UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Anyone Had This Happen Before
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ridgerunner1988
UKC Forum Member

Anyone Had This Happen Before

A man let me take a dog out on trial to see if he suits me or not because he wasnt able to take me and show me what the dog does. I give the man the money for the dog and the dog doesnt suit me so I tried taking the dog back and the man is refusing to give me the money back for the dog like he said he would do and a few days after i tried taking the dog back i recieved his papers in the male, puppy papers to beat it all so he wasnt waiting for the papers to come back from UKC. What can be done about this situation? I'm sure nothing because the man already has the money for the dog but that's what the man wanted before letting the dog go on trial as everyone else would in case something happend to the dog.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-15-2020 10:03 PM
Ridgerunner1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ridgerunner1988 Click here to Send Ridgerunner1988 a Private Message Find more posts by Ridgerunner1988 Add Ridgerunner1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dog

Lesson learned the hard way, ALWAYS try the dog before giving any money. If they can not show the dog before you buy or put up money, DO NOT take on trail, they usually will not be any good. Dave

Old Post 09-15-2020 10:29 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dog

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Lesson learned the hard way, ALWAYS try the dog before giving any money. If they can not show the dog before you buy or put up money, DO NOT take on trail, they usually will not be any good. Dave

"trial with money in hand"...never works.They disappear with your money and your left with their cull.
Been burned myself.Never again

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 09-15-2020 10:43 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

I would go to his house and get my money!

You can believe that LOL

I have typed up a contract and had both parties sign it when trying a dog from someone I didn't know. It may not be worth the paper it is written on, but it sure made me feel better and I felt like I had a leg to stand on if I had trouble getting my money back.

I know several big old boys that specialize in dealing with guys like this.

Last edited by hat creek mac on 09-15-2020 at 11:08 PM

Old Post 09-15-2020 11:01 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Some fellows are a real piece of work. I would pay him a visit for sure.

Old Post 09-15-2020 11:45 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Small claims court, in the county money exchanged hands is your best bet. Did he advertised it with a trial anywhere? Any witnesses to you discussing the trial with him? If you make a small court claim, him being subpoenad for it will likely be enough encouragement to make it right.

Old Post 09-15-2020 11:48 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Miranda Lambert

Kerosene
Thats all I'll add to what's all ready been said.

Old Post 09-16-2020 01:31 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MTN HOUND
UKC Forum Member

LIARS

Hate to hear this, I had the same thing happen to me by a guy that’s on here quite often. After I sent him videos of the dog standing at my feet he said he would refund my money then offered me another dog and wanted me to drive 5 hrs to get it a crossbred dog that was still on pup papers to beat all. Lesson learned but sounds like the same guy, bad thing is he had someone else meet me with the dog so I don’t know what the guy even looks like, but stuff like this always comes back around. I’ll send you a PM with some info to see if it was the same guy.

Old Post 09-17-2020 01:21 PM
MTN HOUND is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MTN HOUND Click here to Send MTN HOUND a Private Message Click Here to Email MTN HOUND Find more posts by MTN HOUND Add MTN HOUND to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote