UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Heat Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wishiwashunting
UKC Forum Member

Heat Question

I have a dog that doesn't regularly come in heat. But I noticed she came in today because I saw that she had a bloody discharge. However she doesn't swell or show any other signs. Is this normal? I always thought she should swell too. She was in last year during Memorial day and she hasn't been in since. She is three and a half years old. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Home of the Roamin Kennels
PR' Lawyers Roamin Locktight Lucky (Plott)
PR' Lawyer's Atchafalaya Queen (Bluetick) RIP
PR' Lawyer's Roamin Cazadora "Cassie" (Walker) RIP

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-2010 01:06 AM
wishiwashunting is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wishiwashunting Click here to Send wishiwashunting a Private Message Click Here to Email wishiwashunting Find more posts by wishiwashunting Add wishiwashunting to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maniac
UKC Forum Member

Re: Heat Question

quote:
Originally posted by wishiwashunting
I have a dog that doesn't regularly come in heat. But I noticed she came in today because I saw that she had a bloody discharge. However she doesn't swell or show any other signs. Is this normal? I always thought she should swell too. She was in last year during Memorial day and she hasn't been in since. She is three and a half years old. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SHE COULD HAVE A INFECTION. MAKEING HER SWELL UP IN SIDE. TAKE TO THE VET AND HAVE HER CHECK

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Old Post 03-12-2010 01:28 AM
Maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maniac Click here to Send Maniac a Private Message Find more posts by Maniac Add Maniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melanie H.
UKC Forum Member

I had a female that only came into heat once a year (so nice) and she did not swell.. The dishcharge was the only way you could tell.. She is coming 5 now and it has always been the same..

You've only got 3 choices in life, give in, give up, or give it all you got.

Old Post 03-12-2010 02:19 AM
Melanie H. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melanie H. Click here to Send Melanie H. a Private Message Click Here to Email Melanie H. Visit Melanie H.'s homepage! Find more posts by Melanie H. Add Melanie H. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redwood Hounds
UKC Forum Member

I have one that comes in every 7-10 months. But you can sure tell once she's in! For a full 4 weeks!

If she normally swells, and she isn't this time, and is having discharge, I would be concerned about pyometra.

REDWOOD'S TREEING WALKER COONHOUNDS
& LOUISIANA CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOGS
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/

NITECH CGRCH FCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's All Night Aspen
(2014 #1 UKC Top Ten All-Breed Conformation Treeing Walker)
NITECH CCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's Wild Gamble

Old Post 03-12-2010 04:31 AM
Redwood Hounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redwood Hounds Click here to Send Redwood Hounds a Private Message Click Here to Email Redwood Hounds Visit Redwood Hounds's homepage! Find more posts by Redwood Hounds Add Redwood Hounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wishiwashunting
UKC Forum Member

Last May when she came in she didn't swell then. So maybe she is not going to. She acts fine. Any other opinions?

Home of the Roamin Kennels
PR' Lawyers Roamin Locktight Lucky (Plott)
PR' Lawyer's Atchafalaya Queen (Bluetick) RIP
PR' Lawyer's Roamin Cazadora "Cassie" (Walker) RIP

Old Post 03-12-2010 04:56 AM
wishiwashunting is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wishiwashunting Click here to Send wishiwashunting a Private Message Click Here to Email wishiwashunting Find more posts by wishiwashunting Add wishiwashunting to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote