UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 1 hr nite hunts
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MARSHALL AYERS
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Fitzko
The ones that want the hour just cuts down on the slick trees they can make so they can finish the hunt.

Sir, respectfully this statement is a crock and you know it. A first and a first on 2 slicks and your done. A second and a first on 2 slicks and your done. Doesn’t matter if your 10 min in to a cast or one hour and thirty seven min in to a cast. Plus if it cuts down on some people’s slicks just to finish a hunt how does that help? Doesn’t matter if you finish the hunt if you have a slick and someone else doesn’t chances are you still loose. These one hour hunts are designed to make a faster paced hunt, along with giving you more opportunities to advance your dog with titles. If you are concerned with how much it costs to hunt a hunt chances are you shouldn’t be hunting them anyhow. You don’t spend your grocery money to enter a contest! If 20, 25, 30 dollars hurts your pocketbook hunt every other hunt and save some costs. If not winning a trophy hurts your conscious or gives you a distaste goto your club officials and ask them to set something up for the high scoring dog to receive a trophy. Only so the high scoring dog so you have something to be proud of when you do win it. If the allotted time gives you a fit, study on what’s on the end of your leash and make a decision as to weather your personal hound is good enough to beat the dogs that slick to much and need to finish a hunt in one hour to remain eligible for placement.

DUAL GRAND GRNITECH'GRCH'PR'NITRO'S BIGTIME GOMER
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/bigtimekennels/th_null_zpsaf6e7c86.png

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-11-2019 02:40 AM
MARSHALL AYERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARSHALL AYERS Click here to Send MARSHALL AYERS a Private Message Click Here to Email MARSHALL AYERS Find more posts by MARSHALL AYERS Add MARSHALL AYERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARSHALL AYERS
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I hunted two double header hunts @ $30 times 2 = $60 and if you showed a dog it’s $20 more, Show one dog and hunt 2 hours for $80 Bucks? Never again!

Tim, not being argumentative I want your opinion because I value it as a top breeder of walkers. Did you win all 3 events you entered? If not Would it change your mind some of you would have put 2 wins on your dog in the woods and 1 win on the bench?

DUAL GRAND GRNITECH'GRCH'PR'NITRO'S BIGTIME GOMER
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/bigtimekennels/th_null_zpsaf6e7c86.png

Old Post 06-11-2019 02:44 AM
MARSHALL AYERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARSHALL AYERS Click here to Send MARSHALL AYERS a Private Message Click Here to Email MARSHALL AYERS Find more posts by MARSHALL AYERS Add MARSHALL AYERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

No I didn’t like paying $60 bucks for 2 one hour hunts before I paid it and still don’t like it Win or lose.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 06-11-2019 03:04 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

If I wasn't having fun after showing my dog and hunting the early round I wouldn't have stayed & hunted the late round..

Old Post 06-11-2019 05:21 AM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Clubs need the money

If you want to dance, you gotta pay the fiddler. Clubs need the money to pay the bills. If the clubs struggle too much they shut down. This sport costs money as with any hobby or entertainment, most of the cost isn't entry fees.
Check and see what other hobbies or other types of competition costs. Coonhunt's are still cheap at the local level.
If I have to drive an hour or more to a hunt I'd rather have 2 chances (Double Header) than just one. 2 chances at getting put in coon. If coon move late, the late round might be the better round or the other way around. If I need to spend time with the family (Eat supper) I can skip the first round and still make the late round.

The best way to save money in this sport, is feed and hunt 1 dog.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 06-11-2019 05:56 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Or not hunt at all is which it is coming to very fast around here. Not a lack of interest, but serious lack of land to hunt on, coupled with dogs that are at best nothing. A man can just get ready to throw in the towel and internet hunt. Lot less walking and more sleep hunting here.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 06-11-2019 12:04 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Sad to say Robert but you hit the nail on the head.

Old Post 06-11-2019 02:06 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Re: Clubs need the money

quote:
Originally posted by jdgher
If you want to dance, you gotta pay the fiddler. Clubs need the money to pay the bills. If the clubs struggle too much they shut down. This sport costs money as with any hobby or entertainment, most of the cost isn't entry fees.
Check and see what other hobbies or other types of competition costs. Coonhunt's are still cheap at the local level.
If I have to drive an hour or more to a hunt I'd rather have 2 chances (Double Header) than just one. 2 chances at getting put in coon. If coon move late, the late round might be the better round or the other way around. If I need to spend time with the family (Eat supper) I can skip the first round and still make the late round.

x2

Old Post 06-12-2019 07:05 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote