UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tournament champions VS World hunt
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Tournament champions VS World hunt

Which will have stiffer competition? Tournament champions dogs have to win 5 cast to get in and lot more money up for stake. World hunt dogs has have 3 cast wins with getting threw Zones. Not as much money to win but the prestige of have world champion dog?

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-23-2020 04:23 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

$50,000 for first place would be my guess.

Tar

Old Post 05-23-2020 04:53 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Maybe you should have titled the post Money vs Prestige...

Old Post 05-23-2020 05:32 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

The cream of the crop will be at both events .....not necessarily stiffer competition at one or the other.

Old Post 05-24-2020 05:11 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

IMO, money talks . When u put out that purse the truly best dogs will be after it .....

Last edited by Sonny Phipps on 05-24-2020 at 08:46 PM

Old Post 05-24-2020 07:53 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Regardless of what anyone might say, there is no doubt 100 percent of all hunters would rather win the 50K hunt. 50K would matter to most of the hunters today, yesterday or tomorrow, with all the different so called World Champions today, the title is just that, it does not pay the bills. Dave

Old Post 05-24-2020 08:22 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

$50,000 before taxes or the UKC world hunt title, I’ll take the title.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-24-2020 09:14 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick St.Clair
UKC Forum Member

Money talks

Old Post 05-25-2020 02:32 AM
Rick St.Clair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick St.Clair Click here to Send Rick St.Clair a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick St.Clair Find more posts by Rick St.Clair Add Rick St.Clair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rick

It sure does. Coon hunting has always just been a hobby for me, but I regret that I never had the opportunity to hunt in the big money hunts when I was younger. I can think of no better way to get a dog recognized than by winning those big money hunts. Titles mean nothing to most of us these days, mostly just to breeders who are selling pups. Think what MELTDOWN had to win to get the earnings he accumulated, that's a record to be proud of. Dave

Old Post 05-25-2020 04:09 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

If you win money you got enough money to go win more money.

If you got a title and nobody likes your dog or the breeding of your dog all you got is a titled dog.

Tar

Old Post 05-25-2020 11:25 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I do believe titles mean very little to internet coon hunters but for a few of us that still hits the wood with dogs we raise, Still help the local clubs, Titles mean as much today as yesterday!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-25-2020 11:59 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I do believe titles mean very little to internet coon hunters but for a few of us that still hits the wood with dogs we raise, Still help the local clubs, Titles mean as much today as yesterday!

You still get a title but you get cash in your pocket also world hunt is paying now but just not as much as the tournament of champions.

I got a $$$ world champion portrait my wife took it down and stuck it in the spare bedroom said it was in her way that’s how much that means.

Tar

Old Post 05-25-2020 12:13 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

When Buying a PKC world Ch dog You just get the dog an a picture You don’t get the title or the money.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-25-2020 12:25 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
When Buying a PKC world Ch dog You just get the dog an a picture You don’t get the title or the money.

When trying to win a world hunt you have a lot of expenses if you win money on the way you can keep rollen.

$50,000 for first place is more than the $$$ kc world hunt paid for 1,300 dogs.

Tar

Old Post 05-25-2020 12:34 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Didn’t you say many times “You will always spend more than you will ever make hunting for money” so what side you on today? Winning helps you keep rolling or rolling deeper in dept?

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-25-2020 12:45 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
When trying to win a world hunt you have a lot of expenses if you win money on the way you can keep rollen.

$50,000 for first place is more than the $$$ kc world hunt paid for 1,300 dogs.

Tar

Was you for it before you was against it? Or against it before you was for it?
Didn’t you say the big bad man with the big bad dog was now coming to UKC to take there money and it was the worst decision UKC had ever made.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-25-2020 12:54 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Was you for it before you was against it? Or against it before you was for it?
Didn’t you say the big bad man with the big bad dog was now coming to UKC to take there money and it was the worst decision UKC had ever made.

As usual you get snippy when sombody don’t agree with you. I can change my mind anytime I want to lol.

Sometimes within minutes sometimes within seconds.

Tar

Old Post 05-25-2020 01:01 PM
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
The cream of the crop will be at both events .....not necessarily stiffer competition at one or the other.

X2

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 05-25-2020 03:57 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Lol. It is really funny that a hypothetical question can make grown men argue over what is better. Does anyone really think that one answer is better than the other answer? Most folks would be happy to win either hunt, but I strongly think the 50K would appeal to folks more than a title alone. Either one would be a worthy accomplishment and rightly so. Dave

Old Post 05-25-2020 08:55 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Hunts

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Lol. It is really funny that a hypothetical question can make grown men argue over what is better. Does anyone really think that one answer is better than the other answer? Most folks would be happy to win either hunt, but I strongly think the 50K would appeal to folks more than a title alone. Either one would be a worthy accomplishment and rightly so. Dave

I am not arguing one day I like pizza one day I like steak I always got options lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-25-2020 09:01 PM
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Long as you dont switch to tofu.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-25-2020 09:23 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Lol. Excellent reply, you were not the target if you know what I mean. Dave

Old Post 05-25-2020 09:31 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Anyone that disagrees or questions becomes a target, I don’t need $50,000, I don’t need a world title, either one can’t give me more time, but times not an option. I understand it goes against your 100% theory but I would pick the title!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-25-2020 10:12 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix
Long as you dont switch to tofu.

Isent that the stuff in that soup on the chimanese buffet ............. I like it lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-25-2020 10:18 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

100 percent

Dp

Last edited by Dave Richards on 05-26-2020 at 07:06 PM

Old Post 05-26-2020 01:09 AM