UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bellars Handsome Harry
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Bellars Handsome Harry

Did he sire any World Champions?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-29-2011 11:36 PM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCOTT ENGLE
UKC Forum Member

2001 BELLARS ANN WAS THE PKC WORLD CHAMPION WALKER FEMALE... SHE IS ON MY TOP 2 LIST OF ALL TIME GREATS. WISH I HAD HER BACK.. I GOT 3RD PLACE OVER ALL THAT YEAR WITH HER. GOOD ONE. RUSS HAS DONE A FINE JOB OVER THE YEARS, I ENJOYED HUNTING FOR HIM.

GRAND NITE CHAMPION
BOOGAR HOLLOW MOJO
513-284-4874

Old Post 11-30-2011 03:36 AM
SCOTT ENGLE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCOTT ENGLE Click here to Send SCOTT ENGLE a Private Message Click Here to Email SCOTT ENGLE Find more posts by SCOTT ENGLE Add SCOTT ENGLE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dawgtired62
UKC Forum Member

was he out of Pac-man ?

Old Post 11-30-2011 04:54 AM
dawgtired62 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgtired62 Click here to Send dawgtired62 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgtired62 Find more posts by dawgtired62 Add dawgtired62 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LostHeritageKennel
UKC Forum Member

Yes Handsome Harry was out of Pac-man and Black Kettle Nancy.

2005 ACHA Youth World Show Ch
2005 KY State Youth Show Ch
2006 ICHA State Youth Show Ch
2006 ICHA State Youth Reserve Nite Hunt Ch

Lost Heritage Kennel
Home of:
2011 PKC Crossbreed Champion
2010 Top 10 PKC Crossbreed
2010 Top 16 PKC KY State
Arkansas Pro Hunt Semi-finalist
SilverCh GrNiteCh Ch Ton's Half Quart Tanner
ACHA World Champion Walker Female
Gr Ch Little Walnut Abe's Mercy Me
Vanover's Half Breed Honey
Half Breed Trouble Shooter Co-owned with Adam Hibbs
Wipeout Wyatt Earp Co-owned with Kyle Ballhagen

In Loving Memory of:
Johnny Vanover Jr.
GrNiteCh Van's Hard Knockin' Stylish Abe
ACHA World Show Ch
PKC World Ch Walker Female
PKC BCh GrCh Cherry Creek Faith
2009 Top 16 PKC Crossbreed
2008 Top 24 PKC Crossbreed
2008 Top 16 PKC Pro-Am Race
PKC Ch GrNiteCh Stylish Lonesome Trouble(Ole South's Stylish Rebel X Half Breed Jessi)
2005 PKC Canada Leader
GrNiteCh Silver Ch Vanover's Stylish Zena
PKC Ch NiteCh Hardwood China

Old Post 11-30-2011 05:31 PM
LostHeritageKennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LostHeritageKennel Click here to Send LostHeritageKennel a Private Message Click Here to Email LostHeritageKennel Find more posts by LostHeritageKennel Add LostHeritageKennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Holy thread resurrection

Who hunted with Harry. A good dog man I respect told me he Harry was perhaps the best dog he ever saw?

Old Post 12-03-2014 11:27 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Bellars Ann

quote:
Originally posted by SCOTT ENGLE
2001 BELLARS ANN WAS THE PKC WORLD CHAMPION WALKER FEMALE... SHE IS ON MY TOP 2 LIST OF ALL TIME GREATS. WISH I HAD HER BACK.. I GOT 3RD PLACE OVER ALL THAT YEAR WITH HER. GOOD ONE. RUSS HAS DONE A FINE JOB OVER THE YEARS, I ENJOYED HUNTING FOR HIM.

What was Bellars Ann out of?

Old Post 04-16-2020 04:48 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Jansen handled him some if I remember correctly.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 04-16-2020 05:06 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hardball
UKC Forum Member

Yes, Bruce Jansen can tell you more than most on Harry. I drew him once in the spring at Kokomo, Indiana and he won our cast with like 1200 points. That joker was faster than fast and Russ treed him every time before his locate stopped I mean a one bark tree dog. Top 5 performances I have ever seen.

Old Post 04-16-2020 09:02 PM
Hardball is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hardball Click here to Send Hardball a Private Message Find more posts by Hardball Add Hardball to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brujan182
UKC Forum Member

Harry

I hunted Harry for 6 months. One of 2 or 3 best track dog I’ve hunted. Like Brian said a one bark tree dog. The best combination score card and coon dog I’ve hunted. I’ve hunted a few that were better coon dogs. And a couple that were better score card dogs I don’t thing any were better at both. Bellar put a UKC 2 Nd on him. I hunted him in 7 hunts. Easily won every cast. To my knowledge he hasn’t produced a world ch. But he was a good producer. Saigon was off Harry and a Yadkin River Camp female I bred to him while he was here. He died of Blasto when he was 4.

Old Post 04-16-2020 09:36 PM
brujan182 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brujan182 Click here to Send brujan182 a Private Message Click Here to Email brujan182 Find more posts by brujan182 Add brujan182 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

I think I read where Russ said he was one of his best reproducers

Old Post 04-17-2020 01:52 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Jannsen

It's nice to see someone like yourself that has hunted with a lot of really good dogs, make such a positive statement about this dog. Says a lot about his ability. Dave

Old Post 04-17-2020 04:14 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brujan182
UKC Forum Member

Harry

Thanks Dave. It ain’t hard to tell the truth. Harry was one of the best

Old Post 04-18-2020 01:25 AM
brujan182 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brujan182 Click here to Send brujan182 a Private Message Click Here to Email brujan182 Find more posts by brujan182 Add brujan182 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldsouth123
UKC Forum Member

Handsome Harry

Hey Bruce,I remember when you were hunting Harry. You told me that he was one of the best and to remember that name because he was really going to go places.I sure enjoyed our visit,when you came down to eastern N.C.

Old Post 04-18-2020 05:20 AM
oldsouth123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldsouth123 Click here to Send oldsouth123 a Private Message Find more posts by oldsouth123 Add oldsouth123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brujan182
UKC Forum Member

Re: Handsome Harry

quote:
Originally posted by oldsouth123
Hey Bruce,I remember when you were hunting Harry. You told me that he was one of the best and to remember that name because he was really going to go places.I sure enjoyed our visit,when you came down to eastern N.C.

Hey Jimmy. Good to hear from you. I enjoyed our visit also. I miss your column. Yes, Harry was one of the best. Bellar picked him up went the world just few days later. And won it.

Old Post 04-21-2020 09:52 PM
brujan182
UKC Forum Member

Re: Handsome Harry

quote:
Originally posted by oldsouth123

Hey Jimmy. Good to hear from you. I enjoyed our visit also. I miss your column. Yes, Harry was one of the best. Bellar picked him up went the world just few days later. And won it.

Old Post 04-21-2020 09:52 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Jannsen

Bruce, you aren't the only one that misses Jimmys writing, those were the days.He was a heck of a coon hunter back in the day. Dave

Old Post 04-22-2020 07:06 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A. Stonecipher
New UKC Forum Member

Handsome Harry

I was lucky enough to get to start Harry for Loyd Wilson from Wichita Kansas. Loyd called him Power Pac when I had him I got him at about 9 or 10 months old he was about as natural as anything I've ever seen. My dad had coyote hounds at the time saw Harry outrun some young July hounds on a coyote and run it down in a gravel road before he was a year old he didn't hold it but he exceptional track speed for a coondog. Showed him a few coon and he quit the fast stuff and started treeing coon like an old dog. His mother was an outstanding reproducer I started 7 or 8 out of Nancy if memory serves me correct he was in the last litter out Pac Man and Nancy. Most of the hounds I see today just beat around on a track never getting out of a fast trot. Harry when I had him had track speed to give away. Loyd Wilson took him home and put some hard hunting on him and sold him Russ. Loyd Wilson is one of the best with a young dog if not the best I ever saw he has trained and sold many big time winners.

Old Post 04-22-2020 04:35 PM
A. Stonecipher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A. Stonecipher Click here to Send A. Stonecipher a Private Message Find more posts by A. Stonecipher Add A. Stonecipher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bdeventer
UKC Forum Member

I could be mistaken but I’m pretty sure my dad started him on pheasants. Had a beagle that would run pheasant and took him along. I’m pretty sure that was the dog.

Old Post 08-01-2020 03:18 AM
bdeventer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bdeventer Click here to Send bdeventer a Private Message Find more posts by bdeventer Add bdeventer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote