got there i had some doubt but i shined it anyways and after a few minutes of looking, i saw him laying on a big limb. i pretty sure that he didnt walk that night. this has happened a quite a few times. i know when she strikes, she is on a coon, but sometimes there aint no telling how far away he could be. she is honest, hard hunting solid coondog. The best ive had up to this point.

Home of:

PR Saluda River Hammer

Old Post 10-17-2010 01:38 AM
Brettlil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brettlil Click here to Send Brettlil a Private Message Click Here to Email Brettlil Find more posts by Brettlil Add Brettlil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HistoryNutt
UKC Forum Member

1981 ACHA World Champion Hern's Red Eagle Dick

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Old Post 10-17-2010 08:45 AM
HistoryNutt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HistoryNutt Click here to Send HistoryNutt a Private Message Click Here to Email HistoryNutt Visit HistoryNutt's homepage! Find more posts by HistoryNutt Add HistoryNutt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

Hey Btett sent ya A PM..

Old Post 10-17-2010 03:08 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Val Nelson
UKC Forum Member

Red Eagle Dick

Dick is a direct son of Gr Nite Ch Mears Finley Dan and Mother Gr NiteCh Herns Crowding Cindy which was out of
worlLd Ch Vances Crowding Billy Vallen Nelson Little Walnut Kennels

Old Post 10-19-2010 03:09 AM
Val Nelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Val Nelson Click here to Send Val Nelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Val Nelson Find more posts by Val Nelson Add Val Nelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stranger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
logans wild clovers mother was also out of finley river dan.

Yup and her full littermate Easy Goin Eileen placed first at the ACHA World Hunt (Another World Champ out of Dan).
My friends and I recently bred my female to some 15 year old semen that shows both Logan's Wild Julie and Easy goin Eileen as well as Finley River Dan twice in it's three generation pedigree.

Old Post 10-19-2010 03:48 AM
Stranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stranger Click here to Send Stranger a Private Message Click Here to Email Stranger Find more posts by Stranger Add Stranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carlhorseman
UKC Forum Member

stampers red eagle

i hunted with stampers red eagle almost his whole life he was a 4 way grand champion and by far the best dog that i have hunted with. he had a great nose and new how to use it. great lay up dog he would tree coon that other dogs didnt know a coon was around. great dog to be around love to hunt and never ran off game if other dogs were he would come to you. you could send him back in and he would tree. just a great dog tree dog with the best locate, im not a handler at all and i put some of his wins on him he made you a good handler thats for sure. and Randy, toe cutter has that line going thats for sure. his old dog has done a great job keeping that line going even at 13 years old but he is running out of lead in his pencil. thanks randy for keeping it going if you can get a hold of a mack pup you better. thanks for reading Carl

"MANNING KENNELS"

"HOME OF"

"""NT.CH DEUCES WILD"""
"""NT.CH BAWLING CRICKET""

Old Post 10-19-2010 03:14 PM
carlhorseman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carlhorseman Click here to Send carlhorseman a Private Message Click Here to Email carlhorseman Find more posts by carlhorseman Add carlhorseman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dperry
UKC Forum Member

Red Eagle Dick was the prettiest and best sounding tree dog I have ever hunted with.

Old Post 10-20-2010 03:36 AM
dperry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dperry Click here to Send dperry a Private Message Find more posts by dperry Add dperry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brettlil
UKC Forum Member

Well all this sounds like good news. I had no idea that my old hound came from some of the most outstanding hounds around. I never have herd of any of the blood in here on any site or herd people talk about them so i just figured she came from some regular coondogs. i reckon it pays to ask questions. Thank you everyone for such great information. Toe cutter, if you could send some juice from your old male down here, we can keep a good bloodline going. my hound should be going to heat around feb. Just gimmie a hollar sometime and we see what we can get worked out.

Home of:

PR Saluda River Hammer

Old Post 10-20-2010 05:18 PM
Brettlil
UKC Forum Member

okay i got another question about accuracy. I hear people talk on the classified section saying their dog is 60-70 % accurate and stuff like that. Is that telling me that they slick tree often, or does that count den trees, or something like that? When my hound trees i have no doubt that there is a coon up it, period. Now i cant blame her if the tree is hollow or have a den. she doesnt know that. Even if the tree is full of leaves, or whatever the stituation may be, i would bet there is a coon up it. I have never been to a tree after the leaves fell off, and not found a coon. he jumped to another tree or something but he is always there. So is my dog 100% accurate or would you count a den tree against her? She has never treed a empty tree, since ive had her. i know it may happen but it just hasnt yet.

Home of:

PR Saluda River Hammer

Last edited by Brettlil on 10-21-2010 at 01:05 PM

Old Post 10-21-2010 12:43 PM
casey brown
UKC Forum Member

I have a GR NT Male that is grandson of Sackett Jr and Great Grandson of the Red Eagle Dick. He is real independent, loud and accurate.

Old Post 10-21-2010 02:36 PM
casey brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for casey brown Click here to Send casey brown a Private Message Click Here to Email casey brown Find more posts by casey brown Add casey brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brettlil
UKC Forum Member

this is her

Home of:

PR Saluda River Hammer

Old Post 10-22-2010 12:07 AM
Brettlil
UKC Forum Member

oh yea i almost forgot that i was on a coonhunting site, i got to show a tree picture, lol. this tree was leaning over the river.

Home of:

PR Saluda River Hammer

Old Post 10-22-2010 12:20 AM
StraightDrive
UKC Forum Member

Here is a pic of ladys dad.

Owner / Handler:
Larry Puckett

HOME OF:
GR. CH."PR"DEADLY PETEY UKC 1st. place( SIRE=Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch.PR Mc's Deadly Hitman / Dam=Ch.Nt.Ch.PR Beard's Stylish Magic) (Gone but Not Forgotten)

GR.NT.CH PR Spades Nite Heat Sky (Gone But Not Forgotten)

Old Post 10-22-2010 12:59 AM
StraightDrive is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StraightDrive Click here to Send StraightDrive a Private Message Find more posts by StraightDrive Add StraightDrive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

I have 40 years of Walkers behind me. It is not because they can't take an old track, because they can, and it is not because they are so slow that they let a coon beat them back home, because most are not slow, the slicks anybody but a fool can tell in 30 seconds are just plain slick. But that is not the real reason, The reason is Is because they do not put their head down to hunt within a quarter of a mile, no matter how many they run over. These walkers today do NOT want to Compete. They are bred to get to themselves so they do not have to worry about a better(faster) dog overtaking them. Say whatever you may. They are behind me.

Old Post 10-28-2010 08:08 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

sackett jr & red eagle dick blood

mine start hunting as soon as you turn them loose.
some people dont like them like that. but i'm old, i want a dog to hunt from the front to the back of the woods. the closer it trees a coon the less i have to walk.
they aint blowing through the woods looking for one to cross in front of them. they got some side to side hunt in them.
ITS ONE OF THE main reasons i have stayed with
RED EAGLE DICK BRED HOUNDS for all these yrs.
that and they are as accurate as you will find all yr long.
I liked to go to nite hunts when the leaves are OFF too.

EVERY dog i have in my kennel is off RED EAGLE MACK.

...............................Gr Nt Ch Rock River Sackett Jr
Red Eagle Mack
...............................Gr Ch Red Eagle Telsa

Old Post 03-14-2011 03:18 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greg stull
Banned

IF MR. RAPER SAID IT'S NICE IT'S NICE.

Old Post 03-14-2011 03:40 AM
greg stull is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greg stull Click here to Send greg stull a Private Message Click Here to Email greg stull Find more posts by greg stull Add greg stull to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jackbob42
UKC Forum Member

Re: sackett jr & red eagle dick blood

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
..... but i'm old, i want a dog to hunt from the front to the back of the woods. the closer it trees a coon the less i have to walk.
they aint blowing through the woods looking for one to cross in front of them. they got some side to side hunt in them.

My feelings exactly.
Sounds like my kind of dogs !
Hope to find another one before I quit hunting.

BackWoods River Walkers/Beagles
Just all 'round , meat gettin' hounds.

Old Post 03-14-2011 03:38 PM
jackbob42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jackbob42 Click here to Send jackbob42 a Private Message Find more posts by jackbob42 Add jackbob42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andrewdavis
UKC Forum Member

Seems like there's alot of good being said about red eagle dick still alot out there I've heard alot about the Finley river chief dog from alot of buddy's I'm new at the sport so correct me of I'm wrong but chief was grandad of eagle right !!

Nitech grch shannons hillbilly cookie (rip)
Pr davis'hillbilly tiny diamond
team hillbilly mac !!!

Old Post 03-21-2018 02:04 AM
andrewdavis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andrewdavis Click here to Send andrewdavis a Private Message Click Here to Email andrewdavis Find more posts by andrewdavis Add andrewdavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andrewdavis
UKC Forum Member

Seems like there's alot of good being said about red eagle dick still alot out there I've heard alot about the Finley river chief dog from alot of buddy's I'm new at the sport so correct me of I'm wrong but chief was grandad of eagle right !!

Nitech grch shannons hillbilly cookie (rip)
Pr davis'hillbilly tiny diamond
team hillbilly mac !!!

Old Post 03-21-2018 02:04 AM
andrewdavis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andrewdavis Click here to Send andrewdavis a Private Message Click Here to Email andrewdavis Find more posts by andrewdavis Add andrewdavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Red Eagle Casey lll traits = trackdog with extremely accurate.

Period! There is no breed of hounds more accurate. You don't have to believe me,come on down and we'll go hunting,she'll show you in some of the nastiest terrain you will ever see. Just gotta see it to believe, and then you'll still say, no way; good lord,have mercy, huh huh huh!!! Oh my goodness.

Old Post 03-22-2018 01:01 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

Got a little Red Eagle Dick here. Kept 4 off this litter

Check out Broken Road Kennel on You Tube

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Last edited by Doug Bowers on 03-22-2018 at 03:05 AM

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:52 AM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Nice,real nice breeding.

Rowdy is loaded up. Finley river Joe bred hounds ain't no joke.some of best trackdogs ever born,period. A lot have never seen a true trackdog that could beat a semi silent or silent dog to tree. Some do exist. Got 2 females, Kentucky rv rattler x Lippers hope bred,doing pretty good for 9 mths old. In future hope to breed them to heavy linebred red eagle males I have.
Good hunting and god bless.

Old Post 03-22-2018 01:05 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote