UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > cheap side by side summer box.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

cheap side by side summer box.

had some spare time today with cold and windy weather so cobbled together new box for the buggy. been wanting a wide open summer box for some time and was gonna go metal or aluminum but had all kinds of wood left over from my parents house project. so put it to good use. all the wood was scraps laying around and with some hardware and undercoating picked up project was the right price!

1 1/4 inch dowls fit into holes in side by side box. used hole saw and cut into 2x4s so fit tight then screwed also. door i stole from old double decker box on flatbed truck. rest of it put together on the fly. top storage sides are 1x6s, but gonna add to that and possibly put lid. floor of storage and top of box 3/4 inch plywood. sprayed down with cheap poof can undercoating. wasnt hardly dry come hunt time but gonna hit again.

of course even though wind was horrible had to put it to use tonight. LOL.

the old box.

took pics of new one while building.

time to hunt and test out. took minn,trix,shadow, and bubba. pics of box and one tree from tonight.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-2014 06:28 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

single.

trix and shadow posing, i think trix is showing better than retard shadow.

bubba talking.

minn sitting back like usual.

Old Post 04-16-2014 06:28 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

The dog box looks good. Hunting off them four wheelers is the way to go, I use my Honda Rancher all the time. I got a dog box for a small truck that I mount on top of a lawn cart. The dogs hate all the shaking & bouncing around though.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 04-16-2014 07:40 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke 2012
The dog box looks good. Hunting off them four wheelers is the way to go, I use my Honda Rancher all the time. I got a dog box for a small truck that I mount on top of a lawn cart. The dogs hate all the shaking & bouncing around though.

i hunted off fourwheeler for years, and used open rig box. this works way better than dragging cart around! once dogs figure out how much fun it is they ride like champs. also with well broke dogs you get bonus runs when they rig between freecasts. i put a million miles on 94 honda 300 and this box me and buddy built in an hour. the old honda fourwheeler got triple the gas mileage my polaris ranger does to. LOL.

Old Post 04-16-2014 08:19 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Cool Box!

Great Pix...not so sure about that BOSING picture...LOL... Once of them does look great... the other? lol....

HappyHunting, Heather and Bob

Old Post 04-16-2014 04:47 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Riverbottom Ron
UKC Forum Member

MR MNB@T

I JUST HAVE TO TELL YOU ,,,YOU AND OLE JUSTIN SMITH TAKE THE BEST PICTURES WHILE YOUR HUNTIN AND THOSE GOOD ACTION PICTURES LIKE YOU AND JUSTIN TAKE PUTS EXCITEMENT IN YOUR POSTS ,I CANT TAKE A GOOD ACTION PACKED PICTURE LIKE YOUS DO ! CONTINUED GOOD HUNTIN ,,,HAVE A BLESSED ONE ,,,,FROM THE RIVERBOTTOM,,,RON

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD GAVE US FRIENDS AND COONHOUNDS, " I AM A GREATLY BLESSED",HIGHLY FAVORED" " IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD "KEEP YOUR {FAITH IN GOD } FAITH SEES THE INVISIBLE,BELIEVES THE INCREDIBLE,AND RECIEVES THE IMPOSSIBLE. WERE BLESSED !!

Old Post 04-16-2014 05:38 PM
Riverbottom Ron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverbottom Ron Click here to Send Riverbottom Ron a Private Message Find more posts by Riverbottom Ron Add Riverbottom Ron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

Re: MR MNB@T

quote:
Originally posted by Riverbottom Ron
I JUST HAVE TO TELL YOU ,,,YOU AND OLE JUSTIN SMITH TAKE THE BEST PICTURES WHILE YOUR HUNTIN AND THOSE GOOD ACTION PICTURES LIKE YOU AND JUSTIN TAKE PUTS EXCITEMENT IN YOUR POSTS ,I CANT TAKE A GOOD ACTION PACKED PICTURE LIKE YOUS DO ! CONTINUED GOOD HUNTIN ,,,HAVE A BLESSED ONE ,,,,FROM THE RIVERBOTTOM,,,RON

thanks ron, but i definately take better pictures than lil justin! LOL. it takes "real" talent to push the button while potlickers are in action. (not really).

hope you pack your shorts, waders, and even your shovel for b&t days! nebraska is sending the legend east bound! i dont need to explain that anymore!

would love to come spectate but my dogs got a date with the big black coons in july. only got so many days can take off and a week of bear pursuit comes first. wish you guys good hunts and fellowship at b&t days. later, matt.

Old Post 04-18-2014 09:01 AM
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

Thats my rig.I can haul two hounds.

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 04-18-2014 04:20 PM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 04-18-2014 04:23 PM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toddwicks

Thats my rig.I can haul two hounds.

todd, i like your wheeler. honda only way to go. my next buggy will be honda someday when can afford to trade.

i know its way warmer your way then here and you need open style box. i cant see front or back of box but that looks hot for a hound dog. you get 2 dogs after a good run and they produce serious heat.

Old Post 04-20-2014 08:49 AM