UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Black land Ernie
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
david white
UKC Forum Member

Black land Ernie

How did he reproduce?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-09-2014 12:01 PM
david white is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david white Click here to Send david white a Private Message Click Here to Email david white Visit david white's homepage! Find more posts by david white Add david white to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

Dark Hollow Scherry. Wasnt Earnie her Sire ?

Have i got this right ? Hobo was bred to Scherry to produce Slam.
Slam was.bred to Cabin Cove Beth ( Rocker Female) that produced Slammer and then along came HAMMER

What all dogs did EARNIE sire ?

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Last edited by toddwicks on 04-09-2014 at 03:18 PM

Old Post 04-09-2014 03:13 PM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rweller
UKC Forum Member

Re: Black land Ernie

quote:
Originally posted by david white
How did he reproduce?

Not near as good as his brother Black Land Bear.

GR.Nt.Ch. Pr Black Magic Queen
Past home of Gr.Nt.Ch. Splitters Magic Otis 2014 Black and Tan Days King of Hunt. GRNITECH'PR' Roughton's Black Splitter X Gr.Nt.Ch. Black Magic Queen

Old Post 04-10-2014 07:40 PM
rweller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rweller Click here to Send rweller a Private Message Click Here to Email rweller Find more posts by rweller Add rweller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHERRY VALLEY
UKC Forum Member

Ernie

Bear, Ernie, and Backswamp Ragin Sioux were all littermates out of Bo. I dont know how good he reproduced, but not as good as Bear. Also, I dont know if he was bred too as much as Bear.

GR CH GRNTCH GREEN'S ROUGH RIVER KY FANCY
PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE'S INDIANA BLK TRACY
NTCH GILLUM'S KY RIVER QUEEN
PKC CH GRNTCH COBLE AND STOCKING STINGER
BLACKLAND BABE

Old Post 04-10-2014 08:07 PM
CHERRY VALLEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHERRY VALLEY Click here to Send CHERRY VALLEY a Private Message Click Here to Email CHERRY VALLEY Find more posts by CHERRY VALLEY Add CHERRY VALLEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

quote:
[i]Originally posted by todd wicks

What all dogs did EARNIE sire ? [/B]

??????/????

2011 WORLD Qualifier
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 04-10-2014 08:41 PM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dirtdevil
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by toddwicks
and then along came HAMMER

Hammer is such a dominant stud .. he gets credit not only for what he produces , but what produced him ... breed to Hammer now , or regret it later ...

Old Post 04-10-2014 09:43 PM
Dirtdevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dirtdevil Click here to Send Dirtdevil a Private Message Find more posts by Dirtdevil Add Dirtdevil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rodney Stewart
UKC Forum Member

GRNTCH Rowdens Mighty Markus was of Ernie And Roubidoux Sue.

Old Post 04-10-2014 10:21 PM
Rodney Stewart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rodney Stewart Click here to Send Rodney Stewart a Private Message Click Here to Email Rodney Stewart Find more posts by Rodney Stewart Add Rodney Stewart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dawgg03
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dirtdevil
Hammer is such a dominant stud .. he gets credit not only for what he produces , but what produced him ... breed to Hammer now , or regret it later ...
now that's a stud dog.

I use Sunfire lights

Old Post 04-10-2014 10:26 PM
dawgg03 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgg03 Click here to Send dawgg03 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgg03 Find more posts by dawgg03 Add dawgg03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Stewart
GRNTCH Rowdens Mighty Markus was of Ernie And Roubidoux Sue.

Rodney ,do you know anything about the Mighty Markus dog ? Or anyone else ?

2011 WORLD Qualifier
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

2014 World Qualifier

Last edited by toddwicks on 04-10-2014 at 11:19 PM

Old Post 04-10-2014 11:13 PM
Dirtdevil
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by dawgg03
now that's a stud dog.

that's not all .. Hammer actually wrote Walk With Wick ... John Wick is Hammer's pen name ...

Old Post 04-11-2014 12:43 AM
Dirtdevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dirtdevil Click here to Send Dirtdevil a Private Message Find more posts by Dirtdevil Add Dirtdevil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dawgg03
UKC Forum Member

Dang justin I learn so much from you ! But it all makes sence now should have known that

I use Sunfire lights

Old Post 04-11-2014 12:58 AM
dawgg03 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgg03 Click here to Send dawgg03 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgg03 Find more posts by dawgg03 Add dawgg03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rodney Stewart
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toddwicks
Rodney ,do you know anything about the Mighty Markus dog ? Or anyone else ?

He was very big, he had a big mouth, he hunted hard, and was real balanced. He is the sire of Appilgates Magnum Maggie.

Old Post 04-11-2014 01:54 AM
Rodney Stewart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rodney Stewart Click here to Send Rodney Stewart a Private Message Click Here to Email Rodney Stewart Find more posts by Rodney Stewart Add Rodney Stewart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

He is the sire to my Mason dog's Dam. She is by far the best female bnt I have ever been to the woods.

Old Post 04-11-2014 01:08 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Black land Ernie

quote:
Originally posted by rweller
Not near as good as his brother Black Land Bear.

Ralph I would say I would probably agree with you on this though it is just my opinion. I talked to a guy that said he hunted with Ernie and Bear quite a few times that they were both coon dogs. They just had different style's Bear was a harder hunting dog then Ernie. For this litter Ernie, Bear, Sioux, and Abby not sure how many were in this litter. The reproducing ability to reproduce reproducers through this whole litter is uncanny. You will see after 20yrs from these dogs, reproducers showing up with one of these dogs somewhere in the pedigree. You see that now and then with a dog out of a litter, usually though not with the whole litter that this happens.

319-201-8445

Old Post 04-11-2014 07:55 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparky
UKC Forum Member

Never hunted with either, owned one out of bear and several out of Ernie. The locals said ernie was a go hunting sucker. Ed lived north of me an hour and had some good river hunting 1/2 mile off the road and I always heard Ernie wouldn't hunt the first half mile cause he had been turned off the road whole life and woods were usually half mile and it was always a dead run to get there. I don't know if this true or not just hear say.

If I was going to hunt a blackdog again it'd be out of these 2 or something heavy bred on them. My bear dog was a go yonder coon treeing sucker with a lot of sense. The Ernie dogs were also wild hunting dogs. Had a female out of him that started treeing coons by herself at 6 months old. Most people would've killer her. Seen her tree 12-15 coons a night several times but she could make 20-25 trees treeing those 12 coons also. Sounds unrealistic but that's what she was. She had more drive than any dog I've ever seen and a huge pain in the rear with a pitiful mouth, but hardest treedog I've ever seen. Had some other Ernie dogs that didn't work out they seemed more rattle headed, than the bear dogs.

I know ed had Ernie semen is it still out there? I'd like to have a Ernie pup if a guy could get pups from him.

Old Post 04-12-2014 04:35 AM
Sparky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparky Click here to Send Sparky a Private Message Click Here to Email Sparky Find more posts by Sparky Add Sparky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

Joe Sharp, Lucas Iowa has some. Not sure how to get a hold of him..

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 04-13-2014 02:53 AM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevor davis
Banned

nite ch mi buckwheat, nite ch screaming ernie, and nite ozark bozo. better hound then bear any day but didnt throw the tree power which bear threw too much

Old Post 04-14-2014 04:28 PM
trevor davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevor davis Click here to Send trevor davis a Private Message Find more posts by trevor davis Add trevor davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rweller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by trevor davis
nite ch mi buckwheat, nite ch screaming ernie, and nite ozark bozo. better hound then bear any day but didnt throw the tree power which bear threw too much

I Have never hunted or heard of any of the dogs you mention. I would like to know how much you hunted with Black Land Bear since you say these other dogs were so much better than him.
I will say that Black Land Bear did throw plenty of tree power and some did tree to much when they were young but once they got a good kill season or two on them they usually got that out of there system.

Now tell me about these other dogs that were so much better than him since I have never heard of them or seen any of them in any pedigrees. I'm not a beginner in the breed so if they were that good I think I would have heard a little about them.

GR.Nt.Ch. Pr Black Magic Queen
Past home of Gr.Nt.Ch. Splitters Magic Otis 2014 Black and Tan Days King of Hunt. GRNITECH'PR' Roughton's Black Splitter X Gr.Nt.Ch. Black Magic Queen

Old Post 04-14-2014 05:22 PM
rweller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rweller Click here to Send rweller a Private Message Click Here to Email rweller Find more posts by rweller Add rweller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by trevor davis

How many Bear dogs you hunt with?

Old Post 04-14-2014 05:57 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Smoke
How many Bear dogs you hunt with?

Don't worry he has been doing this for 20 yrs. I am sure it has been a lot of them....

319-201-8445

Old Post 04-14-2014 06:20 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan D.
UKC Forum Member

ernie

never got to hunt with him but did see him. Big stout good lookin dark colored hound. Looked like one should look. did hunt with Bear one time, got by himself and got treed and had a coon. good treedog.

Old Post 04-14-2014 07:23 PM
Dan D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan D. Click here to Send Dan D. a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan D. Find more posts by Dan D. Add Dan D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

Somebody got it backwards. Troll go home!

Old Post 04-14-2014 10:55 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Treye VanDyne
UKC Forum Member

There is or was Ernie semen and half was sold and it was no good, I had the opportunity to buy it and wanted it checked but it was sold before it got that far if you do look into buying Ernie semen have it checked

Old Post 04-15-2014 12:44 AM
Treye VanDyne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treye VanDyne Click here to Send Treye VanDyne a Private Message Click Here to Email Treye VanDyne Find more posts by Treye VanDyne Add Treye VanDyne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Buckwheat was in Michigan. Owned by Willard Prey. Never hunted with him.

Old Post 04-15-2014 01:22 AM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckeyebill55
UKC Forum Member

hey sparky do u no what ever happend to Ed k

Old Post 04-15-2014 10:49 AM
Buckeyebill55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckeyebill55 Click here to Send Buckeyebill55 a Private Message Find more posts by Buckeyebill55 Add Buckeyebill55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote