UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Cur and Feist Classifieds > ? Think of switching to squirrel hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Joseph Nalley
UKC Forum Member

? Think of switching to squirrel hunt

If I was going to get in to squirrel hunt with dog what should I get feist or cur? I don't know anything about either! I like cold nose, big mouth, stay put tree dog when it come to coon hound. I don't know what to expect, nor do I know what breed or blood line to go with any and all information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-14-2017 11:44 PM
Joseph Nalley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph Nalley Click here to Send Joseph Nalley a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph Nalley Find more posts by Joseph Nalley Add Joseph Nalley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

If possible go hunting with somebody who has a Cur and someone else with a feist. Watch both hunt and see which one suits you best.

Hunt em hard, cull em harder

Old Post 08-15-2017 01:06 AM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shatim
UKC Forum Member

If you like hounds maybe a treeing cur which is a cur hound crossed but some bark on the ground most like tight mouth

Old Post 08-15-2017 02:53 AM
shatim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shatim Click here to Send shatim a Private Message Find more posts by shatim Add shatim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joseph Nalley
UKC Forum Member

I really enjoy listening to dog running a track I need a dog that have a loud mouth getting older

Old Post 08-15-2017 03:33 PM
Joseph Nalley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph Nalley Click here to Send Joseph Nalley a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph Nalley Find more posts by Joseph Nalley Add Joseph Nalley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Briar mountain judge pup would suit you. They open some and are usually really loud and start on there own early

Old Post 08-15-2017 03:42 PM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joseph Nalley
UKC Forum Member

Are there any in ky? What is a reasonable price to pay for a cur dog or pup

Old Post 08-15-2017 03:56 PM
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Not sure , judge is in Pennsylvania now and I'm not sure the guy who bought hims name. Leon Kirkpatrick in Indiana would know.

Old Post 08-15-2017 09:36 PM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joseph Nalley
UKC Forum Member

Is there any in ky cheap

Old Post 08-16-2017 02:26 AM
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

300 would be normal puppy price

Old Post 08-16-2017 03:29 AM
Far_East_Tn
New UKC Forum Member

Pups

I have 5 reg male cur pups, 200 each, im in east Tennessee close to Bristol tn, but could meet you some where for a pick up or deliver to your place for a fee. my number is 423 440 1561

Old Post 08-17-2017 03:36 PM
Far_East_Tn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Far_East_Tn Click here to Send Far_East_Tn a Private Message Click Here to Email Far_East_Tn Find more posts by Far_East_Tn Add Far_East_Tn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TREE 'EM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Luther's Fiest
If possible go hunting with somebody who has a Cur and someone else with a feist. Watch both hunt and see which one suits you best.

Great advice!

Hunt with a lot of different dogs before you buy and you'll be much happier with what you get.

If someone won't take you hunting scratch those dogs off the list

Old Post 08-17-2017 11:26 PM
TREE 'EM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TREE 'EM Click here to Send TREE 'EM a Private Message Click Here to Email TREE 'EM Visit TREE 'EM's homepage! Find more posts by TREE 'EM Add TREE 'EM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FarmerTim
New UKC Forum Member

cur pups

I have a litter of Stephens Cur pups for sale, 10 weeks old. Dam and Sire are used on Squirrel and Coon. South Central KY $150 each. Black with white trim.

Old Post 08-18-2017 03:19 AM
FarmerTim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FarmerTim Click here to Send FarmerTim a Private Message Click Here to Email FarmerTim Find more posts by FarmerTim Add FarmerTim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote