UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2020 Major Event Schedule
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

2020 Major Event Schedule

Here is the tentative major event schedule for 2020:

https://www.ukcdogs.com/coonhound-major-events

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2019 05:45 PM
trevorwade09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevorwade09 Click here to Send trevorwade09 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevorwade09 Find more posts by trevorwade09 Add trevorwade09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Glad to see them posted for the year, but sure didn't believe that Heartland Classic & National Bluetick Days fell on same weekend next year. Have always had 2 major hunts to look forward to, but now will have to miss one & I'm sure a lot of other bluetickers will feel the same way. See ya in Indiana!!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-12-2019 05:34 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Dates

I can't believe Jay let that happen Ron. Being a self proclaimed blue man and Heartland member he should have known better. They were always only a week apart, if I'm correct.

Old Post 12-12-2019 02:15 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

dates

Ricochet wouldn't have anything to do with dates. Don't have '20 calender, so don't know if Heartland moved off Mothers Day weekend or BD moved a week early because of fairground availability. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-12-2019 05:07 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

The calendar has done a weird shift this year with Labor Day falling on September 7. Obviously Autumn Oaks is Labor Day weekend so this shift, with the leap year, has caused a lot of confusion over the schedules, especially with breed days. Most every date is 5 days later than the date it was the prior year.

The BBOA made me aware that National Bluetick Days is always the weekend following Mother's Day so that shifted it to the same weekend as the Heartland Classic. I know when I talked to Erika with the Heartland Classic, they had the fairgrounds reserved for that weekend. That was prior to the Bluetick shift.

Old Post 12-12-2019 05:39 PM
trevorwade09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevorwade09 Click here to Send trevorwade09 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevorwade09 Find more posts by trevorwade09 Add trevorwade09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dates

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
I can't believe Jay let that happen Ron. Being a self proclaimed blue man and Heartland member he should have known better. They were always only a week apart, if I'm correct.

I'll do better next time to accommodate ALL of my north eastern Iowa coon hunting friends next time. Best wishes.

Old Post 12-12-2019 06:40 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronald Stroud
UKC Forum Member

I thought UKC usually had the zones in the same location for at least two years. The Hawkins County Club in Rogersville asked for it again this year. Just wondering why it was moved.

Old Post 12-13-2019 12:48 AM
Ronald Stroud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronald Stroud Click here to Send Ronald Stroud a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronald Stroud Find more posts by Ronald Stroud Add Ronald Stroud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

Ron, sorry, I tried to get back with you yesterday but couldn't get through. The goal is for clubs to hold the zones for two years but in some cases it doesn't work out for them to be held consecutively. With some prior obligations we needed to fulfill this year, it made more sense to move that zone further east to cover more area. Hopefully we can get it back to Rogersville soon, you guys always do an awesome job.

Last edited by trevorwade09 on 12-13-2019 at 02:50 PM

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:39 PM